BY PURE LEAF #36 in Tea

Brewing instructions:

Brews 16 servings of Pure Leaf Black Tea with Vanilla per jar.

• I absolutely love tea and not to mention Pure Leaf products. I've b...2 Answers
  • What do think about drinking a little more coffee and deciding that...2 Answers
  • Is the vanilla flavor strong?7 Answers
Buy on Target*
Jennifer D.
Jennifer D.
Rosamond, CA
This tea is a nice light black tea that isn't too strong for beginning tea drinkers. I love black tea so I was really excited for a black tea to try. I got this (complimentary) from influenster in a box along with another one. Now, as a disclaimer of my own, I usually dislike (intensely) vanilla in my tea. It's overpowering and doesn't let you taste almost anything else. This one was not very different from that so if you love vanilla, it's definitely the tea for you. I put white sugar and a splash of milk in mine to make it better. I didn't hate it. It was pretty good. Putting my loathing of vanilla in tea aside, it's a good sip. I have one thing to say about the ingredients though - for a Pure Leaf tea, why am I seeing "natural flavors" in the list? I dislike when that happens because I don't want flavors added if I can manage it because as a person who suffers from a stomach disorder, those "natural flavors" can cause stomach upsets. I'm hopeful I won't end up sick but I will throw it out there in case others have the same problem. Overall, I'd definitely recommend and I enjoyed it. Well done!

Ashley S.
Ashley S.
This is a lovely, easy to drink tea! The vanilla is fragrant and apparent as soon as you open the jar. It's that perfect vanilla scent that is welcoming and warm. Once steeped you can still smell the vanilla. Overall it's a nice, mellow black tea with a hint of vanilla on the tongue. It's not an over powering tea by any means and the vanilla, while noticeable in smell, doesn't overtake the taste at all. It feels well balanced. I'd say that this is a great tea for people that are looking to get into tea a bit more seriously, but aren't ready to take the dive into loose leaf quite yet. It's also is perfect for when you want a nice cup of tea but don't want the cleanup hassle of loose leaf. While I feel that the price is decent, especially for a higher end feeling bagged tea, some may feel differently. If you are use to buying bagged tea, the price may seem high for how many bags you are getting. I personally really enjoyed this tea and how easy it was to drink and enjoy. It felt very inviting.
Glory A.
Glory A.
I received this tea from influenter complimentary to review and taste in one of their boxes. I am not an everyday tea drinker but I do enjoy a cup of tea, the issue for me is that I dont really like adding anything to the tea so it's difficult to find a tea that you can just drink.like that. Some teas are too powerful and overwhelm in flavors but with the pure leaf I was able to drink my cup of tea without adding sugar, milk (whether dairy or not)
First thing I noticed is the packaging just like any product and I most say I liked.the packaging it was nice that the tea came in a plastic container that keeps them fresh, way better than a cardboard box. Then upon opening I saw the bags they well constructed and for.those.of.You that use a microwave to these bags can be put in there if needed to unlike some other brands that even use staples pure leaf does not. Their bag also allows for the tea to brew more effectively due to the pyramid shape and the material of.the bag.
Next it was time to try this tea. The smell was pleasant. aI can smell the vanilla in it so my first thought was I hope it does not overwhelm the tea and makes it taste bad. I noticed that there are some teas you just can't drink without adding sugar at minimum because they have a bitter taste or one of the ingredients overwhelms it. I was surprised that it actually smell more of vanilla than it taste, I had no problem drinking this tea without sugar or any other additions. I feel like none of the ingredients over powers the others and the blend is quite good. I found a tea I can drink without adding all the crap but I still wanted to taste it by adding sugar and a bit of milk. I put in two spoons of sugar and a bit of milk and it was actually really good. I can say that it was a positive experience trying this tea and I will repurchase this product.
Abby C.
Abby C.
East Moline, IL
I enjoy tea on occasion especially when I am not feeling well or if my throat is feeling scratchy. I especially enjoy a tea that is more sweet than sour/bitter. This tea is just a little bit sweet but not over powering. I enjoyed it with a little bit of honey added as well. I would say that if you are looking for an loose leaf tea bag approach to go ahead and give this a shot. The pyramid bags are pretty neat too! I can see how the design helps to diffuse the tea into the water although the bags are very delicate (I accidentally tore the first one I tried). Other than than that, awesome design. I received this sample for free in exchange for my honest review.
Roisin M.
Roisin M.
Yorktown, VA
Really really yummy! Not usually a fan of black teas but the vanilla really did something for it! Very nice packaging, cute label and really really good flavor! I would definitely buy again! Didn't think I would like it but I was pleasantly surprised.
Melody O.
Melody O.
Coon Rapids, MN
Was not a fan from the breaking of the seal on this. There was a powerful scent I couldn't place. After I brewed my first cup, and was taking my first sip, I was reading the ingredients and had my "aha" moment!!!! There is marigold petals in it, that is the scent I couldn't place. Now, I'm not sure if that is what I don't like about it, or what, but I will try one more cup, this time with a sweetner.
@pureleaf #pureleafhomebrew
@influenster #contest
Got mine free for my opinion
Candi E.
Candi E.
Tastes great and brews up well! Does not leave tongue dry as its a nicr and smoth drink! I wold purchase again!
Terricka H.
Terricka H.
cincinnati, OH
Black tea is a little strong but not this one I think the vanilla helped it a lot. I love the smell the aroma hits you as soon as you open the bottle. It kind of reminds me of a vanilla Ice cream coke float. Good value taste great and it's different from other teas, definitely will buy this often and recommend this to others.

I received this product free from @influenster and @pureleaf to review!
Tanya A.
Tanya A.
Bennington, NE
Received a container of pure leaf black tea with vanilla complimentary for my honest opinion. I was a bit skeptical initially, because I do not care for pure leaf's iced tea. I find it bitter and somewhat sour even. BUT...I was pleasantly surprised. Nice container that is very well sealed to preserve freshness of the leaves. The smell was absolutely delightful! I steeped a bag in a hot mug of water for 2-3 minutes. The smell was heavenly. At first taste I wanted more vanilla...but then realized the suttle hint was perfect! It made the tea rich and smooth without any hint of bitterness. I loved it! Looking forward to another cup, and I would even purchase this after gone! Nice job on this one Pure Leaf!
Dawn C.
Dawn C.
Pure Leaf Black Tea with Vanilla

I love the sweet vanilla smell of this tea. For me , the day that I drink this I feel like I've flushed all my toxins away. I supper love this and definitely gonna buy it again.
Nichole B.
Nichole B.
Memphis, TN
Do you add sugar to the tea
Karen S.
Karen S.
Yvonne H.
Yvonne H.
Summerville, PA
Is the vanilla flavor strong?
Laura O.
Laura O.
Cassandra M.
Cassandra M.
How much vanilla flavor is there? Is it really overpowering?