BY PURE LEAF #41 in Tea

Pure Leaf Iced Green Tea with Citrus uses mildly smoky, single origin Indonesian green tea blended with bold bursts of natural citrus flavors and real pieces of oranges. The rolled green tea leaves with real orange pieces and blades of lemongrass and rosehips delivers an extraordinarily refreshing iced green tea with a tart citrus flavor.

Brewing instructions:

Place one pyramid tea bag into a 12-14 ounce glass. Bring water to a boil and let cool slightly. Pour six ounces into the glass and brew for 2 minutes. Squeeze teabag and remove. Add six ounces of ice.

Brews 16 servings of Pure Leaf Iced Green Tea with Citrus per jar.

• How do you all make your green tea!? Hot? Cold? Add anything to i...9 Answers
  • Poll: do you like this one or the black tea with vanilla better?17 Answers
  • Where can I find this item locally?7 Answers
Buy on Walmart*
Cristina M.
Hackensack, NJ
I got this as a sample during the New York Wine and Food Festival. I was a little skeptical because I never enjoyed the pre-packaged iced teas this brand carried when it first came out. I figured to try it when I got home and to my surprise, it was actually pretty good. I put this in room temperature water and let it seep for a little longer than in hot water, and to my surprise, the flavors came out pretty well. Not all tea bags can seep well unless in hot water, and this proves it to be great even without the hot water. I seeped it again for a second cup, and the distinct citrus flavor is still there. I would repurchase.
Emmie H.
Summerville, SC
Suzanne X.
First off, I would like to thank Pure Leaf and Influenster for sending me box of Pure Leaf Iced Green Tea with Citrus with 16 pyramid tea bags to try out.

Don't let the box fool you into thinking that you can only have this tea iced, you can have it hot as well! Most of the time, I do enjoy my tea hot, so at first, I was worried that I would have to make this tea iced in order to enjoy it. However, even in the instructions, it recommends pouring boiling water over one pyramid bag and let it steep for 2 minutes before removing the tea bag. At this point, you can enjoy your hot tea beverage, or if you prefer, you can fill the glass with ice and then stir. Also, if you don't mind waiting, you can always just leave the hot tea in the freezer or fridge and let it cool that way.

However, since I prefer my tea hot, I decided to go ahead and drink it after I let the tea bag steep for a minute or two. For those of you who like it a bit sweeter, I recommend adding in a tiny teaspoon of sugar. Otherwise, drinking it as is perfectly fine as well.

So the first thing I noticed was the fragrant citrusy scent, and was delightedly surprised at the cute pyramid bag that encompasses the tea leaves. The quality of the aromatic green tea yearns me to return for one sip after the other.

Knowing that this Pure Leaf tea is Rainforest Alliance Certified just adds to the fact that I love the tea more and more. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed this complimentary tea sample, and I would definitely stock up on some more Pure Leaf varieties in the future. I can't wait to try the Black Tea with Vanilla; I imagine that one would be equally as delightful!
Amber T.
Greenfield, IN
Received this free in my PINCHMe box. I'm a tea drinker but have never been into green tea. I actually was not wanting to try it but knew I had to. I put it off until I got notice my review was due. It was super easy to make. Pretty much like making hot tea and then you pour over ice. I actually loved the flavor. Will be buying as soon as I can find it.
Ashley S.
Upon opening this I was hit with the scent of green tea. Which I'd say is a good thing, seeing as that's what this is. The citrus, which seemed more orange than anything else, was a secondary scent when just smelling it in the container. As soon as the teabag hit the water all I could smell was lemongrass. As the tea steeped the lemongrass mellowed out, but it's still the main thing I smell. I don't notice the orange in the scent much at all once steeping. Once brewed and iced the overall flavor is mild on the green tea end and very noticeably lemongrass-y. I can't say that I was a huge fan. It felt more like I was drinking weak lemongrass than I was drinking green tea with citrus. Also the color isn't the most appealing thing in the world. I honestly was hoping for more of a green tea flavor. I may try this hot at some point too, so I can see how the flavor differs between hot and cold.

I will also say that I'm not a huge fan of the whole making hot tea and then pouring it over ice. It's not like it's a crazy extra step or anything. It's just an extra step that I don't want to do. I'm honestly just a sun tea kind of girl when I want iced tea. So really, it's just a personal preference.

I do feel that the price is decent, especially for a higher end feeling bagged tea, some may feel differently. If you are use to buying bagged tea, the price may seem high for how many bags you are getting. Personally for me, I'm just not in love with this tea. Now that's not to say that Pure Leaf doesn't make some great stuff, because they do. I love their bottled iced teas as well as their Black Tea with Vanilla and Black Tea with Peach. So they do have something for everyone!
Lisa M.
I am so glad I was qualified to review Pure Leaf Iced Green Tea with Citrus! I am fairly new to expanding my horizon with teas and was glad to try something new.I had tried cold Pure Leaf tea when they first started selling individually in coolers among stores in my area. I enjoyed the tea, as I do most teas, even though I had tried teas previously that I enjoyed more. However, get this: This tea is Rainforest Alliance Certified! If you aren't sure what that means, definitely research it! I am so proud of this company for choosing what's best for people while selling a great product.Now for the actual product review.Upon opening the container, I was hit with the wonderfully bursting citrus scent. I also found the idea of placing the whole tea leaves in a pyramid tea bag to be really, really cool! I like that the tea is able to breathe and be more open compared to traditional tea bag designs. I like my teas hot generally rather than cold, so to try this tea I steeped it in a cup, pouring hot water over the bag and adding some stevia and honey to the cup. After a couple minutes, I noticed the citrus scent dying down a bit, but not too much. I usually keep my tea bags in the cup while drinking them, but I realized that with this tea, the longer you keep the bag in the cup, the more bitter the tea becomes.In all, I give this tea 4 stars. :)
Courtney B.
Axton, VA
As you can see, the bags are in the shape of a pyramid, which I actually really like as it seems to set better in my cup and it just seems to make more sense to me than the square bags I normally see. Both types of teas also have a very strong herbal smell to them when I opened the containers.

For ICED tea, Green Tea with Citrus. Now, I LOVE Green Teas and this one takes the cake. Its a simple single cup brew and then ice. Ingredients are still simplistic: Green, Orange Leaves, Rosehips, Citric Acid (Provides Tartness), Dried Orange, Lemon Grass, Natural Flavor, and Licorice Root. Indonesia is the country of choice for the leaves of the Green Tea. I could drift away with this one and have added it to my personal arsenal.

Definitely give these a chance if you're looking for a different kind of tea - especially a more natural alternative.
Christa K.
So I qualified for the voxbox that this tea + the black tea with vanilla came in, and I was so, so excited. I'm still excited because I haven't tried the black yet! I tried this one first because green tea is honestly my favorite kind of tea. I've loved many of green teas in the past, especially with citrus.

My first thought after I brewed this was admittedly: this smells like dish soap. It was probably because all I could smell was lemon. It's a very powerful citrus.

In flavor, this tea is very demanding. Where most green teas are typically kind of weak no matter how long you let it steep—because it's just not a bold kind of tea—this one has a kick to it even after just a few minutes of steeping. I don't put sugar in my tea often tbh, but with this one, I kind of needed it because it was so powerful. Also if you let it steep too long, it quickly becomes unpleasantly bitter. This was definitely my fault as I tend to leave my green tea bags IN the cup while I'm drinking it. I don't recommend it.

Overall, it is a good tea but be prepared for a very bold flavor, like borderline bitter right from the get-go. A little sugar won't hurt, even if you're like me and rarely put sugar in your tea. It's not my favorite green tea I've ever had, I won't lie, but I won't be suffering as I drink the rest from my jar hahah.
Eve T.

Both teas I received were good in terms of taste but  my preference went to
the Green Tea with Citrus over the Black Tea with Vanilla.  They are Rain Forest
Alliance Certified, of an Indonesian  type of green tea or from India in Assam
black tea.   I tried them hot and cold, with honey, sugar, plain, black tea with
milk, refrigerated and with ice, regular strength and diluted over a longer
time to see my impression.  For my own health and item I was likely to buy on my
own and to combine better with my food choices, I feel my purchase in the future
will be the Green Tea with Citrus.   It contained Lemongrass and the other
person drinking it has an acid condition, so the dried orange also made sense.
It does have Licorice Root though not sure how much and they have major health
issues and age, so of course I drink it more often.  I do not remember the
health condition the Licorice affects or if it has interactions, but it was only
half a cup within a time they had digestive problems.  Therefore, it was not
problematic.  The Black Tea with Vanilla is within a range I often find in
brands so  may be of interest to others but I did not like it with honey.  It
has a pyramid type of bag which is stronger than the usual types and so it was
made in a French coffee press of several types, in a drip coffee maker, and just
poured into a mug or tea cup with heated water.  I found it still worked with
being less in strength. My two reviews will be the same except for the rating.  This one is higher as I have tasted over many years and types of green tea and wanted a similar product which I already was shopping for. I also received this from Influenster to try and taste as a sample though it was a full package size.
Francis S.
Influenster sent this free to try in my latest vox box. I was looking forward to this as hopefully a different way to incorporate green tea into my drink regimen since I'm not a fan of standalone hot green tea. I followed the instructions (steep for 2 minutes in 6 oz boiling water then add 6 oz of ice after removing bag) and also added 3 sugar packets while I had the tea bag steeping in hot water. You can definitely smell the citrus notes, from the package, to the steeping process, to after it's ready with ice and taste notes of lemon grass. Per ingredients: green tea, orange leaves, rosehips, citric acid (provides tartness), dried orange, lemon grass, natural flavor, licorice root. It definitely tastes similar to other iced green tea drinks I've had so it's not horrific but just not my favorite flavor profile in the world. I will try my next cup with another sugar packet (I know I know... lol). Now if I compare just buying a bottle of iced green tea, I would buy the bottle instead of this tea if the ingredients were comparable solely because this takes a little time to make. That said, I'll still use the rest of this because it's decent. Thanks Influenster.
Haare O.
N Las Vegas, NV
Poll: do you like this one or the black tea with vanilla better?
Anna H.
Does anyone else not add sugar to there tea like me?
Lasha C.
Eglin Afb, FL
How do you all make your green tea!? Hot? Cold? Add anything to it??
Crystal S.
Fayetteville, PA
Where can I find this item locally?
Megan C.
Somerset, KY
Does anyone else feel like this tea has an incredibly weak taste?