BY RAGU #5 in Pasta Sauce

Ragu Old World Style-Traditional: Old World Style Smooth Pasta Sauce Since 1937 More than a full serving of veggies in a half cup see more...

• Do you think this has a better taste than Prego spaghetti sauce?4 Answers
  • How do you cook with Ragu sauce when making a meal with beef, pas...5 Answers
  • Is it a good quality?7 Answers
Noraida V.
Saint Cloud, FL
I am not a big fan of Ragu. I'm sorry but no. It is watery. It's price to value is good. Compared to alternatives I prefer Prego better because it tends to be much thicker and doesn't disappear in pasta. I don't recommend unless it is someone who prefers lighter sauce then yes Ragu is the way to go.
Kristi R.
Raytown, MO
Ragu is what I grew up on. It tastes good, but is definitely on the sweet end of pasta sauces. I like to mix in some spices and Parmesan cheese. It's good with pasta, meatballs, or dipping cheesy garlic bread in. A good value for the money that you would spend.
Sophear L.
Oakland, CA
My most favorite and affordable pasta sauce! I love this sauce to make lasagna! I love the taste of this pasta sauce! Is just a one quick easy mean to make when you come home on a long and tired working day! Recommend for everyone!
Natalie W.
GREENSBORO, MD
My go to spaghetti sauce! I grew up in a large Italian family, so we know our sauce. If I just don't have the time or energy to make the sauce myself, this jar does the trick!
Tammy M.
Follansbee
Ragu Traditional Sauce has a flavor all it's own. I like it in my crock pot to make mild Italian sausages or frozen Italian meatballs. It just brings that extra flavor that completes the meal. I just love the flavor and it is so worth the price. I would so recommend this product.
Tiffany W.
Bronx, NY
I've never been a fan of Ragu sauce. As a child, my mother used Prego or Francesco Rinaldi (sp). In comparison, Ragu seems bland and watered down. The sauce does not cling to the pasta, as it is so thin. It requires a lot of seasoning and work...I can just make my own sauce from scratch if I'm going to invest that much time. Like most working moms, I don't have time during the week to devote that much effort to pasta. I'd much rather a sauce that I does most of the work for me.
October M.
Mountain Home, AR
very cheap yes but very bland as well I found my self-adding tons of seasoning to this sauce due to its lack of flavor. I would not be buying this again. but I can say it does have a very nice thickness and color to it. makes for a pretty looking pasta.
Nicole C.
This is the only Jar Sauce that my kids like.  I have tried other brands but this is the one they love.  It is a rich thick recipe and mixes well in all pastas.  We even use it for pizza sauce and dips for cheese bread.  The price is very affordable.  I like to buy it in the big jars at costco.
Skylar S.
La Crosse, WI
Not my Favorite Marinara Sauce but it's ok, it seems a little bland to me. Instead I prefer Clasico it has a lot of herbs and spices. I dont mind paying a few extra dollars for Clasico too its just better. Again this is not a bad sauce its just not very flavorful and for me my pasta needs to have lots of flavor!
Sadie E.
This is one of my favorite brands of pasta sauce to use for several Italian dishes. I love the fresh taste of the tomatoes. It really fills you up and is perfect for a two person dinner. I like to cook spaghetti and add more spices to the sauce and make homemade meat balls. YUM!
Jenny M.
Northfield, NJ
Is it a good quality?
Karen T.
How do you cook with Ragu sauce when making a meal with beef, pasta and sauce? Do you pour the jar onto meat? Do you mix it all together, meat, sauce and pasta? Do you put the sauce in a sauce pan by itself and let everyone make their own spaghetti meal?
Melissa W.
Grafton, OH
Do you think this has a better taste than Prego spaghetti sauce?
Skylar S.
La Crosse, WI
Is it me or is this brand pretty bland? I prefer Clasico