Rate My Professors
Rate My Professors
By Rate My Professors
#24 in Websites
Influenster M.
Have you ever had an experience where the site said one thing and the professor turned out to be another way?
Shannon M.
Shannon M.
3 years, 5 months ago
Yes, and i ended up writing that teacher a great review so others knew she must have changed her ways over the years
Cindy S.
Cindy S.
Palmdale, CA
3 years, 7 months ago
Yes! I read bad reviews on one professor, so I was hesitant to attend her class. I am so glad I didn't drop because she ended up being my favorite professor of my undergraduate courses.
Hana C.
Hana C.
3 years, 7 months ago
Lol it said one of my professors was supposed to be hot (the chili pepper was on fire!) but he turned out to be average looking. Haha, as for the reviews on the professor, for the most part they turned out to be true. It's hard to tell with some that get plenty of good and bad reviews though.
Michelle P.
Michelle P.
3 years, 11 months ago
At times yes because it depends on the person and how they felt towards the teacher at the time. the bad or good review could have depended on the grade they got also.
Brianna J.
Brianna J.
Canton, OH
3 years, 12 months ago
Not really - Maybe not as extreme as the website said but there were enough reviews on each professor that I was able to mash them together and get the happy medium of everyones opinions. The worst was just when the professor wasn't on there at all.
Kasmier N.
Kasmier N.
Auburn, WA
4 years, 2 months ago
I certainly have everyone has their own opinion I had one Professor that almost everyone on the site said was rude and hostile but I found him pleasant and direct.
Kaitlyn H.
Kaitlyn H.
Washington, VA
4 years, 4 months ago
Absolutely. I think sometimes people slack off and get mad when they fail so they leave a bad review. And the opposite- teacher's pets who have an unusually good experience with a bad professor. I try to read all the reviews to get the whole picture.
Chelsey P.
Chelsey P.
Janesville, MN
4 years, 5 months ago
Yes! You have to take the reviews with a grain of salt. Some students give poor reviews because they got a poor grade or didn't get a long with the the teacher. But that doesn't mean that everyone will get a poor grade or not get along with the professor. That being said sometimes there are Professors that have bad reviews for a reason. I guess read all of the reviews and take the general consensus.
Abbie H.
Abbie H.
Cincinnati, OH
4 years, 8 months ago
Yes i have! it was quite a disappointment but I feel like looks should always be the last reason to pick your professor! make sure you read all the reviews to help you get the very best opinion overall
Katelyn I.
Katelyn I.
4 years, 10 months ago
Yes I have. One of my professors put it perfectly: The only students who actually write reviews either loved the professor or hated them. That's why you'll either see professors with really high reviews or really low ones. It's a good place to start when looking at professors, but you can't bank everything on those reviews.