Purina Kitten Chow Nurturing Formula, 7-Pound Bag uploaded by stacy P.Purina Kitten Chow Nurturing Formula, 7-Pound Bag uploaded by Carolyn P.Purina Kitten Chow Nurturing Formula, 7-Pound Bag uploaded by ana T.

BY PURINA #13 in Cat Food

Chelsea B.
Shinnston, WV
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I have been using Purina Kitten Chow for years and years. I have both older and younger cats and I have found that this is the best cat food around for them. It is less harsh on their tummies than any other cat food I have tried. And I have tried the more expensive kinds that are supposed to be good for the intestinal tracts, etc. My cats will throw up every kind of food except for the Purina Kitten Chow. I just leave it down dry for them to nibble on all day long. I found if I leave it down for them to snack on it as they want to, they are a lot less likely to upchuck than if I feed them once or twice a day and they try to lug it all down. That doesn't sit well with them. I have one very old cat (he is 17 years old) and his teeth are getting very old -- it is hard for him to chew the dry cat food. So I get him a separate bowl and put the dry food in there and put some water on it so it is soft food for him. Because this is kitten chow, it has extra nutrients in it, which I really want for my older cats.
Kristen W.
Florida
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I have an older male cat that's very picky and has alot of food allergies. He started to loose alot of weight and it turns out it was the food. I switched him to this to hopefully put some weight back on and he has and he is maintaining a certain weight so I will keep him on it. It doesn't cause his food allergies to flare up. Kinda pricey but worth it!!!
Jen E.
Philadelphia , PA
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Recently adopted a kitten and started feeding her this. She really likes it by itself and I even mix it in with her wet food from time to time. The size of the kibble is perfect for her tiny little self and the price is very affordable compared to almost every other brand.
Jennifer B.
Newark, OH
I’ve got two female cats they’re not quite a year old, but they LOVE this food. They even eat my dogs Putin’s food too, we had to go through several different brands until we found one they’d actually eat and really enjoy!
lexi r.
Saranac, MI
This was a nice dry cat food crunch for when my cat was a kitten. He ate with no problem transitioning from mama milk to this. It is easy to scoop out of the bag and easy to fold back up and reseal so the cat cant get into it! Loved it!
Elizabeth D.
Ozark, AL
Our kittens seem to have an easy time when we start transitioning them to solid food and it also does well if it needs to be moistened for them. Nice size and nice texture for a beginning solid. I would definitely use again and again.
Hannah G.
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
It’s a great size for my kitten. The bag will originally last about a month or two. It’s good priced for having it so long. There are small food size bites so easy for chewing. I would buy it again and even recommend it to others.
Amanda L.
Miami Gardens
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
This food is great for my kitten, who was about 5 months old when we rescued her from being a stray two months ago. I wanted specifically kitten food until she isn't a kitten anymore, and I like that this is a large bag that will last us quite a while. In fact, there's still quite a lot of the bag left. She's about 7 months old now, and by the time this food runs out, it'll be about time to switch her to regular adult cat food anyway. If you have a kitten, I would definitely recommend this.
Kayla C.
Northampton
My cats loved this cat food but after a about 10 years of it they got bored of it. But besides that they loved it and would always run down when I put their food out. The food also keep my cats very healthy
Kylee M.
Hampton, VA
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Fed to my two nursing mommas and the kittens as they got older. Very healthy mom and 10 healthy thriving kittens. Cheaper spectrum of cat food and worth the buy. I’ll continue using it for future rescues.