Rca Original Soundtrack ~ Dirty Dancing: Ultimate Dirty Dancing [Remastered] (used)

BY RCA

ULTIMATE DIRTY DANCING contains every song from the DIRTY DANCING movie, sequenced in the order that they appeared in the film. This is a Hyper CD, which contains regular audio tracks and also provides a link to the artist's website with the help of a web browser. Audio Remixers: George Sipl; Dan Nebenzal; Jim DeMain; Jimmy Ienner; Michael Lloyd; Carmine Rubino. Liner Note Author: Andy Dursin. Recording information: Beachwood Recording Studios, Beachwood, OH; Michael Lloyd Studios, Los Angeles, CA & Beverly Hills,; Studio In The Country, Bogolusa, LA; Town House III Studio, London, England; Wellsley Sound Studios, Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Arrangers: Gene Page; John d'Andrea. The Patrick Swayze film DIRTY DANCING and its accompanying soundtrack have become a pop-culture phenomenon over time. Not only was there as second album of DIRTY DANCING songs, but years after the movie's initial release, we have a compendium of songs from both albums, with the track list arranged to follow the same order as the movie. Regardless of what you may feel about Swayze's own addition to the pop pantheon, "She's Like the Wind," ULTIMATE DIRTY DANCING is full of 1960s R & B classics. Bruce Chanel's wistful, harmonica-laced "Hey Baby;" Otis Redding's pleading ballad "These Arms of Mine;" and Solomon Burke's transcendent, consoling "Cry to Me" rub shoulders with early-'60s hits by Frankie Valli and the Ronettes. The collection appropriately closes with DIRTY DANCING's ostensible theme song (and a favorite of lounge singers everywhere), the Bill Medley/Jennifer Warnes romantic duet "(I've Had) The Time of My Life. see more...

• "I never get tired of watching this great movie." in 1 review
  • "Very nostalgic, a great one to break out for a silly date night." in 1 review
  • "I never get sick of watching and hearing it" in 1 review
Tristan D.
London, KY
Wonderful album! Great songs! Such a classic! Perfect for anyone who loves dirty dancing!
Amanda G.
Mt Pleasant, PA
I secretly love this soundtrack!!! Lol! It is the perfect date night playlist!
Shawna I.
Sterling Heights, MI
One of the best soundtracks of all time. It combines mosaic from the era it's set in as well as some from the eighties, when it was made. I have it on vinyl record and listen to it at least once a week!
Madelaine S.
Soundtrack was a staple in growing up swazy. love the movie and the music was just as great. i can play this over and over and get all nostalgic
Eden B.
Hendersonvlle, TN
This will always be my favorite album! I love every song on it!!! It's so fun and is one of my favorites for a roadtrip!
Nyssa R.
I love this movie!!! It has great music and the cast is awesome!! Nothing like a romantic movie to get your heart pumping. One of the plots is a dancer has an abortion a big taboo subject still this day the fact that they brought it unto every home and teen girls watching this got some views on it. Love really does conquer all.
Miranda D.
Dover, PA
It's a classical movie that everyone is sure to love and get involved with and the music that goes with it just makes its all so much better which is why this sound track is so great!
Charlene G.
Mapleton Dep, PA
I listen to this CD in my car, in my house when I clean, etc. I love every song on the CD as I love the movie. I have already recommended it to several of my friends and will continue to recommend it to others. This CD comes highly recommended by all.
Venus F.
Newmarket, NH
This is a must have soundtrack to own. The best songs and they never get old. Really puts you in the mood to watch the movie and dance. All of the songs are moving and catchy. Not one is a favorite, the entire album is the best to listen to and worth owning.
Anika B.
The movie is my all time favorite movie of life! The music is amazing and I don't think there are any bad songs from it! Highly recommend
Janell A.
Colstrip, MT
Does this have the original version of Patrick's swazeys song?
Nicole A.
Las Vegas, NV
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
Who else loved this movie?