BY REAL TECHNIQUES

About the brushes
The Core Collection Set Brushes

About the Brushes
  • Designed with pro makeup artist Samantha Chapman, Real Techniques brushes combine high-tech materials with innovative design to make creating a pixel-perfect look easier than ever.
  • Synthetic bristles are ultra plush and smoother than the hair you'll find in other brushes. Since our bristles are synthetic, it's 100% cruelty-free. The soft fibers help create a flawless, high-definition finish in any type of light from sunlight to harsh indoor lighting.
  • The color-coded system corresponds to the key steps of makeup application so you can create a flawless base, enhanced eyes, and the perfect finish like a pro.
  • Each brush head is hand-cut to the perfect shape, allowing for precise application from dense coverage to a soft, delicate finish.
  • The collection is suitable for a wide range of products and every makeup need from powders, creams, and liquids to mineral makeup, highlighter, and shimmer.
  • Brush names on the handles make for easy reference when creating your favorite look.
About the Core Collection Set

Detailer Brush - Precision cut to effortlessly conceal problem areas; or use with lipstick for long-lasting shape and definition.

Pointed Foundation Brush - Use with liquid foundation to build custom coverage.

Buffing Brush - Ideal for full coverage application of powder and mineral foundation.

Contour Brush - Delicately applies highlighter to contour or create sheer, soft-focus finish.

2-in-1 Panoramic Case - Dual carrier and stand keeps brushes on your counter or on the go.

Brush Care Tips

We always love sharing our tips on proper brush care, since clean brushes create the best makeup results. We suggest using a brush cleanser to wash them every week if used daily. Here are some step-by-step instructions: Wet the brush with warm water, being careful not to fully immerse the base of the bristles. Place a pea-sized drop of brush cleanser (or any mild cleanser like baby shampoo) in the palm of your hand. Swirl the bristles in the cleanser in a circular motion until the brush is fully lathered. Rinse the bristles, squeezing from the base to the tips to remove excess water. Repeat until the water runs clear and all makeup is removed from the brush. Reshape the bristles to their original form and lay the brush down on a flat surface to dry. You can also gently brush bristles on paper towel to remove buildup.

(Tip: Wash brushes at night so they are dry and ready for use in the morning.)

Makeup Artist Sam Chapman
About Sam

Samantha Chapman lives outside London, England and is a mother of two. She is in high demand as a makeup artist and is a top-rated YouTube beauty guru with 170 million hits and counting. The press acknowledges her as an expert in her field; she is frequently quoted and regularly appears in national and regional press. Sam's makeup artistry has appeared in publications including Harper's, Tatler, Brides, Elle, and Cosmo. In the last 15 years, she has worked with top photographers including Nick Knight and Lord Snowdon. Sam also works with celebrities including Sir Paul McCartney, Peaches Geldof, Ashley Tisdale, Charlotte Church, and more. Sam is in constant demand by private clients and students seeking training in her Pixiwoo beauty bootcamps.

• Are these brushes good? I am beginning to learn about mak...2 Answers
  • I have been wanting to buy new makeup brushes or these st...2 Answers
  • What is the life span of these brushes in your personal e...3 Answers
real Techniques Core Collection Set
  • "I love this set. I purchased mine at Ulta and it was so inexpensive for all the brushes you get ! I actually use the contour brush to apply my liquid foundation and it works great for getting in hard to reach places like around my nose and mouth. It blends seamlessly. " in 71 reviews
  • "I have tried high end brushes and drug store. this is definitely comparable to high end. the face brushes are what i use the most. the bigger brushes in the set i use i don't really use any eye brushes. the round brush i use for setting under my eyes and the other big brush for foundation or when i wash i use it for blush. i haven't noticed any shedding and i have had it for almost a year. " in 17 reviews
Kristen F.
Los Angeles
I own a lot of brushes, but I tend to reach for my Real Techniques brushes the most - and I own most of them! I use every brush in this set except the flat foundation brush, which I gave away (too small).

They are all made with synthetic bristles which work really well with cream products. They will work with powder products too but truly shine with cream or liquids.

All of the brushes have densely packed bristles that are very soft, even on sensitive areas like around my eyes.

I have multiple sets of the base brushes as well as the setting brushes. They're just really, really nice for the price. Clean up well, never shed, even after years. I think I've had some of my brushes for 5+ years. Only complaint is that as the brushes get older, the black, rubbery bases start to kind of flake or get a bit tacky? Not sure why but it doesn't affect the performance, so I just keep on using them!

I've bought sets for friends and replaced all of my mom's old brushes with them. Everyone loves them.
Heather H.
Edmond
If you’ve ever wanted to know what it’s like to rub your face with a rabbit’s butt, here’s your chance! I bought this 4 piece set at Ulta, and it did not disappoint. Every brush is beyond soft! The bristles are strong enough to uphold to most abuse, but gentle enough to be used on any face. They are extremely easy to clean, and only take about a day to fully dry. They make putting on your face a snap. They are perfectly designed to apply foundation, powders, eyeshadow, blush, and so forth! I’m dying to buy a bigger set, so that my face will be complete!
Jenny M.
I like this brush set and it’s very good for beginners! I use the small setting brush for blush and contour, the flat top brush is great for applying face masks (or primer on clients if you’re a makeup artist) and the foundation brush is pretty good. I don’t use that one as much because it’s not as dense as I’d like it to be, but it does get the job done. This set is so worth it for the price girl! Real techniques is killing it
Abby H.
Hopatcong
These compare to my higher end brushes. I love them so much! This is a brand that knows how to make great brushes on a budget. They have a wonderful selection and the quality is always fantastic. I recommend these to anyone who uses makeup brushes, for any occasion. Love these brushes! 10/10
Maggie H.
Cayce, SC
You cannot beat the price for these brushes! When I first purchased them as Ulta I honestly bought them just for the price! I was so pleasantly surprised when I starting using them at how soft they were and how great they worked! I use these for contouring and blending my concealer as well!
Moka S.
Santa Fe
I bought this Real Techniques kit around Christmas time and I absolutely fell in love with it. The buffing brush blends out my contour or bronzer like butter giving my face an airbrushed effect. I absolutely love the dome shaped brush for applying highlighter it can give you a nice sheen or an intense glow. The small detailer brush is my hero for applying inner corner highlighter instead of trying to squeeze my pinky in there, the concealer brush could have been better but you can repurpose it for applying face masks. I definitely recommend this kit if you're looking to add some really great brushed to your collection whether you're a beginner or a pro. Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Core Collection
Jennifer F.
Rochester, NY
These are my very favorite brushes ever! The set is so versatile and was very affordable. Mine came in a carrying case that allows each brush to slide in and stay in place so you don’t lose them. The bristles are soft and easy to clean between uses also. They hold just enough makeup and distribute it easy and flawlessly. Real Techniques Expert Face BrushI liked them so much that I went and bought others from his same
brand!
Megan M.
Redmond, WA
This set is terrific. I regularly use the buffing brush and the contour brush and they have held up well through many washings. I also use the flat brush to paint on primer. That one is decent though I do have a different brush I like better. You also get a detail brush which I think I’ve repurposed as an eye brush. Great value for money.
Ashley S.
Hebron, KY
This brush set is amazing and very durable I’ve had my brushes for as long as I’ve started makeup and they are amazing I’ve washed them many times and they still continue to hold up their shape. I have not yet seen one of the brush hairs fall out that’s how amazing these brushes are! They aren’t very expensive either. They are the perfect brushes for beginners in makeup as well as professionals. They also have a blending sponge ( Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge ) which is amazing as well works exactly the same as the original beauty blender ( the original beautyblender® beauty queen pink original ) I love real techniques and would definitely recommend their brand.
Josie K.
Real Techniques brushes, in my opinion, are some of the best for your money brushes there are.  I've tried brands from sigma, Anastasia, It cosmetics, morphe, etc. and these are truly my favorite.  Plus, the pricepoint is absolutely perfect for the quality.  The eye brushes are some of my favorites, and I truly wish they would expand their range because they're perfect.  They blend even the chalkiest eyeshadows like a dream and they are soft yet firm.  The face brushes are perfectly made with unique shapes that apply foundation, concealer, and bronzer like none other. If you're in Ulta or Target anytime soon and you think to try these out, do it!
Bernice S.
university wa
Is the buffing brush great to apply for foundation ??
Samantha C.
belfast
I know that for drug store brushes a lot of people’s go-to is real Techniques Core Collection Set etc but what are some alternatives people love that don’t break the bank.
Tequila C.
I want to try Real Techniques so bad are they affordable and do the brushes shed?
karlaaaaaaa Y.
Sullivan
real Techniques Core Collection Set Do these real technique brushes work ?
Brianne L.
Anaheim, CA
What is the life span of these brushes in your personal experience?

back