BY PURE SILK #2 in Shaving Creams & Gels

Pure Silk Shave Cream
  • "Oh my goodness, I normally just use anything that I may have in my bathroom cabinet, even shampoo, but lately have been using coconut oil, because of my sensitive skin." in 32 reviews
Jennifer P.
Sacramento, CA
Wellness Guru Expert
Sometimes shave creams can be TOO poufy and it feels like it's getting in the way of the razor. Not with this stuff. It's nice and emollient and lets the razor do its job without getting in the way, yet my legs are nice and silky afterward. And you CANNOT beat the price of this product! A bonus for me is that it's not too smelly, either. I hate when my shave creams or gets compete with my perfume. These smell pleasant in the shower, without getting in the way of your favorite scented lotion or oil that you want to apply afterward. Because who wants to smell like their shave cream?! I mean, am I going to rub this stuff all over my body to get a consistent scent? No, I don't think so. So, thanks Pure Silk for working great, being cost-effective, and not competing with my perfumes and lotions.
Kerry D.
The price was affordable, and overall it is a decent product for the retail cost. This lathered well and I received great results. So why am I disappointed? Upon using this product the can stopped working and I knew it wasn't empty because I could feel the weight of the shaving gel still inside. I was probably only able to use 2/3 of the product before it stopped using. This had happened twice before I discontinued purchasing it. Recommending is a difficult decision while it's a great product and I like the variety of scents, I don't like feeling "cheated" by an inability to use the entire product.
Ashiah W.
Baton Rouge, LA
Wellness Guru Expert
I love pure silk raspberry most with aloe shave cream. I usually don't do shave cream but ever since I started using pure silk I will not shave with anything else. I love the smell,love the aloe,love the way it makes my skin feels after shaving with it. Not very expensive I got mine from the dollar tree... I usually shave like every other day and most shaving cream makes my underarms burn after shaving so that's why I just never used it I used soap or shower Gel but not anymore.. Don't need a lot just a little bit and shave and your done.. Makes my legs feel so smooth and soft.
Bailey C.
Clarksville, TN
I had a hard time rating this product, not because it is a bad product but because I have used so many other products like it. I got this at target when I was in a rush and didn't want to browse over all my options. I have used it now about 10 times... It's your average shave cream... The smell is very nice and it for sure helps the razor glide across my legs. There was just nothing special about it, it didn't moisturize my legs, prevent razor burn or anything extra. But next time I'm in a rush and don't want to soend much money I will reach for this again.
Lori Y.
Girard
I love this stuff!!! It very affordable and easily found in almost any drug store or supermarket. I usually wait for sales with coupons and stock up. I use the extra moisturizing variety. I use it about 3 times per week and am able to only spray on some dry oil afterward and I have no shave bumps or razor burn. I even use this in my bikini area and some creams have a menthol feel to them and can be uncomfortable there, this has none of that and I actually have LESS razor bumps there when I use this cream. Loyal customer
Hannah C.
Lafayette, LA
Originally I tried Pure Silk because it was cheap. I figured if all the top end shaving creams weren't going to work right, I might as well just go with a cheaper brand. To my surprise Pure Silk worked REALLY well for me. I get much better results when I use this shaving cream than other more fancy brands. I've got no idea why this is, as Pure Silk doesn't seem significantly different from other brands. But I'm not going to argue with my body about this, if my skin likes Pure Silk that's what I'm going to get!
Liz J.
I have been using other brands of shaving cream for a while but decided, since it was on sale, I would give this one a try. I was really disappointed. It did smell good, but the foam was really light and didn't spread well on my legs, and left my legs feeling dry after using it. I usually have very soft legs after shaving. I was just disappointed. It wasn't as good as I remember, and I think it's worth the money to splurge on my favorite brands that leave me feeling confident and smooth!
Britny H.
Lakeview, MI
This stuff is heavenly for me. I have such sensitive skin but also very dry especially in winter so this is my go to product that i use and it leaves my skin nice hydrated and smooth. You can buy this almost at any store or offline. A thing of this usually lasts me almost all winter because yes i dont shave my legs that offten in the winter eww gross i know but ooh well. Its very affordable which i love, works very well for my kind of skin and it does the job id give this a 5 out of 5.
Val Z.
San Benito, TX
Wellness Guru Expert
Pure Silk has always been my go to for shaving my legs. For a decent affordable price it works good. It leaves your legs feeling soft and silky. They have different types to choose from as in everyone is different. Might I say it smells good! I love that these cans are rust proof. You can always count on your can to be looking the same as you bought it. 8oz usually lasts my around a month or 2. Great for road trips or if you just need something this is definitely a good buy.
Chalsey J.
Fond Du Lac, WI
I absolutely love this stuff! The cherry blossom is my favorite! It smells so good! I love the way it dispenses out of the container, the bottle lasts a long time. It works really, really well to get a nice, clean and smooth shave. I use it anywhere I shave! I purchased it at Walmart and it is extremely reasonably priced! It makes shaving fun :) it also makes me feel clean, prevents razor bumps or burn and leaves my skin sooo soft :) the smell is seriously my favorite, too!
Cindy S.
Cortland, NY
What is your favorite scent/formula?
Jessica P.
Deansboro, NY
Does anyone like this as much as Skintimate?
Shaunna D.
Pine bush, Ny
How often do you shave your legs?
Diane N.