BY PURINA #5 in Dog Food

• What difference in your dog have you noticed since they b...18 Answers
  • Does your dog like these?2 Answers
  • My dog has a weak stomach and needs a hearty food with na...2 Answers
Purina One Smartblend Adult Lamb & Rice Formula
  • "We used this for a couple years because it is one of the only name brand dog foods that doesn't have the first ingredient as cornmeal, but my dog actually didn't really like it." in 6 reviews
Brittani O.
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
My 3 year old yorkiepoo is an extremely picky eater. We tried him on a couple of different brands/ types of food and he just didn't want to eat any of it. I was worried about him not eating because he's a pretty energetic pup and he only weighs 12 pounds, so I did some quick research and comparisons while I was at the grocery store and found this! I bought the lamb & rice flavor, and it seems to be a winner with my little guy! I read that Purina is one of the better "grocery store" brands of dog foods- which was one of my main concerns. So many of the brands that grocery stores carry just aren't very good for your dog. I liked that this food had little meat chunks mixed in with the kibble, and so did my dog- they're his favorite part! This food was a little more expensive than some of the other options, but well worth it when it comes to the health & happiness of my pup!
Natalie C.
Idaho Falls
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
One of my two dogs is allergic to chicken so finding an affordable dry food that doesn’t contain chicken can be difficult. Until we discovered this stuff, we had to buy a food only sold at petsmart and that store is a thirty minute drive from where we live. This Purina food can be found just about anywhere and my dogs handle it nicely.
Brianna Z.
Pet Lover Expert Level 2
Although this is not my top dog food for my furries, I will get this if I am running low of my high quality kibble and mix it in. My dogs do well on Purina One but I wanted better quality to feed all the time. For the price it isn't a bad food though ! Make sure your dog does not have any food allergies before getting this food or any food in general!
Molly V.
Grand Rapids, MI
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
My dog isn’t a huge fan of dry dog food in general because she’s a spoiled brat, but she does like this dog food quite a bit. I generally mix it with Putin’s wet food to give some extra flavor and she basically inhales the combo. It’s more pricey and is in the same price range as huger grade dog foods, but I would say it’s worth it.
David M.
Pensacola
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Great value and quality dog food. Dogs seem to enjoy it, although if you put it in a cereal bowl with milk and tell your little brother it’s coco puffs, he didn’t seem to think it was all that great.

My dogs love this food and we will continue to buy and recommend this to anyone. This can be purchased from any big box retail store.
United States e.
parkland
I’m sorry, but if your looking for a cheap dry dog food this is for you. But I️ got this for my German Shepard because she ran out of food and we didn’t have time, and goodness she threw up everywhere and had stomach pain. My baby was sick for 2 days, and now my family and I️ are never going to buy Purina. But I️t could be different for other dogs , like my chihuahua he was fine with I️t.
Stephanie F.
Youngsville
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
My dog loves this food. It has chunks of lamb bits and little triangles of rice. It’s a great mixture of your looking for something with no beef or chicken. It’s a great value and not expensive at all. You can find it at any grocery store or pet store. Highly recommend it. Good for dogs with allergies too!!
Bree F.
We just recently started using this brand of food on our puppy. He doesn’t seem to interested. I love Purina as a brand. We may just need to find a good flavor for him. I spent $31 on a 32lb bag of food so I would say it’s a good price. I would definitely recommend Purina to other dog owners.
Heather W.
Pet Lover Expert Level 2
Another great option from Purina One. Both my babies loved this food, never had any problems or issues with it. Great price point, easily available and they loved it. Had to switch to a lower calorie food for my Corgi but otherwise would probably still have this in their rotation.
Kelsey P.
Rexburg, ID
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
This is a great food and my dog loves it! I love being able to see the meat chunks right there and my Pomeranian mix loves it too. We feed him twice a day and his weight is great for a low energy dog. And the price is great for what I feel is a pretty decent quality food.
Paige S.
Seneca, SC
I'm thinking of switching my dogs to Purina One and wondering what others think. I've done some research and see it's only a 2 star food but I've heard good things about it from others. And you can't beat the price. What do y'all think?
Denisse V.
Pet Lover Expert Level 4
What difference in your dog have you noticed since they began eating Purina One?
Abigail B.
Wenatchee, WA
Pet Lover Expert Level 3
Is this a good product to feed my 4 year old dog daily? I really care about what he is eating.
Ashleigh P.
Ashtabula, OH
I buy this food for my dog, the lamb as well as the chicken and beef. He seems to enjoy all of the flavors? Is this a healthy food to purchase or am I giving my dog sawdust with flavoring added
Serena T.
Windsor, NB
Did anyone else use this product after discovering your pet was allergic to beef and chicken products?