BY PURE LEAF #92 in Tea

Brewing instructions:

Brews 16 servings of Pure Leaf Black Tea with Vanilla per jar.

• I absolutely love tea and not to mention Pure Leaf products. I've...2 Answers
  • What do think about drinking a little more coffee and deciding th...2 Answers
  • Is the vanilla flavor strong?7 Answers
Buy on Target*
Crystal G.
Cumberland, MD
I received the Pure Leaf Black Tea with Vanilla complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes, and this review is lf my own opinion.
For me I love tea, especially Black tea blends. When i opened the container and instantly was taken by the pleasant smell of tea with Vanilla. I usually take my tea with cream and sugar, but I tried this plain at first to get a feel for the flavors. It's an amazing taste of Vanilla, which usually is in the background of other brands. Not Pure Leaf. They make sure your tasting every flavor and nuisance. The bags are made in a unique way that the bags don't stay afloat, and the silky material defitinatly makes sure the steeping process is done properly.
Afterwards I made it with cream and sugar and enjoyed it just as much when I tried it plain.
Jessye W.
Cincinnati, OH
This is a solid but not overly awesome black tea. It has a pleasant light scent, but once brewed tastes like a standard black tea. The vanilla is barely noticeable, so I was a bit disappointed. As a slight warning, the tea becomes very strong and bitter if you leave the tea bag in for more than a couple minutes. I recommend removing the bag after about 2 minutes to avoid the bitterness. Overall, it's a nice tasting tea but it's not different from many others. Also, I do not like that the bag is made from nylon. Most tea bags are compostable and therefore earth friendly. These are not compostable and will just end up in a land fill. Same goes for the plastic container, as opposed to a normal cardboard box that can be recycled.
Black tea and vanilla! Yum!

I was so excited when i saw this tea in the pure leaf tea vox box ,i received it free for review courtesy of influencer.com .when i first brewed it for the recommended 3 minutes, it was ok . however, i leave the my tea bag in my cup as i drink my tea . I also didn't add any sweeteners to the tea when i first tasted it . as the tea sat as i sipped this tea was bomb . o so good, the vanilla was not over powering . this tea was very crisp, clean, and refreshing . you can have it with or without sweeteners seen at krogers for $4.99, and the price is ok . this tea has nice quality, and definitely worth the try.
Melissa W.
Garden City, GA
I have always been a fan of hot tea but before now I tended to stick with fruity teas. I work 3rd shift so I tend to want caffeine in the middle of my shift but was tired of brewing coffee for just me in the break room. On a whim, I threw the container if tea in my bag to take with me. The first time I tried it I brewed it for too long and it was a little bitter to me but after adding sugar it was a lot better. It was still a tiny bit bitter so I added a tiny bit of creamer like I would coffee and it was AMAZING! The flavors popped and I could even taste the hint of vanilla. The second time I made it I didn't brew it as long and used just sugar. Still very tastey and I could still taste the vanilla. All in all, I am very pleased and will be repurchasing as soon as I run out.
Chastity M.
Boston, MA
**I received this tea complimentary from influenter to taste and review in a recent voxbox.**

I would first like to say that I have grown up in a household that drinks tea religiously. My grandmother would drink tea first thing in the morning, sometime mid morning, lunch, and after her nightly meal, and therefore I have been exposed to the good, bad, and ugly in regards to tea brands. Surprisingly this brand is not bad at all. I truly enjoy the package as it is see through and just a better way to carry teas compared to putting them into a box. Once you open the package the smell of vanilla hits you in a pleasant way. I usually am one to put a whole bunch of sugar and milk in my tea and can proudly say that I was able to drink this tea without having to add any sugar or milk . It has such a nice subtly taste. Overall I would most definitely buy this brand again.
Sha P.
Brooklyn, NY
Got this in the Pure Leaf VoxBox (#gotitfree), and I must admit I am already a fan of Pure Leaf Teas and had high expectations of this tea. I was NOT disappointed.

This tea has a great flavor, more ummph than other teas without the bitter burned taste some teas have when you steep too long. I love the vanilla flavor with this tea, adds a nice hint of flavor much better than the standard lemon, mint, and orange flavors. I also like that the vanilla tastes natural, not like artificial extract.

Easy to use, the pyramid bags are super cute and allows for more liquid to get in the bag to steep the tea. I was able to use a little less sugar due to the vanilla - believe me I'm a sugar girl. Surprisingly, this tasted better when Honey is added. Try it - a nice wake me up in the morning instead of my regular coffee.
Charlissa R.
I received this tea on behalf of Influenster and Pure Leaf for review.
Having grown up drinking tea and having lived in England; I consider myself to be a connoisseur of teas. I liked the stay fresh packaging. The label was well designed. Although ingredients were listed, I found it to be missing "caffeine " on the list. If I'm going to drink black tea I like it to have caffeine; a lady needs her morning "pick me up."
After prepping the tea I added my milk and sugar. As I stired the tea I could smell the heaviness of the vanilla.
The vanilla was even stronger upon taking my first sip. It is a particularly sweet tea, even without the added sugar I put in it. As I began to drink the tea I kep getting a strange under note in the base of the tea. I looked at the ingredients and realized it was the marigolds I was tasting. I know marigolds are quite the popular edible;however, I didn't care for their flavor in the tea. I could see someone who is new to tea enjoying the sweetness of it. I would not purchase this tea myself,it is too sweet and has a marigold after taste.
Rachel G.
Piqua, OH
I was so excited to receive this Pure Leaf hot Black Tea with Vanilla in a voxbox. Recently, my doctor ordered no more coffee for me, so I've been trying different drinks to fill the gap in my morning routine. I'll start by saying I love the packaging. The pretty clear container is much cuter than the ugly yellow box of tea currently sitting on my counter. I was curious how I'd like the vanilla, though. The smell is strong when you open the container, and the smell was strong through my entire first cup. And, though I like the smell of Vanilla, it was almost over-powering. It made the tea smell too sweet. The taste though, I hardly tasted any vanilla at all. After a few swigs, I added a 2 teaspoons of sugar, but then it tasted too sweet. I'm glad I got this free so I can play around with it and find that perfect mix of sugar or maybe milk. If I figure that out, I'm sure I'll buy this tea again. If not...I guess it's back to the old yellow box for me.
Melody O.
Coon Rapids, MN
Was not a fan from the breaking of the seal on this. There was a powerful scent I couldn't place. After I brewed my first cup, and was taking my first sip, I was reading the ingredients and had my "aha" moment!!!! There is marigold petals in it, that is the scent I couldn't place. Now, I'm not sure if that is what I don't like about it, or what, but I will try one more cup, this time with a sweetner.
@pureleaf #pureleafhomebrew
@influenster #contest
Got mine free for my opinion
Julianna O.
I received this in my VoxBox and was a little wary of black tea with vanilla. I'm not the biggest vanilla in tea fan and in a black tea, I assumed the flavor would have to be strong in order to come though the bold black tea flavor. I followed the directions on the packaging and the resulting tea wasn't as intensely flavored as I had imagined. It did have a vanilla taste which I wasn't the biggest fan of but he friends I've shared the tea with all loved it. The loose leaf tea bag really does release more flavor than a traditional tea bag. Totally worth it. I think I'm going to get some in black tea flavors to try on my own! Thanks for letting me try this, Influenster!
Nichole B.
Memphis, TN
Do you add sugar to the tea
Karen S.
Yvonne H.
Summerville, PA
Is the vanilla flavor strong?
Jessye W.
Cincinnati, OH
Has anyone tried this iced? Is it good?
Laura O.