BY PURE LEAF #6 in Matcha

Pure Leaf Pure Matcha Tea uses the finest Tencha green leaves from shade-grown Japanese tea plants, specially cultivated for matcha. Pure Matcha has a smooth, earthy taste. This tea is a perfect beverage choice for in the morning, afternoon, or evening.

Brewing instructions: Boil 8 fluid ounces of water. Pour 2 fluid ounces over 1 serving of Matcha. Whisk until dispersed. Add remaining water and whisk.

Brews 12 servings of Pure Leaf Pure Matcha Tea per jar.

• Is it really worth the hype? I hear so much good things a...9 Answers
  • Where is this sold?4 Answers
  • Love this tea when I try it from Starbucks. I would love ...8 Answers
Pure Leaf Pure Matcha Tea

Start your review of Pure Leaf Pure Matcha Tea!

How would you rate this product?
Did you forget to choose a rating for your review?
Kuna, ID
I'm not a matcha tea drinker but I did get this for free and so I gave it a try.. isnt wasnt horrible at all. It was bright but too earthy for me. I dont know if I'm the right person to say how to improve it or what to compare it to. I personally wouldnt buy it but I know lots of friends who love it.
Las Vegas , NV
I just received this tea free and complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes. It came in my Vox Box and today is the first time I had a opportunity to try Pure Leaf tea. I often would see this tea at my local grocery store or target but I always preferred my bigelow or Lipton tea . I like that it comes with 12 little packets that are compact enough to carry in your purse to take on the go. I would definitely keep these for when I’m dining at a restaurant and want tea. Pure Leaf Matcha uses the finest Tencha green leaves Japan and has a smooth, earthy taste.
With origins in Buddhist tea ceremonies, Matcha is traditionally whisked and not infused to preserve its subtle flavor.
Matcha uses the finest Tencha green leaves from shade-grown Japanese tea plants. The leaves are then ground into a fine powder to make a culinary grade matcha.
Picked from Rainforest Alliance Certified tea estates around the world, each blend with its own unique flavor, characteristic of its geography
For the best taste experience, boil 8 fluid ounces of water. Pour 2 fluid ounces over 1 serving of Matcha. Whisk until dispersed. Add remaining water and whisk.
I have to get pass the green color and it’s a very strong potent taste. It has a potent acquired taste. I like more flavorful fruity teas and wasn’t expecting this to have a bland taste. I put honey and extra sugar and it still didn’t help. I will still drink the tea because I don’t want to waste it but in the future I don’t think it’s something I would drink for tea. maybe overtime I can grow to like it but for now it’s just not my cup of tea.
La Crosse, WI
Overall, it’s a decent product. There are some areas of improvement that could be addressed for future batches however...

Firstly, this isn’t anything spectacular. I prefer the plain over the ginger (and I love ginger!)—the latter is bitter. Both taste better in coconut milk (hot or cold)—this particular matcha powder is not strong or smooth enough for just water. If you want to try it in just water, I’d recommend cutting the ounces of water in half (4-6oz) so that you can actually taste it. Full disclosure: much smoother/less bitter matcha is widely available at stores, and generally comes in small jars.

The packaging is excessive and wasteful for the amount of matcha, and will need to find a way to repurpose the jars or recycle them; it’s hard to believe that so much plastic was used for so little matcha—and as a consumer, it is a red flag that consumers are paying for packaging, and not product. Additionally, some may be put off that there isn’t a tear notch on the tea sachets...on the go, finding a pair of scissors isn’t exactly easy.

Rochester, NY
Pleasantly surprised. I made Pure Leaf Pure Matcha Tea with the intention of adding it to a smoothie. Of course I sipped it before I disguised the taste with my blender and almond milk. I was expecting a very bitter taste, and instead my lips were greeted with what tasted very smooth!! This was my husbands first experience EVER with matcha and his reaction was, “it looks and smells like dirty fish tank water” so I doubt he will ever (willingly) try it. I’m pretty confident I can hide this in other foods. This is my second experience with matcha. I was very hesitant to try this as my first impression with the latte I had at Starbucks was a HUGE let down!! But this gave me hope to keep trying it!
Princeton, NJ
I tested this complimentary tea that I received from Influenster for this first time this afternoon, and as a fairly consistent tea-drinker (though not an expert!), I have to say that I'm not particularly impressed. I had high expectations based on the nice packaging and detailed instructions that came with the tea, but the tea sachets itself proved difficult to make and wound up with an extremely grainy texture at the bottom of the mug. The matcha did not wind up foamy and smooth as some matcha I have tried in cafes. I imagine that most people do not own a whisk small enough to fit all the way inside the bottom of a mug, as I would have needed to get rid of all the graininess in this formulation. However, I do look forward to attempting to make this again in a different mug that has a much wider base, more like a bowl shape. Otherwise, this tea is not particularly convenient to make.
Three stars for decent taste and potential for improvement with practice!  Pure Leaf Pure Matcha Tea
O Fallon, MO
I love matcha and I have bought a lot of it in my days- this stuff is high quality and earthy and perfectly pre portioned packets of this magic green tea powder! I love the fresh smell and when I bloomed it after whisking it I made the perfect green tea latè.
I think this is great because it has such a lovely balanced flavor and it brews so smooth and creamy.
I would absolutely buy this and keep it on hand for a green tea at work or even culinary uses! Can you say Green tea icing for cinnamon buns? If you are not sure of the process of making your own matcha this is a great place to start. You don’t need a fancy matcha bamboo whisk- any kitchen one will do, but the fun for me is in the ceremony.
Any way you brew it- this is some of the best matcha I have had! Thank you for sending me this amazing product to try! #contest #complimentary #PureLeafHomeBrew @Influenster @PureLeaf
Porterville, CA
Being someone that loves to drink matcha, this was a nice one to try. I love the individual packaging so you get the right amount to take with you on the go, no fumbling with extra utensils. One thing I did notice is it doesn’t mix quite as well without the whisk. But it does pretty good. The flavoring is perfect though. Just as the ones you would get from the Asian markets. The price is great too, considering you are getting 12 drinks per container. I’ve seen this at Target for 7.99 and that’s pretty good for the convenience of it too. Will continue to buy. Thanks Influenster for the trial! Pure Leaf Pure Matcha Tea
Philadelphia, PA
I loooove green tea—I have many tea varieties and extracts—but this was my first time trying matcha (complimentary from Influenster!) and I'm in love. The original flavor is great and not diluted by other ingredients, but I also loved the ginger flavor, which has a zing to it without the ginger being overpowering. Did some research on the health benefits of matcha—antioxidants, energy, weight loss—so I'm excited to see what I notice after drinking this for a while. Pure Leaf Pure Matcha Tea
Central City, IL
This was my first time trying matcha tea and I really liked it. At first I didn't think I was going to like it because of how strong it smelled in the package. When I tried It, it wasn't very strong at all. It has a very pleasant taste and doesn't have an unpleasant aftertaste like I thought it would. I can see my self buying this tea. #PureLeafHomeBrew #Contest @influenster @PureLeaf

I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.
Fort Worth, TX
I received this as part of a vox box for review. I am a regular matcha drinker- and not just that sugar loaded powder from Starbucks because that stuff doesn't count! I like to add mine to my Breville milk frothing device because it will whisk and froth it for me. It doesn't have any sugar in it, so if that's your jam you should add it. Maybe in simple syrup form? It's got a nice amount of caffeine for an afternoon pick me up without making me feel jittery. I love that it comes in individual packets so you can just throw one in your purse and take it to go!!
Hemet, CA
Is it really worth the hype? I hear so much good things about this!how does it taste? Hmnmm..
Love this tea when I try it from Starbucks. I would love to try it! Is it hard to mix?
Pineville, LA

Pure Leaf Pure Matcha Tea

If you have an existing Rakuten account, make sure to enter your Rakuten email