BY QUEEN HELENE #85 in Hair Treatments

Strengthen, deep-condition and rejuvenate dry damaged hair with Queen Helene Cholesterol Hot Oil Treatment. see more...

• I have this little tube but I'm not sure how to use it!! ...2 Answers
  • Does this have a strong smell?1 Answers
Ashley V.
Piscataway, NJ
This product is easy to find in stores, competitively priced, and consumer friendly. I used his product once because I was looking to try a hot oil treatment and it got the job done. However, I found that I am not a fan of such treatments so I wouldn’t recommend this product to a friend.
Lynn H.
Wayne
I love this product.  Queen helene is a inexpensive brand but the products really work.  I put the Cholesterol Hot Oil treatment on my hair and it drinks it in and feels great.  Feels like a salon treatment but for a fraction of the price.  I always have some of this on hand for when my hair needs some help.
Amy Z.
Well as far as hot oil treatments, if that's your thing, then it's ok. I can honestly say that this was probably one of the first "deeper conditioning treatments" I used years ago. Thankfully hair products have come a long way since then lol. It def won't hurt your hair, but I'd spend a little more and go another route.
Brittany K.
Durham, NC
These are somewhat hard to find. They have them at the beauty supply store. These are inexpensive and work well to make my hair feel less dry. I have over processed hair and these are a nice way to make hair feel healthier. I don't like the smell, but that's fairly minor. Super easy to use.
Carrie P.
My mom used to use this on me when she put rollers in my hair as a kid. This stuff is the truth! You can usually find it in a beauty supply store or amazon and it smells really good and gives your scalp a good healthy treatment
Lori M.
Yucca Valley, CA
I have long hair that is at least 80% natural silver. This means I must take extra care to keep it healthy.

Queen Helene Cholesterol is a product I've often used throughout my life. This product, for me, is best used at night because it is a heavy duty product. I use this once a month for serious deep conditioning.

I cover my hair from root to tip, gently comb it through with a wide toothed comb, then cover my head with a shower cap for a couple of hours. I'll sleep on a towel to save my pillow and case from being slathered. In the morning, it's shower, shampoo, and spray with a heat protection spray.

Queen Helene deeply conditions my hair. My hair is shiny, silky, and feels wonderful. I get compliments on how healthy my hair is, which makes me feel like a million dollars!

This product has stood the test of time and I hope that Queen Helene continues to offer this in the years to come.
Nickyia N.
New York , NY
This stuff rocks
I use it a few times a month, sometimes I even leave it on overnight with a cap or braid it. I have long hair that I use temporary color on, and this stuff seems to make the color absorb more consistently, so it makes the color look more natural, no more overly dark on the length and lighter roots, as well as the fact they give you enough in one tube for longer hair (can re-cap and save leftovers for shoulder-length hair or shorter) super silky feel and scent. Only negative is again my local shops have some other hot oil, but not this particular brand/type. I'm so glad it's not discontinued and I can get it online.
Charee M.
I received this product in a curl kit subscription about 8 months ago and I absolutely love the hot oil treatment! The package stated that I only needed one, but I had to use two for my thick, naturally curly and color hair. I am a Type 4 so this does help with softness and in maintaining moisture. I apply this prior to my deep conditioner in which it helps soften my hair and gives it great shine which is necessary when you're natural. And it gives my hair great softness and is easy to detangle and it's very economical!
Adrianna P.
Hobart, OK
I am a natural hair enthusiast. I use hot oil treatments every couple weeks or so. I can remember my mom using  these hot oil treatment s on my scalp for as long as i can remember. I am 24 years old and i now use this on my daughters scalp. after I wash her hair i just pop this in her scalp leave it on for 3-5 minutes with the blow dryer and her hair is so soft and hydrated and is ready for what ever style i am about to do.
Sarah P.
Bridgeport , NY
Amazing, cheap, moisturizing and softens my hair within minutes! No mess, no fuss, and works like a dream transforming my dull, limp, dry hair into a moisturized, manageable mane. I've used the cholesterol treatment since the early 1990s and it has never failed me.
Stephany V.
Santa Ana, CA
I have this little tube but I'm not sure how to use it!! I been having it like for a year lol ! Help your girl up!
Lakesha E.
Douglasville, GA
Does this have a strong smell?

back