quip Toothbrushes uploaded by Brianne B.quip Toothbrushes uploaded by Ashley M.

BY QUIP #36 in Electric Toothbrushes

• I have an oral b electric toothbrush  currently, but I keep seein...2 Answers
  • Is this product really worth it? I lobe electric toothbrushes so ...2 Answers
  • I got this toothbrush for Christmas as a gift. I ... Be the first to answer!
Kristen M.
Orlando
As someone with sensitive teeth I am always hesitant to try new products. Quip had been popping up as ads on facebook/websites for awhile before I finally decided to try it. Once I did I couldn't stop raving about it and soon found out that a lot of friends/coworkers also use Quip!

Electric toothbrushes of the past have always been too powerful for me and it's like I can feel the vibrations in my skull. Quip does not have that effect, though because of the slim design I can feel it very strongly vibrating in my hand. This isn't a concern for me and I have not experience the numbness other reviewers have.

The package I purchased includes a year of new toothbrush heads, toothpaste (both a travel and full size) and a replacement battery. In hindsight, I should not have purchased the toothpaste package. Certain Mint smells/taste trigger an allergic reaction for me and it took a couple weeks of me getting sick every time I would brush my teeth for me to realize it's a bust. While I used it I did think that it did a great job of cleaning as well as leaving me with long-lasting fresh breath. Now, when I receive the replenishment kits I just donate the toothpaste.
Sara H.
Northridge, CA
I loved my quip toothbrush because of the way that it times out your brushing experience for you. It vibrates for 2 minutes straight, and then gives a little pausing signal each 30 seconds to remind you to move on to a different section of your mouth. I like that it has this component so that I make sure to reach all four quadrants of my mouth.

Unfortunately, my toothbrush had a defect. After a few weeks of use, my toothbrush started vibrating on its own. For example, I would be outside of the bathroom, and then all of the sudden I would hear a vibration coming from my bathroom. I'd walk in there, no one was inside, and I would see my quip toothbrush going off on its own volition. This would happen over and over again! It would scare me half too death.

Luckily, the quip toothbrush has a lifetime warrantee, and they were quick to replace my defected toothbrush and replace it with a brand new one. They also include a toothbrush holder to stick on to your mirror for your convenience, and include a travel holder that you can take on the go (I travel a lot, so this is really nice).

My second brush hasn't had any issues. All you need to do is replace the battery every so often. If you're on their subscription plan, they'll send you a new brush head and toothpaste every three months. I don't really think it's necessary to be on the plan, but if you're someone who likes their toothpaste, then it's a good idea. I don't love their toothpaste - I use my own.
Nicole R.
Coral Gables, FL
Alright, time to be brutally honest about myself. My oral healthcare regimen is, well, lacking. My teeth are also super sensitive, forcing me to have to switch to Sensodyne recently to help lessen the pain of everyday activities. I also used a manual brush to help alleviate any stress caused by electric brushes.

I ordered Quip on a whim after seeing plenty of ads for it. I loved the sleek design and the idea of a subscription package (although I honestly do not plan on paying for a replacement head as often as they suggest, but that's because I know how much money I'm willing to spend).

I have to say that I'm impressed. The design is just as lovely as the pictures, and the brush is not too rough for my teeth. I also love the timer element of it. You divide your mouth into quarters and brush each one for 30 seconds. It pauses for a moment to let you know when to switch, and it automatically turns off when it's done. All in all, I'm very impressed with this little toothbrush.
Dimond G.
First, I have to say Quip is very good at marketing, which attracted me to buy it at the first place.

I got the electric toothbrush and toothpaste package today. I was so excited to receive it, but so disappointed the second I started to use it.

Although, it claims itself as an electric toothbrush, (yes, it needs battery to vibrate) but it does not do anything an electric toothbrush is supposed to do. According to the instruction pamphlet that comes with it, you have to follow the technique to brush for Quip electric toothbrush to work. The technique they teach you, is the same technique as if to use a manual toothbrush. I immediately understood why, once I turned the toothbrush on- it does not vibrate as significantly or effectively as any other electric toothbrushes I had used (Sonicare and OralB). When I put it on my teeth, vibration was too weak to help brushing any food or film off my teeth. However, because of its slim design, you can feel the vibration passing on to the handle as well. My hand started to feel numb not long after I turned it on to brush. I felt that it is more annoying to have it on than just shut it off, since I need to brush it manually anyway.

In my opinion, it is at most a regular manual toothbrush, if not worse, which for sure is not worth the cost. Functionally, it is not comparable to other electronic toothbrush like Sonicare and Oral B at all.

In addition, the toothpaste has a weird taste.

In the end, I couldn't finish brushing with this new set of toothbrush and toothpaste, and had to brush with my Sonicare and old toothpaste again. Hope this is helpful when you are wondering whether to try this new product.
Elaine P.
Bartow, Fl
The brush is ok, definitely stylish in design but does not vibrate like as strongly as a typical electric toothbrush. Since starting using it I have gotten used to that part and had no real issues where the vibration is concerned. I began using the toothpaste this week and my teeth have been feeling sensitive in the air and from cold water. I read all the reviews on here and saw several others complain about the toothpaste. I will try it for one more day but if I continue to have sensitivity will be switching back to my regular Colgate total toothpaste.
Melanie E.
Nutley
My husband and I have been trying different electric toothbrushes for a few years when he suggested we try quip.  We liked the ease of new brush heads coming when its time to switch, because who remembers to change their toothbrush head until its been pretty beat up?

Not only do we love the convenience but I also love the timer feature. It makes me brush my teeth and actually think about brushing my teeth which makes me much more effective at brushing my teeth.
Andrea A.
New York
This toothbrush!!!!
I absolutely love the fact that you get everything shipped to your house, you don’t have to forget about buying a new toothbrush every 3 months because you get it delivered to you!!! It has a 30 second timer to move from the front of your teeth to the back of your teeth. I have very sensitive teeth and the toothbrush is perfect on the softest yet strength you need on a toothbrush for someone with sensitive teeth!!!
Greatest oral care invention so far!!!
Ashley J.
Nashville, TN
I love the toothbrush. However, the toothpaste is terrible. I never felt it was cleaning my teeth adequately, and I never felt my breath was fresh. Gingivitis symptoms develop slowly...I'm now at 18 months on the quip plan. I noticed I had pus in my gums, they bled easily, my breath was bad....I dug around the internet to find other people have the same problem. The company deletes all negative reviews from their page and often blames the customer. I was told i was "using too much toothpaste, only use a pea size amount" however, I ran out of toothpaste on time every 3 months so there's no way I was overusing the toothpaste. Today I went to the dentist to have my fears confirmed, the toothpaste has not been cleaning my mouth and has caused damage. The dentist spent an hour scraping my gums. Thankfully I caught it early enough to reverse. Quip is refusing to take any responsibility and continues to blame the customer. I would not recommend using this toothpaste. the toothbrush is great, but the paste will harm your teeth. buyer beware
Sophia R.
Pasadena, CA
HOLY GRAIL TOOTHBRUSH! I got these for my boyfriend and myself for Christmas, it’s been 2 years and honestly I can’t say enough good things about this toothbrush! It’s beautiful, feels really quality in your hand, head refills are on an automated system so you don’t have to remember to reorder them, and they give such a clean feeling. Feels like after the dentist cleans your teeth. Cannot recommend enough!
corinne b.
Medina, OH
THIS THING IS SO COOL. The toothbrush works very effectively and I really like that the company is trying their best to be eco friendly. The price is reasonable for the plastic brush and it seems very durable. It's also convenient that the brushes are delivered on time too. I think one of the main reasons I didn't replace my brush head on my old toothbrush as often as I should was because I would always forget to buy more at the store and didn't want to make a trip just for them. The only thing I don't care for with Quip is the toothpaste. It's not as minty as I like it to be and it left a funny feeling on my teeth for a while but I think that is just the stuff in the toothpaste that is used to protect your teeth. I prefer using sensodyne for personal reasons anyway
Susan F.
I'm a long time devoted Oral B Pro user, but I'm totally intrigued by Quip. Will I be impressed? Disappointed? What are the advantages?
Kathleen F.
How does this compare to a SonicCare? I'm looking for something smaller and easier to travel with.
Kellyann C.
Smithtown, NY
I have an oral b electric toothbrush  currently, but I keep seeing this quip toothbrush pop up everywhere. I love the color/design, but does it work well? Also, how do you go about changing the brush (like replacing the head after your sick or have been using it for some time)?
Ann S.
Is this product really worth it? I lobe electric toothbrushes so how does this compare to Oral B or any other electric toothbrushes on the market?
Qua’Tesha F.
Tylertown, MS
Should I purchase this? I love a good toothbrush.