BY RADIOSHACK‎ #20 in Electronics Stores

• What do you go for there.4 Answers
  • Have you ever experienced bad service? Every time I've gone they'...10 Answers
Vaughns C.
Camp Lejeune, NC
I love going to Radioshack vs bigger stores like Best Buy. I know it is often considered an out of date store but I find this just to be the opposite. They are small concise store only dealing with certain products and the things that involving those products. I often find going to larger stores even though they claim to carry all products you will soon discover they are very heavy handed with one type product and only have a few on the other. I also strongly believe that you get better one on customer service and never pressured to buy protection plans but willing to explain in great detail about those plans. I was so impressed about their customer service I had to thank them personally in my blog and will be sending the main guys an email or letter if I can figure out the best way to do so.
Lolita L.
Wichita, KS
Radioshack can be pricey compared to the prices you can find online but I've noticed that the employees are nicely trained on most of their items and nothing beats instant gratification. College students/professors and military also receive 10 percent discount with proper identification. However, I have noticed that their items have diminished over the year regarding actual electronic parts such as adapters with 2.5 mm jacks and different small parts. Seems to be more focused on cellphones, headphones, etc.
Karla  F.
Selinsgrove , PA
I like RadioShack. This is where I used to get my cellphones (I just get it straight from AT&T now). I love their warranty plan for the iPhone charger. It was around $30 but with a warranty plan that costs around $5 maybe even less, I could get it easily replaced - which is a must because these iPhone chargers break easily! When I get my replacement, I could just get another warranty plan with it, instead of paying for a full price of a new charger.
Olga A.
Dallas, TX
RadioShack‎ is a dinosaur. Experience is 50/50. Once I've spent 4 hours in the store as the employee rung me up for $400 more than I was due and was required to call headquarters to cancel the transaction... Seems a bit disorganized... Selection of phones is usually poor but they have good deals.
hieu b.
Riverside, CA
Now they are going bankrupt, but I had one experience with them before.... I placed an order. The order stayed in processing for 3 weeks. First two times I called they said the order is still processing. The third time I called, they said the shipment is coming in. The fourth time I called, they said they don't know IF the shipment is coming at all but said I couldn't cancel it. Took 5 times to cancel an order that was never going to happen...
Alyssa D.
Rockford, MI
I only gave this a D rather than an F because they do have some nice products and prices. However, the people they hire are very rude to their customers. I went into that store numerous times and a couple different locations and I got the same results. The employees seem to be on a power trip and very rude.
Alexis F.
La Mesa, CA
Is Radio Shack still in business? I thought they went bankrupt. Anyway, I haven't shopped really with this company since the late 90s/early 00s. On the rare occasions that I popped in for the random car charger, I found that their customer service was lacking and their items were overpriced.
Auddy W.
Radioshack is an okay store. The only time, in the past few years, I went there was because my brother had some coupons for Black Friday. They don't much product variety, and the customer service isn't all that great. I will say they do have some good sales for re-selling products.
Lindsey B.
Fortuna, CA
Techie Expert Level 1
Over priced but the place to go for some of the obscure electronic items you may need. The customer service has always been spot on when I go in there. Their employees know what they are talking about and will help you find what you are looking for!
Casey Z.
Plant City
They have always been busy when I've gone there but are very nice and always offer assistance. Every time I've gone in they've been very knowledgeable and knew exactly what I needed and if they didn't have it, would tell me where else I could buy it.
Casey Z.
Plant City
Have you ever experienced bad service? Every time I've gone they've been incredibly helpful.
Theresa E.
Johnstown, PA
What do you go for there.