BY PIXAR & BRAD LEWIS #39 in Movies

From Academy Award®-winning director Brad Bird (The Incredibles) and the amazing storytellers at Pixar Animation Studios comes Ratatouille, the original comedy about one of the most unlikely friendships imaginable. The film's protagonist is a rat named Remy (Patton Oswalt) who dares to dream the impossible dream of becoming a gourmet chef in a five-star French restaurant. Undeterred by the obvious problem of trying to make it in the world's most rodent-phobic profession, not to mention his family's urgings to be satisfied with the usual trash-heap lifestyle, Remy's fantasies are filled with flambés and sautés. When circumstances literally drop Remy into the Parisian restaurant made famous by his culinary hero, Auguste Gusteau (Brad Garrett), Remy finds the one thing he needs, a friend to believe in him: the restaurant's shy, outcast garbage boy named Linguini (Lou Romano). Remy and Linguini form the most improbable partnership that will turn Paris upside down, leading them both on an incredible journey of comical twists, emotional turns and the most unlikely of triumphs, which they could never have imagined without each other. Ratatouille brings to life a wide-ranging roster of memorable characters with a voice cast that includes Patton Oswalt, Brian Dennehy, Brad Garrett, Janeane Garofalo, Ian Holm and Peter O'Toole.

Ratatouille
  • "I Used To Love Watching ratatouille Its A Great Movie I Love How All The Rats Cook And The Human Are Discuss By Them Rat And Anyone Can Cook Lol." in 14 reviews
  • "Cute movie with an awesome story about a mouse who helps a young chef make it big in the restaurant he works in." in 14 reviews
  • "its such a cute family movie!the storyline is great teaches kids to follow their dreams and if they love and are passionate about something let them be free and reach those goals and happiness" in 8 reviews
  • "One of my favorite animated movies and my husband loves it too!" in 3 reviews
Mariya M.
When people ask what my favorite animated movie is, I always tell them Ratatouille. I have the DVD on display in my college dorm room to prove it! It is adorable, hilarious, and fun from the beginning to the end. It takes place in France, so the music is incredible (and so are the accents of the characters). I promise it isn't just for kids! It will leave people of all ages inspired with smiles on their faces. If you haven't seen this movie yet, you need to check it out ASAP!
Socorro Q.
This is one of my all time favorite movies! Although the storyline is really gross if you think about it (haha). I love the way the movie transports you to Paris, every time I watch this movie it makes me want to plan a trip there. This movie is great for adults and kids. My 4 year old and I both enjoy this movie. I would recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it and enjoys a bit of whimsy.
Megan Y.
Pop Culture Expert
Disney never stops amazing me, this movie came out quit a while ago but is always a favorite in my book. A rat that becomes a chief is a classic. It's not the size of the cook but the heart of the man cooking. While these movies are based for little kids it never stops to amaze me and make me laugh at the adult hidden content, these are great.
Emily S.
Austin, TX
Pop Culture Expert
I'm surprised that this movie is as underrated as it is. This movie is stunning and unique in its animation style. The writing is amazing - we follow the story of Remy, a rat who dreams of becoming a chef teaming up with garbage boy Linguini to reach for success. It has a lot of humor and heart and I enjoy watching it again and again.
Taylor J.
Veneta, OR
I loved this movie so much its a great family movie and my favorite character was Remy. My favorite scene was when the rat was teaching Lou how to cook by blind folding him. When he dropped the wine bottle I kinda jumped. This movie is a must was for families.
MaryCaroline G.
St Petersburg, FL
Pop Culture Expert
This movie was so stupid. I was expecting a cute movie with an excellent plot and humor. Overall, I found it ridiculous. It wasn't enjoyable, and it wasn't interesting. I was bored for the entirety of the film and would never consider purchasing or rewatching.
millee s.
LAWRENCEVILLE, Georgia
Pop Culture Expert
It was a funny movie about a rat getting lost fro his family and finding himself to a famous restaurant and his passion of cooking made a boy succesful until getting caught. i would still watch it if it ever came on disney or tv. really good movie but stupid
malia e.
Chandler, AZ
Easily one of my favorite disney movies. its such a cute simple yet complex story. i think anyone lf any age would enjoy watching this movie. it made me want to go to paris and cook. such a fun and uplifting disney pixar movie. easily 5 stars. i love it
Iranea F.
Edinburg, TX
This movie is super cute and funny! It never gets boring, I can watch it over and over! I love the little mouse and I cried in some scenes hahaha♡ such an adorable movie I will so keep watching! It also has great lessons.
Carrie P.
Metairie , LA
Pop Culture Expert
This is a cute family movie. We enjoyed the movie just like the kids did. I love when he learning to cook. The kids really enjoyed seeing the rat make his dreams come true. We watch every summer or whenever we want.
veronica m.
Do u like this movie
Nicole G.
Riverside, CA
Is there gunna be a part 2
Angel I.
Pop Culture Expert
What is your favorite part of this movie?
joni m.
Grand Bay, AL
Pop Culture Expert
What ages is this movie for?
Marisol M.
Fresno, CA
Was the chef in this movie real?