Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Always An Optimist Illuminating Primer

A weightless, silicone-free, gel primer enriched with ultra-fine pearls for a lit-from-within glow. Finish: Radiant Skin Type: Normal, Dry, Combination, and Oily Concerns: Dryness

I just purchased Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Always An Optimist Illuminating Primer ans I'm waiting for it to arrive but I would like to know if anyone felt like it dried their skin?
Is this worth it?
How is this primer? Does it contain silicone and does it cause breakout for combination skin?
Start your review of Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Always An Optimist Illuminating Primer!
How would you rate this product?
Yana S.
Dubai, Dubai
Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Always An Optimist Illuminating Primer uploaded by Yana S.
Purchased at: Sephora
I don’t know how I lived without Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Always An Optimist Illuminating Primer before! It looks quite shimmery in the bottle and in my hand, however it doesn’t look like that once you apply it all over your face. It gives you glow from the inside finish. My skin is quite oily, but it doesn’t make it look or feel greasy. It’s a gel consistency which doesn’t leave your skin tacky. My makeup is applying much smoother and better. It holds makeup during 10-12 hours working shift well. I always use this primer for foundation free days. Just covering my redness with some concealer and adding some liquid blush and your skin looks as good as new 😜 That’s one of my favorite #rarebeauty products. Recommend to purchase a smaller version first if you own a few primers in your collection already (as a little goes a long way).
Celeste G.
Tampa
Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Always An Optimist Illuminating Primer uploaded by Celeste G.
Purchased at: Sephora
I would not use this as a primer. It is way too sparkly and reflective. I use it under my foundation on my cheeks if I’m using a super matte foundation and want to add some glow under it to shine through. I also add it to my Milk Hydrogrip primer when I want a special glow along with the tacky consistency of the Hydrogrip. Works amazingly well!!!
Jackie B.
Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Always An Optimist Illuminating Primer uploaded by Jackie B.
Purchased at: Sephora
Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Always An Optimist Illuminating Primer is very smooth and creamy. Comes in sleek pump packaging and feels cool and refreshing on the skin. This primer is easily absorbed. It takes a very small amount of product. For me there is a bit too much glow. While it does blur my pores; its too pearlescent for my liking. I would recommend.
Gabby P.
Salt Lake Cty, UT
Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Always An Optimist Illuminating Primer uploaded by Gabby P.
Purchased at: Sephora
I use this as a primer, a setting spray, and a refreshing spray throughout the day. It gives the most beautiful dewy, glossy shine to my skin. A healthy look to it. I also feel like it holds my moisturizer in for the day to keep me hydrated. A bit of a lavender scent but not at all over powering and hasn’t irritated my skin which is super sensitive. [product:rare-beauty-by-selena-gomez-always-an-optimist-4-in-1-prime-&-set-mist-287-oz/-85-ml]
Janet M.
Corona, NY
Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Always An Optimist Illuminating Primer uploaded by Janet M.
Purchased at: Sephora
I wanted a setting spray and always excited to try Selena Gomez makeup line! I do think it is a bit pricey but it definitely helps my makeup stay on! And it smells pleasant!
Stephanie M.
Greer, SC
Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Always An Optimist Illuminating Primer uploaded by Stephanie M.
Purchased at: Sephora
I adore this primer. It gives a healthy glow to the skin without being too iridescent. I love how lightweight the formula is and it spreads out nicely so you don’t have to use a ton of product. I’m almost out of my mini and I’ve already bought a full size ❤️
Mon P.
Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Always An Optimist Illuminating Primer uploaded by Mon P.
The primer is pretty lightweight and a little bit goes a long way! It applies easily and blends nicely. It dries down pretty matte and my eyeshadow applied smoothly over it! I can’t say I noticed it increased the longevity of my eyeshadow more than other primers, however it did a good job at preventing creasing during the day. I love the unique packaging and that the doe-foot applicator makes for an easy application! Overall, it’s alright, but for $18.00 I feel like 3mL is pretty tiny. *PR via Octoly.
Laura G.
Fort Worth, TX
Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Always An Optimist Illuminating Primer uploaded by Laura G.
Purchased at: Sephora
This primer/setting spray is amazing! My skin is so dry and I always feel hydrated after using this! I use this between layers of face makeup to set everything properly. The smell is not amazing but it doesn’t bother me. I prefer my face not to smell like Candy anyway. I love how inexpensive this is compared to a lot of good name brand products. In love with this product!!
Milanny M.
Charlotte, NC
Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Always An Optimist Illuminating Primer uploaded by Milanny M.
Purchased at: Sephora
Loved everything From the packaging to the actual product! Very lightweight and great formula! Definitely recommend
Lauren G.
S Pasadena, CA
Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Always An Optimist Illuminating Primer uploaded by Lauren G.
Purchased at: Sephora
I love this primer! It made my skin look nice and smooth and applied nicely under my foundation. It is long lasting and found my makeup stayed all day. It did not leave my skin feeling oily, did not break me out, and left my skin feeling soft. I like that it comes in both the travel size and the full size. I would 100% recommend this primer! Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Always An Optimist Illuminating Primer
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Christy B.
sherman oaks
il y a 25 jours
Raegan M.
Strathmore
il y a 3 mois
Mirelle P. il y a 11 jours
It’s INSANE it makes your skin look so dewy in one step like the way it changes your skin and doesn’t look glittery is crazy! Its GORGEOUS and it smells and feels amazing
Ava Y.
Stockholm, Sweden
il y a 3 mois
Is the Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Always An Optimist Illuminating Primer a good primer if you have oily skin but still want a dewy and fresh look?
Tara P.