BY PURE LEAF #18 in Tea

Brewing instructions:

Brews 16 servings of Pure Leaf Black Tea with Vanilla per jar.

• I absolutely love tea and not to mention Pure Leaf produc...2 Answers
  • What do think about drinking a little more coffee and dec...2 Answers
  • Is the vanilla flavor strong?7 Answers
Buy on Target*
karla s.
Grimsley, TN
I really love to drink tea and love looking for new flavors of tea. I was so happy to get a complimentary sample from Influenster in a Voxbox. I used the Black Tea with Vanilla so I made a cup and used one bag of tea to drink. I smelled the tea before i drank it and thought it had a pleasant flavor with it not over powering. As I smelled it, it was very aromatic seeming to relax me before i even drank it. As I drank the cup of tea i really liked the flavor of the vanilla with the black tea and they seemed a great pairing. The tea went down smoothly with no bitter aftertaste. I highly recommend Pure Leaf Black tea with Vanilla to all tea drinkers.
Jasmine B.
I received this tea in my PureLeaf VoxBox. I have tried Pure Leaf's ready made teas, so I was familiar with the brand. The bags were very easy to use. I didn't have to tear open an individual bag to have a cup of tea. Once I dropped a bag into a cup of hot water, I let it since for about 5 minutes. When I came back, I could see that the bag had steeped and produced a warm amber colored tea.

With my first sip, I could taste a slightly smoky flavor (not like tobacco). I added a little honey to smooth it out. I enjoyed this tea. It wasn't overpowering or bitter.
Vianny S.
I received this tea from Influenster as a complimentary gift for review purposes.
I love tea, it is my go to when I need a pick me up, any time of the day. This tea was amazing, I needed a little pick me up while at work and decided to try this, OMG it is great! I put sugar in my tea because I cant do unsweetened, the tea smells good, the taste is amazing not overpowering just perfect. Gives the taste of honey and love it, the combination of black tea and vanilla goes so well together. I tried it hot and my next step will be cold. I totally recommend this tea!
Tiffany K.
carlsbad, NM
I love love love the Pure Leaf tea brand! It's my go to tea. The pyramid tea bags ARE THE COOLEST things ever invented. I really feel like I get the most out of the these tea bags. However, I will say though that the vanilla flavor just wasn't there for me. I didn't taste vanilla at all to be honest... A delicious tea nonetheless. Tip, if you like milk in your tea, try it with a splash of French vanilla coffee creamer. NOW THAT WAS YUMMY. Like a chai tea.... I received this product complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes! Thank you!!!
Mary P.
Niskayuna, NY
I've been a self-proclaimed lover of tea since the days when I was a little 5 year old enjoying a cup of my grandma's trusty Lipton tea with her. Since then, I've certainly enjoyed (and not enjoyed) close to 100 brands, types, and flavors of teas. While this is far from the worst I've tried, I can't really count it among the best. The tea and vanilla flavors were both pretty muted (notice how the 5 star reviews come from people who "don't usually like black tea") no matter how long I allowed the bag to steep. There was something about the brew that just made it taste like the leaves lost their potency so the drink was reminiscent of a black tea with vanilla, but was overall a let down. For those who love black tea and want a more prevalent vanilla flavor, I suggest Bigelow's line of vanilla teas.
Megan D.
Beavercreek, OH
Sometimes I wonder if I was born in the right century or even the right country as I'm a sucker for an afternoon cup of tea or a late night sip to wind down. I've tried hundreds of teas, both bags and loose leaf and this products is such a new concept! I love the pyramid bag and the netting material it is made of. I felt like it really allowed for the tea leaves to be adequately steeped. Black tea is such a fantastic strong-bodied tea that I usually enjoy just the way it is so I was interested to try it with vanilla - a combo I had not thought of. I'll admit, I think that the Vanilla flavoring may have over-powered the simple beauty of the black tea. But overall, its a delicious cup of tea and I'm looking forward to seeing more of this type of bag in the future:)))
Sora I.
To preface this review, I am a frequent tea drinker of both bagged and loose leaf teas, and I never add sugar or milk to my tea.

I drank this one the same way in order to best taste the flavor and did enjoy it, although there is nothing particularly outstanding about it. It essentially tastes like your run-of-the-mill black tea with a hint of vanilla flavor.

However, if you are a big fan of vanilla-flavored teas, you will probably enjoy this one! I always manage to get a few uses out of the teabag (I'm the person who constantly continues pouring hot water over my old teabags to make them last as long as possible), and it will probably taste good cold as well.

I'm planning to use some of the remaining teabags to make milk tea boba for the additional vanilla flavor!
Natasha J.
Orange, VA
Currently trying this. Loved the smell as soon as I opened it but wasn't too sure how well I would like it. Normally I'm a spiced chai girl. Tried it plain just to get a feel for the natural taste. Wasn't too bad on its own..but I like sweet so I added sugar. Although better still felt like it needed something. Added milk and the creaminess of it adds to the vanilla. All I had was 1% but I bet this would be absolutely amazing with my favorite sweet cream creamer. Going to try it iced with more of a milk ratio tomorrow for a nice iced latte.
Sarah B.
North Canton, OH
So despite not being a tea drinker, I somehow qualified for this box of teas. Upon first opening the box I noticed the packaging of the tea was really nice, and the tea bags are more high-end, sturdy bags made out of what seems to be some kind of nylon mesh...anyhow, it's way more appealing than the cheap paper-type tea bags.

Black tea with vanilla sounds delicious and enticing. Unfortunately I don't like tea unless it's lemon or raspberry flavored and sweetened, so I asked my husband, who loves black tea, to taste it for me. He doesn't typically drink his tea hot, but he enjoyed this tea, noting that the vanilla flavor was subtle but delightful.
Marci M.
I received this product from Influenster for testing purposes.

I love drinking hot tea and I usually do pretty frequently especially during winter. One of my favorites recently has been black tea so I was very excited when I received this! The taste of black tea is strong, as it should be, but the vanilla has a pretty strong smell and taste but not so much to where it ruins it for me. But if you don't like vanilla, then its not for you.

I do really like the container which is nice for storage and the triangle bags add a nice touch!

I would certainly recommend this product and I will buy again, probably some other flavors to try out though.
Nichole B.
Memphis, TN
Do you add sugar to the tea
Karen S.
Yvonne H.
Summerville, PA
Is the vanilla flavor strong?
Cassandra M.
How much vanilla flavor is there? Is it really overpowering?
Heather C.