BY R+CO #92 in Dry Shampoo

Dry shampoo isn't just a good idea, it's a way of life. Elevate your bedhead look with this paste, formulated with Hawaiian volcanic ash (yes, you read that right) to keep your scalp clean and balanced. Also included: zeolite powder from Japan to absorb excess oil, while coconut, sunflower seed, and argan oils help keep your hair full and defined. Thanks to this product, second day hair just got a serious upgrade.

• Does this really work as well as an araesol spray dry shampoo?2 Answers
  • How does this compare to their spray dry shampoo (death valley)?1 Answers
  • I wash my hair 2-3 times a week, and always looking for a good dry ...1 Answers
Sarah S.
Sarah S.
Gainesville , FL
I'm actually obsessed with this product.. I keep it in my purse pretty much at all times.. It's such perfection! I have always had a love hate relationship with spray dry shampoos.. I've never felt the application/product placement was the best it could be but this paste solves that problem! You get to pick and place the perfect amount of product using your finger tips! It completely wicks away any grease while providing a great amount of texture/volume at the roots! The product starts as a paste and turns almost to like an oil from the body heat of rubbing your fingers together.. Purchased this from birchbox and will never be without it!
Haley H.
Haley H.
Purvis, MS
This dry shampoo definitely does a good job of absorbing oil in the hair, but almost to a fault. In fact, it absorbs so well that it leaves my hair feeling disgustingly dry and crunchy, and impossible to work with. Not to mention, the paste itself is difficult to use and has a weird gritty texture, definitely not something I want to put in my hair. The only pros I can see with this product is that it doesn't leave a chalky residue like many dry shampoos, and it smells great. If you're looking for something to add texture to your hair, this may be a good fit for you but for dry shampoo, I'd suggest sticking to something more traditional.
Alexa K.
Alexa K.
Valencia, CA
My hair is 99% dry shampoo majority of the time and this product happens to be one that I love. I use a lot of aerosol dry shampoo but this product is different in the fact that it not only absorbs oil but gives you a sexy, tousled, textured look. As others have mentioned you rub it between your fingers first to melt the product and then work in in from the roots. You know that cute messy bun look that is actually super hard to achieve...this product makes my after gym buns look perfect! Smells great and all of the R+ Co packaging is to die for. Definitely worth the money if you can get your hands on it.
Anna K.
Anna K.
Brooklyn, NY
It's a paste that you rub in between your palms and it turns into something clear you can run through your roots. It smells amazing and does an excellent job of making your hair look fresh and first day clean without any white residue like other dry shampoos. It's just not for me since it made my hair feel like there was a lot of hairspray or product in there, which I personally cannot stand. I also found the tub container to be annoying as it got underneath my fingernails and made my fingers feel really tacky. If it weren't for the stickiness however, I would absolutely buy this product!
Amara M.
Amara M.
Philadelphia, PA
This is the bomb! Seriously. If you don't mind a little grit in your hair and some pull. It gives me insane volume and absorbs all the oil. I never thought I'd be one of those people who would go for this product because I honestly hate grit but this really gives such crazy volume which is my biggest issue. A little bit goes a long way and the volume lasts all day. This bottle will probably last me all year honestly that's how little of the product you need. You have to go into a blue Mercury and get a sample. You won't ever look back.
I've tried so many things and nothing makes my hair feel cleaner. Every time I use it, whether it's a spray, loose powder, or this paste I feel like I immediately want to go take a shower. I think this stuff was the best out of everything I tried because you don't have to worry about white residue (I have dark brown hair) and it's matte when it dries... but I would not want to leave the house. My hair still feels dirty. HELP! I want to be lazy and not have to wash my hair every day!
Kathleen D.
Kathleen D.
Sugar Land, TX
Review for: R+Co BADLANDS Dry Shampoo Paste
This dry shampoo is a cream that you rub between your fingers/hands and it becomes almost like sand that you then rub into your hair. I received so much volume from this which was a big plus. It also smells so good. BUT my hair is oily looking afterwards. My hair feels fine but looks oily/shiny. Not so great for oil control but awesome if you need a little extra oomph and volume for your hair.
Alyssa Q.
Alyssa Q.
I was on the hunt for a dry shampoo until I found this product. I LOVE it and is everything that I needed in a dry shampoo/texturizer. I do not like putting a lot of product in my long, thick, oily, dark brunette hair but this is great because you can control how much and where to put using your fingertips. No residue, lifts, and look clean. You can feel it in your hair but it looks great.
Jei R.
Jei R.
This is without a doubt my favorite hair care product to date. Not only is this a dry shampoo, but also a texturing product, and it adds volume to your hair. Easy to take with you on the go, it lasts a long time, and is worth every penny. This is the type of hair product you want to be using between showers, even after showers to add some volume and texture. Fantastic! 10,000 Stars!
Ashley N.
Ashley N.
Buffalo , NY
I was very surprised how much I ended up liking this product. At first glance it looks a little oily, but it's just the opposite. I use a tiny bit on my roots after drying my hair and it helps keep my hair no greasy for a extra day. If you are skeptical about spending $$ on a large size, they do make a nice travel size that will last you a good 2 months.
Katie R.
Katie R.
Orangevale, CA
Does anyone use this on wet hair?
Kendra K.
Kendra K.
Does this leave any kind of residue on your hair like other dry shampoos do?
Allyson R.
Allyson R.
Does this make your hair look greasy since it's a paste?
Karmun T.
Karmun T.
Long Is City, NY
Is this more of a dry shampoo or a texture/volumizer?
Ana J.
Ana J.
Glen ellyn , IL
How do you apply in the hair? Does it work better than the aerosol version?