BY REAL TECHNIQUES #33 in Eye Makeup Brushes

layer + blend powder eye shadows

Known for its fine filaments, luxurious softness, and flawless powder application, blue squirrel hair is the one of the rarest and softest bristles used in prestige makeup brushes.

Our FauxBleu™ Technology uses synthetic bristles engineered to perform as well as blue squirrel hair.

• combination of soft, long tapered + unique wavy bristles
  • optimized for layering powders without disrupting makeup already applied

The tapered, precision head of the Soft Shadow Brush is designed to gently layer and blend powder shadows for a naturally diffused look.

Alternative Use: Sweep powder highlighter on to the brow bone, tip of the nose, or chin.

• I haven't seen this black brush from this brand before where can ...1 Answers
  • Has anyone tried this brush?2 Answers
Cheyanne D.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Yes! You need this brush. I thought it was way too big to use for eyeshadow though even though I have bigger eyes. I think it's perfect for highlighter! It's super soft and the bristles are very dense. Totally worth the purchase!
Rebecca C.
North Ayrshire, Irvine
Beauty Junkie Expert
I received this product complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.
The packaging of the brushes is great, they each come in their own cylinder tube which is easy to get them out of. In the box, there was a card detailing what each brush was for and the effect it would give. I found this so helpful as it differentiated which step of your makeup routine would work best with each brush.
I use Real Techniques brushes to apply my make-up on a daily basis so I was very excited to test out the new collection. In the box, there are 4 stunning brushes; a large powder brush, finishing brush, complexion brush and a shadow brush. The brushes each have a long tapered end and the handle is a lovely blue/black colour. The bristles themselves also have a blue tint and are so incredibly soft to the touch. They would definitely look incredible on your dressing table!
I gave them a try by applying my usual make-up. The brushes are said to be best for exclusively applying powder products and the aim is to be able to layer the products evenly using the brushes for a flawless finish. I only use liquid foundation but it applied evenly and blended so nicely! I used the B03 Soft Complexion Brush for my foundation and concealer. I then used the B01 Soft Powder Brush to apply blusher and the B02 Soft Finishing Brush for my highlighter. The brushes are so soft and easy to work with due to having the longer tapered handle. They really help to layer the different products evenly without disturbing the makeup underneath. I finished off with the B04 Soft Shadow Brush for my eye shadow and wow! It blended like a dream!
I am so impressed with this collection. The brushes feel more luxurious and high-end than the Real Techniques brushes I have already. I would be willing to buy the other brushes from the collection and will be picking up some powder foundation to give the brushes a try properly!
Thank you Influenster <3 Real Techniques B01 Soft Powder BrushReal Techniques B03 Soft Complexion BrushReal Techniques B04 Soft Shadow BrushReal Techniques B02 Soft Finishing Brush
Halina B.
Beauty Junkie Expert
B01 - I am honestly amazed at how soft this brush is. It is by far the softest brush I own thanks to the Influenster team, who sent me this brush along with three others in the collections in a Vox Box. I mainly use it for face powder to put all over my face. It picks up the powder really well and it applies it smoothly and evenly. I absolutely love it.
B02 - Again, extremely soft and definitely picks up powders well, whether it be highlighter or blush. The shape is perfect for sweeping powder on the cheeks and the side of the face. Applies very smooth.
B03 - The best buffing brush ever! Literally, it is the most dense yet equally soft brush I've ever used. It feels super soft on my skin and i use to blend out and buff in my concealer, contour and even liquid blush. Its good at blending in foundation however, its rather small for that job and would require a bit of am arm workout.
B04 - definitely the biggest eye brush that I now own. Its really useful for applying base colours to the eyelid and for blending out outer-crease colours. I could not recommend using it to do any detailed eye looks because it a rather large eye-brush. It is still amazingly soft and picks up the eyeshadows well.

Overall, they are amazing, high-quality brushes, best synthetic brushes I've ever used. Definitely worth the buy!

Real Techniques B02 Soft Finishing BrushReal Techniques B03 Soft Complexion BrushReal Techniques B04 Soft Shadow Brush Real Techniques B01 Soft Powder Brush
Jess D.
LEICESTER, Leicestershire
Beauty Junkie Expert
Recieved my first ever VoxBox! I am truly in love these unreal! I never thought real techniques brushes could get any better than they're other range of brushes but these just topped them by miles!!
At first feel they feel way too soft to ever blend it pick up product but not was I wrong!
B01 - Soft powder brush
This brush is exactly what it says..SOFT!! I assumed it would be way too soft to pick up my loose powder but it picked it up amazing and applied so nicely to my face I am so impressed!
B02- Soft finishing brush
This brush is amazing, it's the perfect size to apply a nice blush to the cheeks, also an great size to bake with, not too dense so is great at blending!
B03- Soft complexion brush
I used this brush to apply my powder foundation which worked amazingly!! It picked up the product and made my skin look flawless, the product stays on the end of the brush and doesn't stick to the bristles after applying which it great news. I also tried this brush to apply liquid foundation, surprisingly this worked quite nicely, it blended it out nicely when I sprayed the brush with a primer spray to help blend the foundation out. The bristles are short which makes the dense and perfect to blend with, one of my favourites!!
Last but not least,
B04- Soft shadow brush
This brush is just gorgeous, perfect for blending eyeshadow! It didn't leave any harsh lines and was great at applying colour in my crease as it's a great size and fits perfectly, picks up product lovely and is super soft!!
These brushes are great! The packaging they came in was good too, they can in nice individual tubes which protects them really well and matches the theme colour of the brushes. I highly recommend these and think they're definetley worth the money! Thank you influenster for sending my these brushes to try and review them for you. Simply amazing!! #review #testing #realtechniques  #powderbleu
Georgina B.
Pudsey , Leeds
Beauty Junkie Expert
Thank you Real Techniques & Influenster for these complimentary brushes. So I think I found a match made in heaven between the B04 and the Lime Crime Venus palettes! This brush is just brilliant for blending out base shades around the eye socket and brow bone, smoking out and layering. I am so happy with the B04 it has made dark shadows easier to work with and not contributed to fall out or creasing. It does take a minute to work out the pressures to use as the brush is so soft you can barely feel it at first! Highly recommended, great for if you’re just starting out with blending and want an easy to use companion!
Kerstin💚sparkles B.
Woodside Road, Accrington
Beauty Junkie Expert
I don’t really wear eyeshadow so I used this brush to apply highlighter. The brush is so soft and applies product really well. The packaging left the brush handle covered in glue, the other brushes didn’t have this issue. The only other downside is the price is a little high for a small brush. I can’t fault the brush itself though. I received this brush complimentary from Influenster to provide an honest review.
Shinead O.
Tatworth, Somerset
Beauty Junkie Expert
The best blending eyeshadow brush in the world. Hands down my new favourite. I reviewed this also on Real Techniques website, saying it’s my new favourite! The quality is out of this world, it blends to perfection and it’s got a good price on it, it won’t cost you a small fortune for perfection every time you blend your shadows!! Real Techniques B04 Soft Shadow Brush
Josie M.
Warrington, Cheshire
Beauty Junkie Expert
I'm just going to start off saying wow. Like, oh my gosh, these brushes (all the powder bleu brushes I was sent to try out) are fantastic! They are so soft and light on your skin it's like a kitten is doing your makeup, the quality is quite honestly breathtaking. My only nitpick for this particular brush is that for an eyeshadow brush I found it to be quite big- it was a smidgen difficult to get the precision I normally have but having said that, it did blend the shades very well. I would highly recommend this whole line.
Lauren H.
Ivybridge, Ivybridge
Beauty Junkie Expert
So I received this beautiful brush in my recent VoxBox and I can hands down say I am really impressed by the quality and design of the brushes - not that I would ever question a Real Techniques brush as they're my favourite make up brush brand. This shadow brush is like no other I have ever bought, it's super soft and blend your eyeshadow so easy, for once it doesn't feel like my eyelid is being rubbed away from blending haha! I would 100% recommend this specific brand and collection to anyone, it is well worth the money.

Thank you so much yo Influenster for giving these complimentary brushes to review.
Lili B.
Kilgetty, Pembrokeshire
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have received this brush along with 3 other brushes and I am delighted! Over all real techniques have the best drugstore beauty tools and I use products from this brand on a daily basis, I do however love these brushes and feel that these are not drugstore quality brushes! They feel luxury and very high end, delicately made with tapered ends.
Real Techniques B04 Soft Shadow BrushReal Techniques B01 Soft Powder BrushReal Techniques B02 Soft Finishing BrushReal Techniques B03 Soft Complexion Brush
Megan M.
Has anyone tried this brush?
Lindsay D.
Fall river, MA
I haven't seen this black brush from this brand before where can I find it at??