Rca Original Soundtrack ~ Dirty Dancing: Ultimate Dirty Dancing [Remastered] (used)

BY RCA

ULTIMATE DIRTY DANCING contains every song from the DIRTY DANCING movie, sequenced in the order that they appeared in the film. This is a Hyper CD, which contains regular audio tracks and also provides a link to the artist's website with the help of a web browser. Audio Remixers: George Sipl; Dan Nebenzal; Jim DeMain; Jimmy Ienner; Michael Lloyd; Carmine Rubino. Liner Note Author: Andy Dursin. Recording information: Beachwood Recording Studios, Beachwood, OH; Michael Lloyd Studios, Los Angeles, CA & Beverly Hills,; Studio In The Country, Bogolusa, LA; Town House III Studio, London, England; Wellsley Sound Studios, Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Arrangers: Gene Page; John d'Andrea. The Patrick Swayze film DIRTY DANCING and its accompanying soundtrack have become a pop-culture phenomenon over time. Not only was there as second album of DIRTY DANCING songs, but years after the movie's initial release, we have a compendium of songs from both albums, with the track list arranged to follow the same order as the movie. Regardless of what you may feel about Swayze's own addition to the pop pantheon, "She's Like the Wind," ULTIMATE DIRTY DANCING is full of 1960s R & B classics. Bruce Chanel's wistful, harmonica-laced "Hey Baby;" Otis Redding's pleading ballad "These Arms of Mine;" and Solomon Burke's transcendent, consoling "Cry to Me" rub shoulders with early-'60s hits by Frankie Valli and the Ronettes. The collection appropriately closes with DIRTY DANCING's ostensible theme song (and a favorite of lounge singers everywhere), the Bill Medley/Jennifer Warnes romantic duet "(I've Had) The Time of My Life. see more...

• "Very nostalgic, a great one to break out for a silly date night." in 1 review
  • "I never get tired of watching this great movie." in 1 review
  • "I never get sick of watching and hearing it" in 1 review
Doda M.
Jonesboro , GA
I like the movie a lot so of course I have to cd too it’s great good old time movie and the cd has good music too I recommend it best song in it is I had the time of my life must listen to it
Sharon K.
Lake Wales, FL
The original soundtrack to "Dirty Dancing" the movie stirs my insides with wanting to get up and dance. I was a teenager when this movie came out so it holds a lot of special memories for me. I could go on for hours about why I love the music but I will just say YOU GOTTA HEAR THIS CAUSE IT'S TOTALLY A.W.E.S.O.M.E.!!!!!
Lakesha E.
Douglasville, GA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
A friend bought this for me because she knows how much I love this movie. I love the soundtrack just as much. Otis Redding and some of the other singers from yesteryear truly know music that makes you happy.
Miranda D.
Dover, PA
It's a classical movie that everyone is sure to love and get involved with and the music that goes with it just makes its all so much better which is why this sound track is so great!
Shawna I.
Sterling Heights, MI
One of the best soundtracks of all time. It combines mosaic from the era it's set in as well as some from the eighties, when it was made. I have it on vinyl record and listen to it at least once a week!
Debbie L.
White City , OR
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
An American staple in your movie repertoire. I never get tired of watching this great movie. The soundtrack is just as amazing as the movie. A true classic to share with everyone.
randa b.
Kyle, TX
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Love the music of this movie. Great music then and today. Would recommend this cd to anyone that loves music from that time even if they haven't seen the movie. But seriously, who hasn't seen this movie?!
Alisa W.
Cibolo, TX
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
The music is just as iconic as the film, you can't hear it and not immediately think of the film, and it's just one of those great movies you never get sick of!
Holly W.
Dirty Dancing has the best soundtrack. All of the songs make me happy when I hear them plus you get to hear Patrick Swayze sing! He's got a wonderful voice~
Amanda L.
Altavista, VA
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
I loved the movie, and watch it all the time. I've always loved the soundtrack, and love that I can just play the music without having to watch the movies.
Janell A.
Colstrip, MT
Does this have the original version of Patrick's swazeys song?
Nicole A.
Las Vegas , NV
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
Who else loved this movie?