BY QUEEN HELENE #9 in Face Masks

Mint julep masque is the original natural home treatment developed by a dermatologist that helps dry up acne pimples, rinse away blackheads and shrink enlarged pores. Simply apply mint julep masque to your clean face and neck. Within minutes it firms and hardens, drawing out impurities from your pores. After the masque is removed, your skin will feel clean, refreshed and smooth

Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque
  • "This face mask makes your skin soft and smooth. It helps unclog pores and it has a good smell! I would recommend to anyone with sensitive skin who wants a good, refreshing facial mask. Just make sure to moisturize after using. 5/5" in 277 reviews
Jennifer F.
United States
A refreshing and super healing mask that is a holy grail product for me. I was introduced to this mask years back when I was suffering from severe cystic acne and while it didn't cure it out right, it aided in the lessening of my skin woes, as it worked great as a weekly treatment that would minimize redness, cool down the soreness of the sores, soak up oiliness, minimize pores, and even drying up whiteheads. It's also comfortable to wear and it's minty fragrance is so zen.

Though I've graduated to other masks and my cystic acne is near to almost gone, I'm still loyal to it and reach for it whenever I have a really bad breakout cause it never lets me down. I know I'm getting results when I put it on. Just nothing compares to that cooling sensation you get from this mask. Even some expensive masks I own just don't do what this one does for half the price. It's why I highly recommend this mask for those who suffer from any stage of acne, esp. severe and cystic, because it doesn't b.s. around formula and price wise, and you will feel relief and even see results of your acne lessening.

Only con is the product can be messy in the tube and can be a bit difficult to get out. I've gotten a mask spatula to solve the first issue, but it can get a little stiff to push out due to it's thickness. I've been purchasing it for so long that I was pleased to see at my local Sally's they've now put it in a little plastic jar so when my current tube is finished I'll def. look into getting the jar.
Erica P.
Morgantown, WV
I used to use this mask frequently when my skin was more oily, and it was one of my absolute favorite masks!  I picked up the smallest tub from Sally Beauty and for how small that little tub was, the contents lasted forever.  A little goes a long way and being generous with the product doesn't really provide any extra benefit.  A thin layer is plenty.

This mask excels at oil control.  Spreading this over the oilier parts of my face, you can see the kaolin clay drawing up the oil from my pores.  It has a very refreshing, minty scent, and is very relaxing.  I love the cooling sensation it provides to my skin.  Despite the mask being formulated for oil control, it provides some moisture back into the skin in exchange for drawing out the nasty grease.

Even after this product dries, which is pretty quickly, it doesn't feel stiff or uncomfortable.  It doesn't peel off or flake.  You can rinse with any temperature water, but I feel the cooling sensation is preserved by using comfortably cool water to rinse the mask off.  I've not experienced any irritation or over-drying from leaving the mask on too long.  It's a pretty potent product, so once or twice a week is plenty for moderately oily skin.  I recommend this to my friends with oily skin, and though my skin is drier now, I miss using this mask!
Natalie F.
Alhambra, CA
Awesome. Awesome, awesome, awesome. And, affordable, which doubles the existing awesome. I'm hardly ever going back to expensive minty masks (I'm looking at you, TreatMINT) after this cult classic. It works just as advertised, which means that it's suitable (and recommended) for oily and acne-prone skin. If it's your first time using this mask, or deep-cleansing masks in general, you will feel a tingle or light burn, but unless you're allergic to any of the components in the mask, DO NOT WORRY, it is lovely for sensitive skin.

I myself have eczema in addition to a mess of oily, cystic acne-ridden skin, but using this mask anywhere from 1-3 times a week has not caused it to flare up. Rather, it's kept acne, and eczema, at bay. It does a good job of cleaning your pores, but a pore strip won't hurt you if you decide to double down. But above all, it's comfortable and effective. My skin was noticeably smoother and cleaner after a few uses.

The minty sensation is a lot of fun too, so sit back and enjoy this mask. I would recommend using a hydrating overnight mask or moisturizer to follow, because it does rectify oily skin rather quickly, but can leave you feeling dry if you use it too often.

Love the huge tub from Walmart. Buy it now!
Jaslyn C.
Hopkinton, MA
Love mint julep facial mask with its pretty minty light green color. Ita best if used 1-2x per wk though it helps clear your skin and pores and adds a nicely clean burst of feeling, especially as it hardens on their is this invigorating nice menthol/minty sensation that i love it helps make me feel energized and you can just feel it working deep into your pours with a satisfyd feeling. It isnt overwhelming the menthol just uses a subtle hint and ive left it on anywhere from 15minutes too an hour & you need a washcloth or something like that along with luke warm water too wash it off and the mirror results are flawless plus it can be found anywhere from $1.00-$4.00 though i almost always find it for $1 at Dollar Stores and drugstores also stock it as well as discount stores... This is a generation of family favorites & friends alike who all of us still to this day + onward plan to leave it as a staple need in our household. Another cool thing ive noticed since my pre teens is that when adults or even elderly people see it on store shelves, their is an instant smile delivered often by memories of the good ole' days ive realized its a very nostalgic health & beauty brand for all ages and all generations. I need to restock myself which ill be doing this week and id like to purchase any mask i can find at my local Dollar or drugstore this wk. Its very refreshing too. Helps me feel healthy, refreshed and energized all in one. This is a must have and absolutely an incredible brand ill trust for a lifetime
Kelsey S.
Queen Helene’s Mint Julep Mud Mask is one of my favorite ways to pamper myself. This luxurious mask has a thick, smooth consistency that clings to the skin (you don’t need to worry about it dripping everywhere.) The mint smell isn’t overpowering, but soothing. And the green color gives this mask such a fun feeling, like you’re being transported into a 90s movie makeover scene.

This mask always leaves my skin feeling smooth and de-gunked. I typically use it while I’m in the shower but also enjoy using it while watching tv on the weekend so that it can really sit and do it’s job. This mask is incredibly for the price and will forever be a staple in my skincare routine!
Nicole A.
Roanoke, VA
Apparently I’m the only person who hasn’t been using this since I was a teenager - why didn’t anyone tell my acne-faced self about it?!?

I have clear skin now but I love love love this mask for a refreshing treat. The mint is pretty strong but the clay really makes my pores feel clean and less noticeably visible.

Like other clay masks, do NOT let this dry completely on your face or you’ll have to scrub it off. Remove with a warm damp washcloth when it’s about 80% dry, and gently wipe instead of rubbing or pulling your skin :)
Nia N.
I just love this stuff! The menthol effect definitely leaves my skin feeling refreshed, but it’s not uncomfortable at all. I’ve used Queen Helene products in my beauty regimen since the ‘80’s, and I’m so glad they’re still kicking around! And they’re very affordable at about $5-7 apiece. I always check for deals, and have found these masks for $1-3 at Family Dollar as well. I don’t let the mask completely dry on my skin, which makes it much easier to remove with a damp cloth. I finish with at least two moisturizers (a hydrating serum, light moisturizer, and a heavier moisturizer if it’s very dry out). Packaging photo and ingredients attached.
Michelle S.
Tulare , CA
I love this mask especially when i leave it in while I shower. I feel as if it gives me a deep facial experience and leaves my skin very smooth and clean afterwards. When putting on this mask is has a nice thick creamy consistency and applies very well. When it dries it does tend to crack and little chips of the mask fall but that’s normal. Every time I use this mask my face feels as new and bright. so would recommend to others but i would also recommend that at first try it might seems too much but just apply a very thin layer and work your way up.
Miss C.
Nashville
This mask has been a skincare staple for yeeeaaaars. I first bought a tube when I was a little girl. I choose not to use it anymore because it has a very uncomfortable burning sensation, and it makes my eyes burn from the fumes. When it comes to skincare I do not like anything that makes my skin tingle/burn. It dries very hard and requires a bit of elbow grease to wash off, which irritates my skin. I do not see any benefits after using it. It *might* shrink some active pustules, but it also dries my sensitive skin and requires a hydrating sheet mask afterwards. Mainly, it is the mint which makes me wary of using it.
Kayla B.
I really wasn't sure what I would think of this mask when I first got it, it was a very cheap price and I thought for certain it would either dry my skin completely out or cause some sort of allergic reaction. I was presently surprised. With a very light spearmint scent and a smooth texture that makes the mask easy to put on, this mask helped clean out my pores like no mask has ever done before. It is very refreshing and leaves my skin feeling cleaner than it has been in a long time. I will definitely keep using this product in the future and suggest it to any one looking for a cheap, but good face mask.
Kimberly M.
San Diego, CA
Do you use this when your face is wet after cleansing or when it's dry?
Jazmine S.
Someone please tell me where yo find this??
Geeta I.
Where can I find this product today? I used to see it at Ulta but not anymore.
Holly N.
Little Rock, AR
Have you tried this on your oily skin?
Tatyana C.
I'm curious if anybody had a problem with this product? did it tangled? or am I'm the only 1 who feels tangling when I apply this to my face..?

back