Random House Inheritance Cycle 4-Book Boxed Set (Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr, Inheritance)

BY RANDOM HOUSE

The complete Inheritance cycle, available for the first time in a paperback boxed set! Eragon, Eldest, and Brisingr each include a special full-color foldout poster! The Inheritance cycle is the unforgettable, worldwide bestselling saga of one boy, one dragon, and a world of adventure. When Eragon finds a polished blue stone in the forest, he thinks it is the lucky discovery of a poor farm boy. But when the stone brings a dragon hatchling, Eragon soon realizes he has stumbled upon a legacy nearly as old as the Empire itself. Overnight his simple life is shattered, and he and his dragon, Saphira, are thrust into a perilous new world of destiny, magic, and power. Can Eragon take up the mantle of the legendary Dragon Riders? The fate of the Empire may rest in his hands.. see more...

Buy on Target*
Mariana O.
Mariana O.
Alpharetta, GA
Well written. Awesome story. Amazing cycle!
I love the connection the magic and the story that comes together perfectly! The characters make sense.
It's an easy read. Nothing too dense but not super childish.
The ending is not my favorite, but that more of my romantic side being crushed. The way the romance and the love is carried is not that great. But nice for a kid of 14 who probably had not lived much story's about love and romance.
Love the brain training and magic happening throughout the book. The way the elfs are described and how you get to appreciate the diversity through a book.
SPOILERS:
It makes my head blow that the main characters exempt Roran, ever even kiss their loved ones.

Would recommend to any and ALL epic novel lovers
Go even for another languages, the translations are not that bad.

Also, the movie is horrible.
Avani P.
Avani P.
I started this series after becoming bored of waiting on the last harry potter book release. I wasn't expecting to find a series I enjoy almost as much as Harry Potter, but I did. My librarian in middle school recommended it after playing the movie for us and that was the time the second book wasn't even released yet. I would come ask her everyday, if she had the second one yet. Surprisingly she never turned me away in annoyance, she did find me another library that had the 2nd book once it did release. I honestly really enjoyed this series. I'm glad I read it.
Betsy F.
Betsy F.
Tampa, FL
This is such a fantastic and well written series I would probably simplify as Lord of the Rings mixed with Harry Potter. A great series for both young readers and adults, perfect for reading with (older) children. I actually read the series when I was 28 and pregnant - I was on bed rest and reading a lot and picked this when I wanted something "feel good" and light. It was so captivating I had my husband running to the store for the next one before I even finished!
Shannon B.
Shannon B.
Lexington, SC
For being such a young writer, Paolini created a very full series of books. So full that he even had to add a 4th book to his initial Trilogy. Some of the story seems a little hard to follow because he created his own words (but luckily, you have an in book dictionary to help you out). I honestly wish more people knew about Inheritance. Eragon is a great lead character and it is easy to get swept into the story. A must read!
Nelson P.
Nelson P.
Solo tengo el primer, me lo regalaron en mi cumpleaños y lo disfrute mucho. Cuando indague sobre el escritor prácticamente era un niño. Un maravilloso trabajo.
Brenda F.
Brenda F.
These four books are great to read.  They are easy to read.  I read all four of them with my teenage son, who loved them all.  We both love dragons and enjoyed reading these books together.  These books are wonderful fantasy novels that you can easily get caught up in.
Raven W.
Raven W.
Moreno Valley, CA
I was obsessed with these books for awhile. If you're into dragons and fantasy that has a bit of depth and a good storyline, I'd recommend this. It's a shame the movie didn't do it justice.
Safiyyah S.
Safiyyah S.
Poway, CA
Absolutely love the inheritence cycle and its portrayal of dragons as distinguished with their own truthful ancient language and everything
Mary F.
Mary F.
wonderful story line! stay away from the movie though, did NOT do this justice. its a little like star wars, meets the hobbit. very imaginative.
Lindsie W.
Lindsie W.
Latrobe, PA
Absolutely incredible series. I loved reading these in middle school and high school and could never seem to put them down. They're so magical, and are just as fun to read as Harry Potter! The characters are well developed and the plot line is interesting. I can promise that you will never be bored reading these!
Flavia M.
Flavia M.
I've always been curious about this series! I have seen the first movie, and own the first book but have never read it. Would you recommend these books more for middle grade or teen readers? Or are they good for adults too?
Victoria F.