BY RAGU #8 in Pasta Sauce

Ragu Old World Style-Traditional: Old World Style Smooth Pasta Sauce Since 1937 More than a full serving of veggies in a half cup see more...

• Do you think this has a better taste than Prego spaghetti sauce?4 Answers
  • How do you cook with Ragu sauce when making a meal with beef, pas...5 Answers
  • Is it a good quality?7 Answers
Jamie W.
I find this brand of tomato sauce gross, it's soo sweet and just gross. I don't like the taste of it. It's like they dump 5 cups of sugar in this jar. And not to mention, it's pretty watery in my opinion as well. It's a pretty strange tomato sauce to me. This was also my first Ragu purchase and I wish I can give it -1 stars.
Noraida V.
Saint Cloud, FL
I am not a big fan of Ragu. I'm sorry but no. It is watery. It's price to value is good. Compared to alternatives I prefer Prego better because it tends to be much thicker and doesn't disappear in pasta. I don't recommend unless it is someone who prefers lighter sauce then yes Ragu is the way to go.
Kristi R.
Raytown, MO
Ragu is what I grew up on. It tastes good, but is definitely on the sweet end of pasta sauces. I like to mix in some spices and Parmesan cheese. It's good with pasta, meatballs, or dipping cheesy garlic bread in. A good value for the money that you would spend.
Sophear L.
Oakland, CA
My most favorite and affordable pasta sauce! I love this sauce to make lasagna! I love the taste of this pasta sauce! Is just a one quick easy mean to make when you come home on a long and tired working day! Recommend for everyone!
Natalie W.
GREENSBORO, MD
My go to spaghetti sauce! I grew up in a large Italian family, so we know our sauce. If I just don't have the time or energy to make the sauce myself, this jar does the trick!
Tammy M.
Follansbee
Ragu Traditional Sauce has a flavor all it's own. I like it in my crock pot to make mild Italian sausages or frozen Italian meatballs. It just brings that extra flavor that completes the meal. I just love the flavor and it is so worth the price. I would so recommend this product.
Tiffany W.
Bronx, NY
I've never been a fan of Ragu sauce. As a child, my mother used Prego or Francesco Rinaldi (sp). In comparison, Ragu seems bland and watered down. The sauce does not cling to the pasta, as it is so thin. It requires a lot of seasoning and work...I can just make my own sauce from scratch if I'm going to invest that much time. Like most working moms, I don't have time during the week to devote that much effort to pasta. I'd much rather a sauce that I does most of the work for me.
October M.
Mountain Home, AR
very cheap yes but very bland as well I found my self-adding tons of seasoning to this sauce due to its lack of flavor. I would not be buying this again. but I can say it does have a very nice thickness and color to it. makes for a pretty looking pasta.
Nicole C.
This is the only Jar Sauce that my kids like.  I have tried other brands but this is the one they love.  It is a rich thick recipe and mixes well in all pastas.  We even use it for pizza sauce and dips for cheese bread.  The price is very affordable.  I like to buy it in the big jars at costco.
Skylar S.
La Crosse, WI
Not my Favorite Marinara Sauce but it's ok, it seems a little bland to me. Instead I prefer Clasico it has a lot of herbs and spices. I dont mind paying a few extra dollars for Clasico too its just better. Again this is not a bad sauce its just not very flavorful and for me my pasta needs to have lots of flavor!
Jenny M.
Northfield, NJ
Is it a good quality?
Karen T.
How do you cook with Ragu sauce when making a meal with beef, pasta and sauce? Do you pour the jar onto meat? Do you mix it all together, meat, sauce and pasta? Do you put the sauce in a sauce pan by itself and let everyone make their own spaghetti meal?
Melissa W.
Grafton, OH
Do you think this has a better taste than Prego spaghetti sauce?
Skylar S.
La Crosse, WI
Is it me or is this brand pretty bland? I prefer Clasico