BY QUEEN HELENE

The Original Mud Pack Masque with Natural English Clay Mud Pack Masque is the original old-fashioned, time-tested earth facial treatment with imported natural English clay, that will work wonders for your skin.  It s a very effective pore cleanser.  It helps tighten loose, sagging skin on your face and neck and relaxes tired face muscles to soften lines and wrinkles. Enjoy a Mud Pack Masque facial as a "pick-me-up" when you feel tired, when you re preparing to go out for the evening or before going to bed.  Your skin will have a clearer, smoother, youthful looking complexion. No animal testing.  No animal ingredients. Queen Helene- Environmentally Concerned.

Cat C.
Cat C.
Arlington, VA
Oh Queen Helene, the memories I have of you! Like many ladies before me, I discovered this mask when I was in high school, and loved the novelty of wearing a green clay mask, just like the ones in movies. It was such fun to sit around with my girlfriends, watching girly movies and painting our nails, while sporting this green goo on our faces!

Nostalgia aside, if you've never tried Queen Helene's Mint Julep Mask, here's what to expect: it's a very thick, clay based mask, green in color (obviously), with a light minty scent. It tingles slightly and feels rather refreshing.

When I use this mask now, as an adult, I still like to apply the mask and forget about it for an hour or so. I'll put on a fun TV show (like The Vampire Diaries or something equally frivolous) and paint my nails, and when my nails and the mask are both dry, I rinse off the mask. It always leaves my skin very soft. It's clay, which is drying, so I don't recommend it if you have dry skin, but if, like me, you have oilier skin, it's great for drying up the oil, drawing out some of your blackheads, and scaring the hell out of your future father-in-law when you forget you have it on (true story!).

Bottom line: in terms of actual skin-care benefits, there are better masks out there, but Queen Helene is still a great value, and you really can't put a price on the joy that comes from seeing yourself with a green face!
Charnita F.
Charnita F.
Dothan, AL
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is no joke: I have been using this "masque" since I was a teenager (when it only seemed to come in a jar) and I'm now in my mid-30's! Before we had the Internet to buy anything we wanted, I was buying this at the drugstore and my local Kmart or Walmart. Now, I'm glad to have the convenience of purchasing it online because it's one of those products I swear by.

Nowadays, I only use this once every one or two weeks as a mask or as a spot treatment as needed, and it still works wonderfully for me; it leaves my skin very soft and looking brighter. It's best for blemishes, though. It always brings any blemish to a head and by morning I have a whitehead. If I already have a whitehead and apply it, by morning, it will either come off when I rinse this off or it will pop off later on in the day.

This is a Godsend when it comes to blemishes because it helps to get rid of them super quick and it helps to heal the damaged skin after too. Even in my mid-30's I break out all the time due to sensitive skin and PCOS. So, I always keep this on hand. One bottle lasts me months because like I said, I don't use it often as a mask, just mostly as a spot treatment. So I'm only using a little each time. It seems to last forever! I once had a bottle that I had for over a year and it was still good! It may not be for everyone, but it's perfect for me.
Nicole E.
Nicole E.
Detroit, MI
A staple in my beauty routine! This has been around for years for good reason. It works! If you have oily skin this mask is for you. Many skin care professionals recommend kaolin clay and bentonite clay to absorb excess oil and those are the oil absorbing ingredients in this mask. Not only does it absorb oil but the peppermint fragrance is invigorating too. Apply a thin layer after washing and drying your face and allow to dry in about 5-10 minutes. With regular use your face will be less oily and pores will appear smaller. This product works just as the package says it does. And it's very affordable ( about $3 or $4) and found wherever beauty products are sold ie; drugstores like CVS, Walgreens, mass retailers like Target, Walmart, grocery stores like Kroger, etc and local beauty supply stores. I have tried pricier masks but always come back to my Queen Helene. I'm 44 years old and I've used this since I was 17 and I always keep it on hand. I have very oily skin and I'm able to use 3x a week with no irritation or overdrying. If you have oily skin you will not be disappointed with this mask.
Faith H.
Faith H.
Duncanville, TX
I still have my masque in the old bottle, and I didn't realize they had come out with a new look, so I was a little thrown off. But that's not the point. I picked this up on a whim at my local Dollar General, because I am ALWAYS looking for a good facemask (I really like the ones that I can peel off, or masks that dry and tighten so it feel as if it's pulling everything out of every pore). Applying the mask is easy enough, and you just let it sit and harden (about 15-20 minutes), and rinse it off. But be warned, it dries and tightens on your skin like no other. I don't mind at all, and actually welcome it, because I have oily skin, and just want my pores cleaned out in general. The process of rinsing it off of your face can be a chore, so that's why I like to put it on before I take a shower, wait, then rinse it off in the shower. Be sure to rise it off well, because it's a little hard to take off. But I loooove this masque and would recommend it! It's also affordable, so if you find you don't like it for some reason, it's not as if you've made a huge investment!
alexis v.
alexis v.
Corona, CA
My first mask and still a holy grail product! My mother first introduced me to this in my pre teens and I was hooked right away. I've always struggled with troubled skin and I would use this to combat it. After using the mask for weekly masks I realized I could put
it in trouble areas and sleep with it on. The next day my pimples would be dried up! Now that I'm older and have clear skin with the occasional break out I use this monthly as a mask and still love it! I prefer the bottle packaging to the can packaging. It does get tricky getting the product out of the bottle because the mask is very thick. That is my only complaint. I hate the jar because it is somewhat impossible to get out the product of you have nails. The product is so great that it doesn't even bother me enough to stop using! Great product and very underrated especially for the price!!! Love love love!
Fatima O.
Fatima O.
Tulsa, OK
Hey guys and girls ! I'm back to do another review on an amazing product!
This product is great not only because it gives you a bang for your buck!
But because it did more than what I expected from it. I got this product from Walmart and not only would I buy it again!
But I have 3 bottles total underneath my sink.
Honestly this product has some great pros and a few cons
Pros
1. This isn't a hard product to find .You can product and in it at many drug stores and beauty supply stores

2. this product is great to introduce in your regimen weekly or biweekly depending on your needs

3. I love the consistency its smooth and thick so a little goes a long way

Cons
The product is very strong and someone with sensitive skin should be very careful
the scent would burn my eyes very bold .
Overall I would purchase again but I would use this every two weeks
Abby S.
Abby S.
Skokie, IL
At times, it can be a little drying on the skin. With certain masks, prior exfoliation isn't needed. However, with Queen Helene The Original Mint Julep Masque, for my skin (combination/oily) I would need to lightly exfoliate before hand. It's also important to moisturize because this mask is a CLAY mask. *emphasis on the "clay" part. When I say this mask cracks off and feels like someone is trying to make a mold of your face to add to Mount Everest--I mean it. MOISTURIZE because this mask WILL dry up your face so fast you'll go from looking like a grape to a raisin. BUT it does clean your skin, and get rid of blemishes. Of course one size does not fit all, but if you're someone that is hydrated, and has hydrated skin this would be great for you! If not, I would try a more moisturizing face mask. Good things.
Kelly B.
Kelly B.
Manteno, IL
I've been using this mask since I was twelve! Although the packaging may have changed the product has always stayed the same. I love the creamy texture and the way it shrinks my pores and soaks up all the excess oil! The mint is lovely and adds a tingle that stimulates tightness.
This mask is truly my go-to must have favorite for all skin types and textures. No matter what your concern, whether it be teenage acne or early wrinkles, this mask's got you covered.
Since I've been using it I've notice a drastic reduction in my blackheads especially around my nose and a reduction in oiliness in my forehead. Two of my biggest concerns, gone in under ten minutes with this miracle mask.
I truly recommend it to everyone and it's such a steal too! Usually retailed at $3 this is the BEST bang for your buck!
Kimmi L.
Kimmi L.
Boynton Beach, FL
I've heard lots and lots of reviews about this product and I looked everywhere for it thinking it was going to help out with my oily skin. The masque itself seems to do what it's supposed to do since I can see the oil being sucked out of my pores when it is on, but it the first few minutes of it being put on my skin burns terribly. This causes me not being able to use this product as much as I would like. I'm not sure if it's because of my sensitive (I've never had this reaction with any other product) but I googled to see if anyone else was having this problem and apparently a few other users seemed to be having the same issue. Overall I would love to use this product more often if it wasn't for the extreme burning sensation when it is first put on.
Tina H.
Tina H.
Weehawken, NJ
They recently changed the packaging for this mask. My family members used this when they were young and I ended up using it for many years. This mask ia good. The only bad thing is all the chemicals that are in it. Not good if you're trying to live a non-toxic lifestyle. I have large pores and this mask helps minimize the size of my pores. Daily use had my skin looking flawless. You can use it as an overnight treatment for pimples. It even works on deep cystic pimples. It might take a couple of days use to help get rid of a cystic pimple. It usually takes a day for one to surface and another day to shrink. Just be sure to rinse your face well if you're using it overnight because you can end up looking like the Hulk. It's inexpensive and works well.
Sam S.
Sam S.
Fountain Valley, CA
How long do you usually keep this product on your face?
Pavan S.
Pavan S.
Phoenix, AZ
Beauty Junkie Expert
Where do you buy your Mint Julep Mask from?
Emma P.
Emma P.
San Francisco, CA
What is your favorite drugstore mask?
Casey E.
Casey E.
Inez, KY
Is this product easy to wash off?
Maya W.
Maya W.
Plano, TX
Is this product really worth the hype? Are there any alternatives?