BY PURE LEAF #31 in Tea

Brewing instructions:

Brews 16 servings of Pure Leaf Black Tea with Vanilla per jar.

• I absolutely love tea and not to mention Pure Leaf products. I've...2 Answers
  • What do think about drinking a little more coffee and deciding th...2 Answers
  • Is the vanilla flavor strong?7 Answers
Buy on Target*
Cassaundra P.
Accokeek, MD
I am not a fan of this tea. I really like Pure Leaf ice teas and drink them regularly. I was excited to try the new home brew teas, I was not as happy with this tea. It has a strong flavor that tastes like licorice. I would recommend it for anyone who likes that flavor but I would rather have a regular tea bag. I really like the design of the tea bag the flavor is very smooth and rich, I think it has something to do with the style of the tea bag.
Overall I really like the idea and I wish I did enjoy the tea more. Thank you Influenster and Pure Leaf for letting me try this for free.
Julianna O.
I received this in my VoxBox and was a little wary of black tea with vanilla. I'm not the biggest vanilla in tea fan and in a black tea, I assumed the flavor would have to be strong in order to come though the bold black tea flavor. I followed the directions on the packaging and the resulting tea wasn't as intensely flavored as I had imagined. It did have a vanilla taste which I wasn't the biggest fan of but he friends I've shared the tea with all loved it. The loose leaf tea bag really does release more flavor than a traditional tea bag. Totally worth it. I think I'm going to get some in black tea flavors to try on my own! Thanks for letting me try this, Influenster!
Kim S.
I received my Pure Leaf Black Tea with Vanilla tea bags for free in exchange for my honest review. I boiled some water and poured it over the tea bag in my cup and let it sit for a couple minutes. Just opening the container, you can smell the vanilla and the black tea and it smells great. Once made, it smells so good! I tasted it plain and was pleasantly surprised that I didn't need to add anything to it as usually I prefer tea with at least some honey or sugar. This tea is perfect on its own. Light and not overwhelming with a hint of sweetness from the vanilla. I would definitely recommend this tea!
Lisa D.
First off, the packaging for these teas are eye-catching. I would buy them just because of how they look before anything else. Whilst I really enjoyed the Green Tea with Citrus, I absolutely adored the Black Tea with Vanilla. The scent is so soothing and comforting and the taste was not as I expected. Vanilla can be overwhelming but with this it is not. A truly balanced Black Tea tea and assorted flavors and not overly sweet, either.
I think that this is now one of my go-to brands and flavors of tea. Packaging, taste and authentic tea leaves are big deals with this brand of tea.
ShawnTe P.
Elkton, MD
I do like the flavor of this tea. It is a strong tea, I had to use more sweetener with this tea than I do with any other tea I drink. Some say it reminds them of sweet treats. I don't get that from this tea. The best I can explain the layers of this tea is like when you taste good wine. This tea has a bouquet to it. The smell of it in the canister is very nice and it translates to the flavor of the tea where you can taste depth to it. If I am honest I think I love the aroma of the tea leaves way more than I enjoy the taste of the tea.

If you are the type who cooks with tea, I think this could be a good tea to cook with as well. I will probably experiment with this with some soups and maybe a few desserts this year.
jennifer k.
Jamestown, NY
Honestly I am not a fan of vanilla anything. But i am a fan of black tea. And the two together make for a wonderful pair. Taste good cold or hot which is rare with some type of teas (at least for me that is). Wonderful blended tea that can be drank any time of day. Would be a wonderful hit with house guest too. Highly recommended for those that love to drink tea such as my self. 16 bags in the container that are not the natural tea bags. In my opinion these bags make the tea taste better and don't leave tea leaves in the bottom of your cup. much like other brands tend to do.
Josie S.
This complimentary tea from Pure Leaf had a beautiful aroma, I could smell the distinct smell of a rich black tea with a hint of vanilla. Usually, I like my tea with Sweetner and sometimes a dash of milk. I decided to try the tea plain, first. The flavor was bold and exactly like I imagined after smelling the aroma produced by the tea. Although it was flavorful, the tea was smooth. The tea didn't need anything added, it was perfect. This is the first tea I have enjoyed without adding any other products to change the natural taste. I'm highly impressed and will be enjoying many more cups of President Leaf relaxing black tea in the future. I received this product free to review.
Lisa W.
Allegan, MI
I received this complimentary tea, from influenster's Pure Leaf VoxBox and I LOVE it! I was excited to try this as I have never tried Pure Leaf teas before, and I love flavored teas. From the two teas I was given, this is my favorite, I prefer it hot rather then cold, when its hot it taste more sweet. I love the vanilla flavor, and its not too overpowering. Also the teabags are so unique, I have never seen anything like them. Normally I dont reuse my tea bags, but I can get 2 cups of a nice tea with one of these tea bags. I will be looking to purchase this for sure!
Alyssa S.
Chesterfield, MI
Pure Leaf has come out with a winner in that this tea is not overpowering in it's vanilla flavoring. It compliments the tea well. I thought this tea reminded me of a chai tea in flavor (not as spiced) just similar in dimension. I added some sugar and whipped cream to mine as I would chai tea and enjoyed it quite a bit. I was glad the vanilla was mild and did not assault your senses. Loved the look of the pyramid tea bags! Always wanted to try pyramid tea bags out to see the difference if there was one, I think the tea just is able to steep with more movement allowed. Looks prettier if nothing else! I think the tea leaves are larger than typical tea bags also so that may also contribute to the design.
karla s.
Grimsley, TN
I really love to drink tea and love looking for new flavors of tea. I was so happy to get a complimentary sample from Influenster in a Voxbox. I used the Black Tea with Vanilla so I made a cup and used one bag of tea to drink. I smelled the tea before i drank it and thought it had a pleasant flavor with it not over powering. As I smelled it, it was very aromatic seeming to relax me before i even drank it. As I drank the cup of tea i really liked the flavor of the vanilla with the black tea and they seemed a great pairing. The tea went down smoothly with no bitter aftertaste. I highly recommend Pure Leaf Black tea with Vanilla to all tea drinkers.
Nichole B.
Memphis, TN
Do you add sugar to the tea
Karen S.
Yvonne H.
Summerville, PA
Is the vanilla flavor strong?
Cassandra M.
How much vanilla flavor is there? Is it really overpowering?
Heather C.