Pureology Strength Cure Shampoo

by Pureology

#7 in Shampoo

Gentle, concentrated and sulfate free, Strength Cure Shampoo for damaged hair helps fortify micro-scarred color-treated hair and provides a velvety-soft finish, while the soothing blend of lavender, honey, peach and vanilla consume the senses.

How To Use:

Apply a quarter-sized amount to wet hair and lather. Rinse. Repeat if necessary. For best results, follow with Strength Cure Condition.

AQUA/WATER/EAU, SODIUM COCOYL ISETHIONATE, SODIUM LAURYL SULFOACETATE, DISODIUM LAURETH SULFOSUCCINATE, SODIUM LAUROYL SARCOSINATE, COCO-BETAINE, GLYCOL DISTEARATE, GLYCERETH-26, DECYL GLUCOSIDE, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE, SODIUM ISETHIONATE, COCONUT ACID, PPG-5-CETETH-20, DIVINYLDIMETHICONE/DIMETHICONE COPOLYMER, POLYQUATERNIUM-7, AMODIMETHICONE, CARBOMER, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, POLYQUATERNIUM-10, PEG-55 PROPYLENE GLYCOL OLEATE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, C11-15 PARETH-7, BENZOIC ACID, LAURETH-9, GLYCERIN, TOCOPHEROL, OLEA EUROPAEA OIL/OLIVE FRUIT OIL, CAMELINA SATIVA OIL/CAMELINA SATIVA SEED OIL, TRIDECETH-12, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS SEED EXTRACT/SUNFLOWER SEED EXTRACT, SODIUM BENZOATE, C12-13 PARETH-23, BENZYL ALCOHOL, COUMARIN, GERANIOL, C12-13 PARETH-3, HYDROLYZED VEGETABLE PROTEIN PG-PROPYL SILANETRIOL, ARGININE, 2-OLEAMIDO-1,3-OCTADECANEDIOL, POLY(LINSEED OIL), BENZOPHENONE-4, CI 14700/RED 4, METHYLCHLOROISOTHIAZOLINONE, HAEMATOCOCCUS PLUVIALIS/ HAEMATOCOCCUS PLUVIALIS EXTRACT, METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, MELANIN, CI 15510/ORANGE 4, Astaxanthin, ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS LEAF EXTRACT/ROSEMARY LEAF EXTRACT, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, CITRIC ACID

Does this product work well for swimmers frequently exposed to chlorine?
Does this work for dry frizzy hair??
Does this shampoo work aaa well as everyone says it does? I need a good shampoo, and one that covers my whole head and doesn’t leave a film!
Start your review of Pureology Strength Cure Shampoo!
Shianne P.
Fair Oaks, CA
Pureology Strength Cure Shampoo uploaded by Shianne P.
I used to use this brand religiously for my hair so I was ecstatic to try this strength cure for my hair. I have color treated purple hair that’s long and in need of love given the treatment it’s been given this year (color, pool, uv and heat). It has a pink tint to it and smells amazing! I absolutely love the way it smells and i like that it lathers very well! I have used a couple weeks now and can only give it 3 stars. I didn’t notice that the shampoo did anything to help the strength of my hair but it did give me dandruff :/ I found myself having to wash more frequently than I normally would. My hair does smell amazing after each use. Maybe my scalp is more sensitive during pregnancy so I can’t say I wouldn’t recommend just not for me particularly.
Alley S.
Citrus Hts, CA
Pureology Strength Cure Shampoo uploaded by Alley S.
I have very thin fine hair that's even thinning more from health issues. My hair gets very oily very fast. Currently I have split dye hair. So one side is bleached blonde, other light brown. I am I licensed cosmetologist, so I've tried my fair share of protien and bond repairing products. I have to say the Pureology Cure shampoo is my favorite product in this lineup that I tried. The lather is so rich, feels very luxe. You do not need much. For me, I always overuse too much product for my short hair. But for everyday consumers who are paying alot for a high end shampoo, it's important that this product is so concentrated meaning the bottle will last longer and is a better investment. The scent I really like. I am very picky and reactive to scents in products as I easily get sick and migraines from any scent that's too deep or musky. This is a very fresh, clean and lightweight scent with a little bit of fruity bubbly note to it. Almost like a champagne but in a fresh way. The scent made my hair smell clean and beautiful even for two days after I washed it. But it's in no way overpowering or questionable to where it could offend those who also have issues being reactive to scents. Because half my head is bleached recently, it's feeling dry, textured, frizzy and definitely needs some TLC. This Pureology Cure Shampoo definitely helped immediately soften my hair without weighing it down. Usually, if a shampoo is too hydrating and not cleansing enough, my hair will still feel dirty and immediately fall limp and look oily. This isn't the case at all. This shampoo has just enough moisture and enough cleansing where my hair still had volume, didn't feel stripped at all but felt clean. I can tell a difference between using my Verb volume shampoo vs this Pureology shampoo that the bleached side of my hair looks way more healthy and less stressed out, regardless of what conditioner I decide to pair with it. My ends do look less frayed and no longer snag if I run my hands thru my hair. My hair immediately feels softer using this shampoo vs other shampoos I am currently using. I would definitely recommend this shampoo to clients and friends of mine who color treat their hair or over use heat tools. Great for almost all hair types.
Julie S.
Pureology Strength Cure Shampoo uploaded by Julie S.
I love, love, love this product! Not only does it smell so nice (not only is it a great smell) it isn't overpowering and for those who are sensitive to smells-especially perfume type scents-it totally will not make you want to wash your hair right away with another shampoo just to get the smell out!! I don't often use conditioner as my hair is very thin and gets greasy very easily,, so i tried the system with just the shampoo and loved that when I brushed out my hair (which usually gets super knotty and tangly and sucks to brush out sans use of conditioner) it wasn't a full on battle to get it brushed out nicely! My one complaint is that I with the "shampoo" word on the bottle was either bigger, bolder, or a different color OR that they made the bottles distinguishly different-say making the flat part of the nozzle be on the bottom of the bottle for shampoo and that the flat nozzle for the conditioner would be on the top. The font and size is too similar to easily distinguish the shampoo from the conditioner bottle!
Chrissy B.
Columbia, SC
Pureology Strength Cure Shampoo uploaded by Chrissy B.
I love this shampoo. It smells good, and is safe for color treated hair. It is moisturizing, so with my oily hair, I have to wash every other day with this particular shampoo. It leaves my hair soft and reduces frizz. I received this as a complimentary trial and all opinions are my own.
Angela S.
Staten Island, NY
Pureology Strength Cure Shampoo uploaded by Angela S.
Pureology Strength Cure Shampoo uploaded by Angela S.
I love Pureology as a brand. The strength cure Shampoo smells amazing, it's a sweet fruity scent. My hair was shinier and smoother after first use. My hair is long thin and a little wavy, I did notice that it's straighter when I use this shampoo but very soft, no tangles. I imagine that if your hair is very curly and thick, it would relax it a bit. Happy I received this product to try and I would recommend.
Amber B.
Kingsport, TN
Pureology Strength Cure Shampoo uploaded by Amber B.
I really, really like this shampoo. Even though I only wash my hair every 5-7 days, it lathered up very nicely and got my hair clean on the first wash. My previous shampoo, I had to wash twice to get a good lather and to get my hair clean. It makes my hair so soft & detangled. And it also smells absolutely amazing!! Definitely recommend this shampoo to everyone, no matter hair type.
Janine M.
Pureology Strength Cure Shampoo uploaded by Janine M.
Pureology Strength Cure Shampoo uploaded by Janine M.
Influenster sent this Pureology Strength Cure shampoo to test out for my fair and honest review and I am wowed by this shampoo. It smells great in a very subtle tropical fruit way. It lathers really nicely. It left my color treated hair clean and didn’t strip the color at all. I’ve been looking for a shampoo that is good for color treated hair and this shampoo is exactly what I have been looking for. It’s great and I will be purchasing this shampoo after I use up this tester I was sent. A+
JULIE S.
Mesa, AZ
Pureology Strength Cure Shampoo uploaded by JULIE S.
This is the first time I have ever used this product and was extremely excited to try it thanks to Influenster! After the first use, my hair and scalp felt amazing. My hair felt clean and refreshed with no buildup. It brought some life back into my damaged hair. After using for a couple weeks, I can see a difference in the texture of my hair. I think this changed my routine and I want to continue to use.
Amber G.
Aurora, MO
Pureology Strength Cure Shampoo uploaded by Amber G.
So I want to start with saying I am in cosmetology school, so when I come to using shampoo, I'm very picky. I love this shampoo to use for maybe one wash a week. It does seem to give my hair more strength, and my white blonde ends have not turned brassy, so that's a plus. I would recommend using once/twice a week so you don't add too much protien into your hair. This can lead to breakage. Add a small amount of shampoo to your hair, dime to a quarter size, and lather from roots to ends. Rinse and finish with pureology conditioner.
Kellie S.
Mount Laurel, NJ
Pureology Strength Cure Shampoo uploaded by Kellie S.
I am a hair colorist and stylist. Purology has always been one of my favorite product lines for color/chemically treated hair. I am looking forward to seeing how this line works on a few of my clients who have hair that could use some tlc ✂️ But, first and foremost, I was excited to try this line on my own hair, after just having a baby recently I felt like my hair hasn’t been as full and thick as it was during and before my pregnancy, my texture has also been so coarse & dry feeling, I have been trying to give my hair a rest from chemical treatments and color, and it still doesn’t have the shine, lustre, and softness that I feel it once had. I tried this shampoo, conditioner and treatment the other night, and I was immediately impressed by the lather and scent. It’s a soft luxurious lather, that made my hair texture (even wet) feel smoother following just one shampoo. I noticed that I have been shedding like crazy every time I washed and conditioned my hair, and following this shampoo I felt like I lost significantly less hair. The conditioner didn’t weigh my hair down, and was thick and left my hair feeling super moisturized, but it wasn’t too heavy, and it didn’t weigh my hair down and flatten it at the root. For my hair type which is wavy and thick. I have always believed that you know you have found a great combination of cleansing and leave-in products, when you can toss aside the blow dryer allow your hair to air-dry. My hair felt so sufficiently hydrated, after using the shampoo, conditioner and the new filler treatment spray. I was able to avoid styling with hot-tools, & just scrunch to add texture while damp. My hair was perfection after air drying. Using a good shampoo and conditioner and leave in treatment like these, saved me the time of blow drying and saved my hair from more heat damage. I am always partial to discovering products to use on myself and my hair clients that have the ingredients that improve the look, & texture while making styling times as low maintence as possible. This line & particularly the 3 products, purology sent me, provided my hair the foundation to air dry beautifully, and all I had to do was scrunch it while damp, to activate my natural wave and texture, the products tackled my frizz, softened & maintained the body, and the shine I needed for an effortless result.
Received complimentary sample from Influenster
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Lucy K.
il y a 2 mois
Stacey M. il y a 2 mois
For the price, I'd buy It's A 10 instead. Same price point, but I think It's A 10 is a better brand. Both are gentle on hair, though.