Purina Pro Plan Kitten Chicken & Rice Formula

Formerly Purina Pro Plan Focus Kitten Chicken & Rice Formula DHA an omega-3 fatty acid, nourishes brain & vision development Calcium, phosphorus and other minerals build strong bones and teeth Omega-6 fatty acids and vitamin A to nourish skin and coat Antioxidants support a kitten’s developing immune system Fortified with Guaranteed Live Probiotics for digestive and immune health Chicken is the first ingredient Vitamin A and taurine support healthy vision Highly digestible formula for optimal nutrient delivery No artificial colors or flavors

Kitten food is typically smaller and easier for them to process.
What's the difference between kitten food and cat food?
Start your review of Purina Pro Plan Kitten Chicken & Rice Formula!
Brittany G.
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Purina Pro Plan Kitten Chicken & Rice Formula uploaded by Brittany G.
Both my senior cats love it. They are very picky on why they eat, I was worried they wouldn’t like these ingredients. I was wrong. Lol, it’s only been a few days since I’ve been feeding them this brand, but so far so good! Pro Plan Liveclear Specialized Senior Chicken & Rice Formula 55Lbs
fox W.
Cary, NC
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Purina Pro Plan Kitten Chicken & Rice Formula uploaded by fox W.
This is my absolute holy grail for three kittens I fostered and then adopted. It is expensive but worth every penny. When they arrived, they were 3 weeks old and half the weight they should have been. After they were weaned, they still continued to have intermittent diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, and overall just never had good GI health, despite all the treatments we tried. They underwent many rounds of dewormer, Drontal, even Fluconazole, but everything always brought only temporary relief. As it turns out, they had such a difficult start and arrived to my home in such poor health that they have long-lasting GI damage. We don't know if it will eventually heal, or if it is permanent. Either way, we switched them to this kitten food and they have not had any diarrhea since. Their poop still is soft and smelly, but that is literally night & day compared to where they used to be. There is NO FISH in this food and the rice and grains help slow their gut motility, ensuring they properly absorb every nutrient and have solid poop. This food was a lifesaver for me and my kittens.
Maci L.
Pet Lover Expert Level 2
Purchased at: PetSmart
Purina Pro Plan Kitten Chicken & Rice Formula Unfortunately my two kittens will not eat this food. I was disappointed as I do like the food for the nutritional value and price. My other cat is on Purina Pro Plan DM (prescription only) and it has made his diabetes go into remission. Wish my kittens would eat this kitten formula!
Ginny W.
Irvine, KY
Pet Lover Expert Level 4
Purchased at: Target
This is the only company we use for kittens we keep in our care til they are placed in their forever homes. The kittens love it, when I say love it I mean they loveee it!!! I like that it's affordable for the amount that you get for your fuzz balls.🐈🐾
Shannon G.
Chesapeake , VA
Purina Pro Plan Kitten Chicken & Rice Formula uploaded by Shannon G.
Purina Pro Plan Kitten Chicken & Rice Formula uploaded by Shannon G.
Purchased at: PETCO
Can’t say much about the “taste” but my kitten has been eating this since we adopted her from the shelter. Also reasonable priced.
Veronica W.
This is a good food for kittens. It has a great crunch and flavor they liked. I've just decided to switch to a more organic food for them.
Amanda M.
My Lola loved this food when she was a kitten. She has the softest and shiniest fur and I think it's because of this food. Never had any stomach issues. Highly recommend for kitten owners!!
Julie C.
Buffalo
Pet Lover Expert Level 3
This is what I fed my cats when they were little kittens through one year old. My veterinarian recommended it. I have since switched to the purina pro plan LiveClear allergen reducing formula. [product:purina-pro-plan-liveclear-allergen-reducing-chicken-&-rice-formula-dry-cat-food]
Robert G.
Grand Rapids, MI
Sometimes my cat just sits in front of the bag and breathes heavy. He's up to 26 pounds now. It's gotten to the point where I can't have the bag out of a locked cupboard cause he'll dump the food out and just lay around in it. I bought one of the huge bags and my cat just dove in and did that Scrooge McDuck diving in the money bin thing. Also he hugs the bag and mutters "My Precious" like some weird Gollum cat. Overall it's a great product. (My cat told me to write that last line.)
Alisa P.
Vancouver , WA
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I love the ingredients in this food and my kittens love eating it! Will keep purchasing Purina and Purina One