PURINA® DOG CHOW® Natural Plus Vitamins & Minerals uploaded by Virag M.PURINA® DOG CHOW® Natural Plus Vitamins & Minerals uploaded by Brett K.PURINA® DOG CHOW® Natural Plus Vitamins & Minerals uploaded by Rose P.

BY DOG CHOW

PRODUCT OVERVIEW

Our Natural recipe is a high quality, affordable natural food that is made with real chicken and beef and provides 100% complete and balanced nutrition adult dogs need to help them live long and healthy lives.

INGREDIENTS & NUTRITION

Whole grain corn, chicken by-product meal, corn gluten meal, beef fat naturally preserved with mixed-tocopherols, soybean meal, whole grain wheat, chicken, beef, ground rice, natural flavor, mono and dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, salt, potassium chloride, MINERALS [zinc sulfate, ferrous sulfate, manganese sulfate, copper sulfate, calcium iodate, sodium selenite], choline chloride, VITAMINS [Vitamin E supplement, niacin (Vitamin B-3), Vitamin A supplement, calcium pantothenate (Vitamin B-5), pyridoxine hydrochloride (Vitamin B-6), Vitamin B-12 supplement, thiamine mononitrate (Vitamin B-1), Vitamin D-3 supplement, riboflavin supplement (Vitamin B-2), menadione sodium bisulfite complex (Vitamin K), folic acid (Vitamin B-9), biotin (Vitamin B-7)], L-Lysine monohydrochloride. E-4121

• Does anyone have a problem with any Purina dog chow where...4 Answers
  • Price 4 Answers
  • Does anyone know if any of the ingredients listed are wat...1 Answers
Buy on kmart
Crystal B.
Cheyenne
We started using the Natural Dog Chow when our larger mixed breed started having some digestion issues . We mixed her food with with pumpkin and added apple cider vinegar to her water and in two weeks she is a thousand times better ! I give credit to the food and change in diet . Great value and better ingredients . Available at wal mart
Heather W.
Pet Lover Expert Level 2
Both of my fluffy little companions liked this food. I like that it does not have added colorings. They both tolerated it well. It's very affordable and a great alternative to some of the pricier dog foods out there. I would recommend this if you want to feed your dog a food that is affordable & palatable.
Casandra T.
Prestonsburg, KY
My doxie seriously loves this stuff. I've bought expensive dog food for him including some specialized for his breed. He will eat it but it takes him all night and he picks at it. The Purina naturals? He scarfs it down in one go. My only complaint is I wish they had some with smaller kibble that wasn't for puppies because he is pretty tiny.
Caitlyn E.
Randleman, NC
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I got a coupon from a sample I have received a while back and  i bought the 4lb bag it ended up being less than $4 with the coupon. My dogs absolutely love this especially my oldest one whose about a 13-15 year old retriever lab mix. This dog food can be expensive if you don't have a coupon, but I thin it's worth it. My dogs get very excited when they see they have a new type of dog food to try. They end up eating more than they should because they love it so much.
Tyra B.
Riverview, FL
I recently had the opportunity to try a free sample of this dog food for my honest opinion. Thank you, Purina Dog Chow!
What I feel you should know about this product; It's crafted in the USA, made with real chicken and without artificial flavors, colors or preservatives, several vitamins and minerals are included for a balanced nutrition and my three dogs loved it! It also comes in a variety of bag sizes which is great for those multi-dog homes. The price point is affordable in all sizes too.
What I didn't love about this product and quite frankly is the reason for my ranking of stars. The first ingredient is corn, an inexpensive and controversial cereal grain. The third ingredient is corn gluten meal, more corn. Although it provides energy and protein, it is only modest in it's nutritional value to our four legged family members. The second ingredient, chicken by-product meal...is what's left over at the chicken slaughterhouse. Feet, beaks, pretty much anything except feathers. Although high in protein, again an inexpensive lower quality ingredient than meat. The fourth ingredient is a generic animal fat label, sadly this can be anything from roadkill to euthanized animals. I would prefer a named source. The fifth is soybean meal, contains protein and is also a lower value than meat. The sixth is wheat, another grain like the corn listed above. Finally, the seventh is the chicken meat that's discussed on the label. Being this low on the ingredients list, it most likely isn't more than a minimal part of the protein content. The eighth is rice, aside from caloric energy it has little nutritional value for dogs. The only other two ingredients I would like to point out is the garlic and menadione. Both have been linked to red blood cell issues in dogs. Do your own research and weigh the potential benefits against the possible threats.
The bottom line is this dog food has many positives and just a few areas of concern. My overall opinion is it's an affordable choice for an all natural dry dog food kibble. I would recommend this product to friends.
Virag M.
Brooklyn, NY
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
One of my dogs like it she eats almost everything, the other one who is a picky eater doesn't. I know my picky eater dog only eats high quality delicious food. She knows which one is good and which one is not. So that's why I gave 3 stars only, I definitely won't buy this dog food for them anymore because it would be a waste. [product:purina-dog-chow-natural-plus-vitamins-&-minerals-dog-food-4-lb.-bag]
Amber L.
Cottage Grove, MN
I had received a sample of this and my dog loved it. Since then I have bought a few bags and he can't wait to eat it. My dog can be a picky eater, but not with this food. He is a 5 year old Lhasa Apso/Bichon mix. You can find it at Target
Carmela C.
Pet Lover Expert Level 2
I have two dogs (both females) and they have picky tendency when choosing the brand of dry dog food. Both dogs seem to like the dog food, but as long a my smaller dog can chew the kibbles she is satisfied. I would recommend this brand of dry dog food by Purina.
Ashli P.
Pearsall, TX
My dog will eat this food brand, but, his most favorite is gravy train. Purina is also a good source of everything your dog needs to stay healthy and strong. I bought it at Walmart and I would buy again if needed.
Amanda P.
Chattanooga, TN
My 1 year old Aussie/German Shepherd mix loves this food I would say it's definitely his favorite and it's not expensive either he can have a sensitive stomach sometimes but he doesn't with this I would recommend this product
Xuan C.
Pet Lover Expert Level 2
Does anyone have a problem with any Purina dog chow where your dog/pup ends up with diarrhea?
Tiffany G.
Pasadena, TX
Price
Amber M.
Pottstown, PA
Does anyone know if any of the ingredients listed are water sufficient for food processing
Kristina J.
Spring, TX
My 2 dogs love this dog food. My question is does it come in a bigger bag and how do I get coupons for it?