Purina Pro Plan Lamb and Rice  uploaded by Deborah H.Purina Pro Plan Lamb and Rice  uploaded by Valerie Z.Purina Pro Plan Lamb and Rice  uploaded by Rachel B.

BY PURINA

• My dogs are really picky eaters, does this have real pieces of la...2 Answers
  • Is this better than the chicken version?1 Answers
  • Does anyone recommend this? My cocker spaniel is so picky and I w...1 Answers
Purina Pro Plan Lamb and Rice
  • "the only downside is that it i a bit more expensive than the generic dog food from purina but he seems to like the flavor." in 35 reviews
  • "My dog loves this dog food and hair coat looks great since we have switched to this food." in 13 reviews
  • "My chihuahua who has been a wet dog food only has decided she likes it, so we have been able to switch to dry dog food." in 3 reviews
Chelsea C.
Clarksville, TN
We started buying this when my dogs were having a reaction to another brand I was using and so far we love it and much as they do. I have a German Shepard and a Bullboxer. They're both around 3 years old and love this stuff. I've never seen them eat a dog food like this one. They're favorite part of course is the soft bits that are in it and they gobble it down at each feeding. It has no effects on them negatively like the other food we were using and a 35 lb bag lasts us a good bit. I find it worth the money for this food.
Amy J.
Milton , WV
One of my dogs has terrible tummy issues.We tried several different brands of dog food and each had the same result. Our vet finally recommended this food. It cannot be purchased at mass retailers, well in this area anyway, so we buy it from a local feed store. After two weeks on the food, our dog was doing much better. After a month, her symptoms were almost non existent. She hasn't had any symptoms since. It is expensive but it is worth it since it is easing her issues and discomfort.
Jaelan M.
Albuquerque, NM
I was feeding Wellness, which I prefer... but my pooch wouldn't eat it. I had to basically force feed her. She ate this while staying with her grandparents and ate it like a champ. We bought it for her, and she'll still eat it... but less enthusiastically after eating it for about a month. It hasn't adversely affected her in any way. She loves the chunks of "meat" in it, so she will eat that and then ask for more before she finishes the kibble part. She's finicky.
Rachel B.
Reedsville, OH
While my dogs loved this and always cleaned their bowls, my boxer started having allergic reactions (rash and skin irritation). Vet ran tests and found the leading cause was with both chicken and beef byproducts. I'm not sure if you can tell in the picture but she has large red bumps on her mouth and the inside of her ears are a bright pink irritated color. She feet also became irritated and she started licking them to the point of loosing her hair.
Shawndra B.
Fort Irwin, CA
My dog isn't the pickiest eater but she absolutely hates this food. First of all the food wreaks of a strong fishy smell. My dog will literally starve herself before eating this. I have even doctored it up with canned food and anti-shedding oil but then she only eats the canned food or the oily pieces. I really wish I had bought the smaller bag to try out but the larger bag was on sale majorly and had a $5 off coupon on top of that.
Miranda A.
Morrisville, NC
Our rescue recommended this when we adopted our first pit bull. We kept her on it for a few months, not wanting to stray from the plan, but soon realized that she was breaking out in a rash on her inner legs after eating. We started changes pieces of her routine to eliminate any environmental factors. Within a month, we had slowly weaned her off of the Pro Plan and onto a different food and the rashes went away and never returned. While she seemed to like the food, it wasn't worth it for the skin problems.
Brandi P.
Covington, GA
We rescued a mixed-breed about three years ago and he has a lot of skin allergies and digestive troubles. We switched over to this brand earlier this year after trying a handful of others and his rashes and his itching almost immediately lessened and went away.

It's a little on the pricey side, and they only carry it at Pet Specialty stores (Petco, Pet Smart, etc) but worth it!
Leigh V.
We have been feeding our two pups Purina Pro Plan for well over a year now and have never had an issues. Our girls are happy and healthy. It's a great product for the price and coupons are always available. I gave it a "B" only because it is not the BEST of the best food but it is better than most other dog foods out there. Research different brands and find what is best for your pup!
Emilie G.
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I feed both my dogs, a goldendoodle and a lab/pit mix, this dog food. They love the flavor of the lamb, but I have noticed it gives them some bad gas. It is very affordable compared to other brands. I will buy this again, but many try another flavor for the gas issues.
Cailee P.
Valencia, CA
My dog is a very picky eater and I used to need to add wet food to her dry in order for her to eat it. I started feeding her Pro Plan and she loves it! I am a veterinary student and feel that this product is very good for my dog. Purina does a lot of research to ensure their products have the essential nutrients dogs need. Pro Plan is a little more expensive than other food but I feel this is warranted because of the research that went in to development.
Vanessa G.
How do you choose which products you buy for your dog?
Quinelle R.
I'm thinking about changing my dogs food to this. Do you think this is better than the other dog foods out there?
Kitty J.
Azle, TX
Just trial and error really. look up reviews, experiences, etc.
Daniel E.
Kent, OH
What would be the best Pro Plan for "senior" dogs?
Kiki T.
Honolulu, HI
My dogs are really picky eaters, does this have real pieces of lamb in it?