BY R+CO

Not your granny's dry shampoo. Death Valley is the quickest way to get volume and body into your hair. Good for: Easy, big, messy Bardot (or Bon Jovi) hair. How to: Give your hair a shot of Death Valley whenever you want and it will liven right up. Fragrance: Rosy Eyed Benefit Ingredients Rice Protein, sourced from Brazil, this protein moisturizes and improves hair's elasticity.Vitamin E, rich in antioxidants, this ingredient strengthens and nourishes the hair, restoring luster and shine.Silica, this ingredient removes and absorbs excess oil.Pro-Vitamin B5, this conditioning agent thickens and builds volume.2.25 oz. see more...

• What's your opinion on this dry shampoo? I'm not big on ...7 Answers
  • Anyone think the scent is too strong?3 Answers
  • Is this product available at Sephora?3 Answers
Mercedes T.
Los Angeles, CA
I received this dry shampoo through boxycharm subscription. I am the kind of person that needs to wash my hair every day because I am trying to be healthier and I do go to the gym most nights so I do need to wash my hair before bed due to the sweat. So how I use the shampoo is every morning before styling it helps get rid of any overnight oils just for a cleanliness that i like. The only times i will not wash my hair is if i didn't do anything that made it too dirty and then i definitely use it just to give it that extra sharpness. It smells like a summer breeze.
Kathryn P.
San Diego, CA
This is my favorite dry shampoo for styling, separating curl, and creating texture and volume. The smell is SO good, like a beach coconut-y powder. I feel like this product does double duty in the sense that it can absorb oil and refresh your locks but it can also give clean hair a nice grip/texture to aid in styling. For around 30$ this product is on the the higher end as far as price goes just its totally worth it.
Alyssa B.
I tried a sample of this Death Valley Dry Shampoo.

While it does work, I don't think it is as effective as other dry shampoos I have used. I find that for my hair you need to use a very good amount for it to work how I'd like. I do have hair on the thicker side, so I am not sure if this was maybe not just the best choice for my hair type. I also can say that I wasn't a huge fan of the smell. Overall, this dry shampoo is just okay to me. I didn't love the way it made my hair feel after using either. I'm glad I go to try the sample, but I wouldn't purchase this on my own personally.
Nava S.
Granger, IN
This is such good dry shampoo! Usually I use Dove Volume And Fullness Dry Shampoo or Not Your Mother's® Clean Freak™ Refreshing Dry Shampoo but this is one of my new favorites! It gets rid of any excess oil and makes my hair looks amazing. I like that the smell isn’t overpowering or anything! Such an awesome find.
Macee K.
Minneola, KS
I initially hated this but after using it a bit longer I don’t mind it. It smells really good and doesn’t leave any white cast whatsoever. It doesn’t get as much of the oil out of my hair as I would like so I normally combine it with the not your mothered dry shampoo. It’s decent but I definitely wouldn’t want to pay full price for it. It’s too expensive for what it does. I wasn’t that impressed with anything other than the smell. It does smell really good.
Megan L.
byron, mn
I received this product in my first Birchbox. I used it on two-day dirty hair and while it smells AMAZING (3 stars amazing!) it doesn’t even compare to my Aussie Dry Shampoo which was purchased for $2. I will use this product on one-day dirty hair as it does help minimally with oil and also on clean hair as a scent infuse. Overall this product was still a win for me.
Kelli S.
Kalama, WA
Hands down one of the best dry shampoos that I’ve tried! Though this is a little pricey, even for the travel sized version, you get a good deal of product and I love the smell of this compared to other dry shampoos and it leaves me hair feeling less powdery than other brands, including other high end dry shampoos. In the end this is definitely worth the price to me for the quality!
Lori P.
Saint Louis, MO
I got this in one of my monthly beauty subscription boxes.

Pros: this smells very good, the spray is great, and it does give my hair volume. It also doesn’t leave a white cast

Cons: this makes my hair super greasy, which is the opposite of what I want. It also doesn’t leave a texture, which I prefer so that I can manipulate and style my hair.

I would absolutely not purchase. I’m so upset that this is the only dry shampoo I brought on a trip- I’m actually going to the store tonight to buy my usual kind. It just didn’t work for me.

Hair type: fine, wavy Hair color: brown Hair length: very long
April B.
United States
This stuff is great. My hair gets really greasy after a couple of days so if I'm going to go even just one day without washing my hair I need a really good dry shampoo. I really like this one because it has no white cast. I can spray this all over my scalp and it leaves my hair feeling nice. It does not feel as if I have put product in my hair. There is no gritty texture or powdery feeling. It just feels like my natural hair. It also leaves my hair looking fresh and not at all oily. Great product. I would say that it's one of my favorite.
Ann K.
Los Angeles, CA
I so wanted to love this, but it felt like an average product for me and not worth the price. The smell is a little coconut-y and while it doesn’t leave much if any residue, I also feel like it doesn’t clean or have much of an effect on my hair at all. You might just have to use a lot more product, but when I apply, it definitely doesn’t feel like my hair has changed much. I’ve used other dry shampoos that give me a noticeable difference and have long-lasting effects (looking at you Living Proof!!). Unfortunately, this just doesn’t do it for me and I won’t be buying it again.
Amanda B.
Brunswick, GA
I want to use dry shampoo every other day, instead of washing daily. Is this dry shampoo good for thin hair?
Cristina T.
Does it leave a residue?
Nora L.
CHEYENNE, WY
What's your opinion on this dry shampoo? I'm not big on using them but I received a free sample of this product and I'm curious about how well it works
Yuliya Z.
Manchester, CT
Does this leave a white residue??
Danielle S.
Proctorville , OH
Has anyone tried this brand? Does it leave a residue?

Amazon