BY QUEEN HELENE #23 in Face Masks

Mint julep masque is the original natural home treatment developed by a dermatologist that helps dry up acne pimples, rinse away blackheads and shrink enlarged pores. Simply apply mint julep masque to your clean face and neck. Within minutes it firms and hardens, drawing out impurities from your pores. After the masque is removed, your skin will feel clean, refreshed and smooth

• What does it smell Like?3 Answers
  • I've heard really good things about this mask. Does it live up to...2 Answers
  • I'm curious if anybody had a problem with this product? did it ta...5 Answers
Buy on Amazon
T M.
Elkridge, MD
I have used Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask for years. It'/ a great weekly (or whenever you think about it) , treatment to cleanse your pores deeply. My skin is always very soft after taking the mask off and I usually follow-up with a natural oil (like coconut or sweet almond oil) to moisturize afterward. The mint helps bring down bumps (they don't completely disappear immediately) if you have one, and I've even placed it on bumps overnight to help treat them (like people do with toothpaste or baking soda paste). I really like this product and reach for it often. The base is bentonite clay, a natural clay which is known for its skin health benefits (for example, the infamous Aztec Clay everyone rabes about is bentonite clay). I have not been disappointed when I've used the product...and if I were consistent with it, I probably would have seen even better results...I just bought a new bottle of it recently...so, consistency, here I come! This is a great staple to have in your personal spa kit.
Joscelin T.
When I first bought this, I was a high school student with oily skin (thanks to puberty). I thought this product was the most amazing thing in the world. Me being young and new to skin care, well I didn't know what I was doing. I started applying it four times a week( eek! Excessive!). I broke out even more and I thought I just needed more, but I really don't, which I found much later. For a while I was using it on and off. It's better to use it once a week, at most twice. This product is super drying to the skin. It cause my skin to get drier, which made me even greasier. It's definitely a once a while products. It smells nice and it feels really cooling. Just way too drying for me.
Marie S.
Pittsburgh, PA
Hands down, my go to mask. I've tried a million other masks and many that cost so much more and this is one I always go back to!

It works quickly and helps extract all the crap out of my pores! Be prepared to have pimples for a few days afterwards, since it's pulling everything out, but once they're gone, your skin feels so much better!

The downside for me is the packaging. The mask is not very soft so getting it out of the tube can be a pain. I think it'd be way easier if it came in a tub versus a tube. I usually have to make sure I portion out an amount because trying to get more when you've got face mask on your hands is next to impossible.

But overall, it's my go to!
Kara J.
Fresno, CA
Love this mask for acne-prone, combination-oily skin. It smells like fresh toothpaste and is a bright green color making it perfect for a girls night in. The first time using it I was a little shocked because it really tingles your skin as if a fan is blowing cold air on your face and it almost hurts. But after continuing to use it the pain goes away. My skin is always as soft as a baby's bottom after using it. Because the consistency is so thick it can get kind of messy when applying and it's a little hard to wash off. I would use it about every 2 weeks. Overall the best face mask and reasonably priced!
Kelly V.
Spartanburg, SC
've been using this product for most of my life, as my mother used to purchase it when I was a kid and like many children I wanted to put the "green stuff" on my face when she used it. I hadn't been able to find it in the stores in a long time, and recently picked it up on Amazon instead. It's still the same fabulous product. I have very sensitive combo skin and this mask never irritates or over-dries my skin, but it balances out any oily areas and helps heal breakouts quickly. Don't waste money on other products that have the same basic ingredients at two or three times the price.
Adriana M.
Austin, TX
I just recently repurchased this product after not having seen the product available in the stores near me for quite some time. When I first applied the mask it did sting quite a bit, I didn't know if it was because I had just cleaned my face with another product but i couldn't stand the pain the first time so I rinsed it off before it hardened. The second time I just pushed through the pain, and it went away after about 1 minute. I feel like this is a good product. My skin feels fresh and clean when I wash it off. Might be repurchasing this product again in the future.
Megan T.
I used this mask when I was younger, and i LOVED it. I couldn't find it anywhere for a few years but after a while of searching I purchased this mask from Sally's. I was so excited, but apparently it just doesn't work on my skin anymore. It stung more than I remember, and it really dried out my skin. Also after rinsing and drying your face, your skin will smell like a boiled egg (I read somewhere that this is due to the sulfur in the mask, however I'm not sure). I'd recommend to somebody that doesn't have sensitive skin, but this product just isn't one of my favorites.
Erin S.
Ashland, KY
This is a good mask but I gave it 2 stars because I'm not sure I would purchase again. It's not because this didn't work exactly, I've just found others I like much better that do more for my skin. I will say it's not super drying even though it's a mud mask which is hard to do but I also can't say I see a significant difference in my skin after I've used it. And my skin is trouble, I have huge pores which means tons of blackheads, whiteheads, and oil as well a the occasional volcano on my face. So I need results fast with a mud pack. This just didn't do it for me.
Karen K.
Mocksville , NC
I have used this face mask for years. I use this product about once a month and it always makes my face look fresh and it feels super soft afterwards! I also love that it dries on your face and you can tell when it is time to take the mask off unlike some others where you have to guess if you should take it off or leave it on longer. I do not suffer from acne but I do have red marks on my face and this also seems to even my color all around when done using so afterwards I do not have to use so much makeup to cover up those pesky red marks.
Fani B.
I used to be a very loyal user of the Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque until I started to educate myself about the harmful effects of some of the ingredients used in this product. I have since decided to use facial masks with more natural ingredients. However, I can attest to its affectiveness. I have had acne breakouts that have disappeared overnight because of the Q.H. Mint Julep Masque. My always felt refreshed after uses but there have been times that I found it difficult to get the product out of deeper pores. Overall, it does its job.
Kimberly M.
San Diego, CA
Do you use this when your face is wet after cleansing or when it's dry?
Geeta I.
Where can I find this product today? I used to see it at Ulta but not anymore.
Holly N.
Little Rock, AR
Have you tried this on your oily skin?
Tatyana C.
I'm curious if anybody had a problem with this product? did it tangled? or am I'm the only 1 who feels tangling when I apply this to my face..?
Katarina  R.
Lafayette Hl, PA
Has anyone seen any actual results with this mask ?