BY PURE LEAF #38 in Tea

Brewing instructions:

Brews 16 servings of Pure Leaf Black Tea with Vanilla per jar.

• I absolutely love tea and not to mention Pure Leaf products. I've b...2 Answers
  • What do think about drinking a little more coffee and deciding that...2 Answers
  • Is the vanilla flavor strong?7 Answers
Buy on Target*
Ashley S.
Ashley S.
Altoona, PA
To begin my review, I'd like to state how I prepared the tea. I drank this hot, with a bit of honey, steeped for 5 minutes. It yielded a medium amber color. Out of the container it is clear it contains vanilla, once steeped it still smells like vanilla but add in the scent of black tea. Very true to the vanilla flavor, nothing artificial about it. I personally feel that it is overpriced for what you get. It was nearly $6 at Target for 16 pyramid bags. However, I love the container & it's cute packaging, visually appealing. However, the tea tags and the strings are unnecessary, especially considering this product is marked as better environmentally (single source, Rain Forest Alliance, etc). I personally like the black tea with mint more & will probably buy that again. This one just is a slight miss for me flavor-wise.
Mariangel C.
Mariangel C.
Miami , FL
I received a sample of this item through another company. First of all, I am a coffee drinker instead of a tea drinker but sometimes I take it when I need something extra in the morning to get energy. I read this brand uses high level ingredients so I felt luxurious when I first tasted it. I tried it hot with no sugar as I use to drink my teas and I think this is a little too strong for me, it doesn't have bad taste but I felt heavy the vanilla flavor. I will though try the citrus flavor to see if it's that strong too o maybe mix it with sugar.
Kenzie L.
Kenzie L.
Bloomington, MN
This is really good! I drank it hot, without sugar, but I think it would probably be good iced, too. It's really smooth tasting. The vanilla is really nice, it's not like a fake vanilla flavor, it just tastes like vanilla beans. I honestly didn't really measure the temp of the water or how long it steeped, and it was really good, so I think it's definitely a forgiving tea. I probably steeped it too long, to be honest, but it didn't get bitter or anything. So I definitely recommend this tea!
Gina U.
Gina U.
Paris, IL
Pure Leaf Black Tea with Vanilla 16 count Pyramid Bags makes a nice brisk evening a warm one. It's a perfect mild flavored tea to snuggle up with while reading a book or coming in from the chill of the day. The warm vanilla aroma gives you that hint of sugar cookies baking nearby. The way the triangle bags absorbs the water more easily makes it more convenient for the water to saturate all the leaves at once. If you want a nice cozy tea that is healthy for you and makes you feel warm all over this tea is definitely the one for you.
Amy D.
Amy D.
Myrtle Beach, SC
This tea is delicious. I steeped it for the required time and added a little milk and two sugars. It is a very soothing (I was experiencing cold symptoms when I had the tea) and the taste was not over powerful. I would definitely recommend this tea to others. This was my first time trying black tea so I'm not sure how it compares to others but I would definitely buy this tea again.
Nova L.
Nova L.
The vanilla flavor is a true vanilla, not artificial, which is really good! The mesh bag gives it a more high end product feel, along with the jar packaging. I was able to get 2 servings out of one tea bag so the value is higher than what you might first think, since most tea bags I use are one serving/use only. I love tea and drink it everyday, so this is a much higher quality product compared to most grocery store brands.
Tina V.
Tina V.
Garden Grove, CA
The packaging made me extremely excited to try out this tea. I'm a tea enthusiast. I love tea of all kinds and I'm constantly on the hunt to try out more. The moment I brewed this aromatic tea, I knew i'd like it. It smelled creamy and slightly sweet. It was love at first sip. The vanilla notes almost made me feel like i was eating dessert. It was the best way to end my long work day. I went ahead and purchased a few of the teas at my local target. The full sized packaging is really nice also. It's small enough to throw into my work bag, and the pyramid pouches are so chic and clean.  Pure Leaf Black Tea with Vanilla
Bethany B.
Bethany B.
Summerville, SC
I must say, as an avid tea drinker, I was very pleasantly surprised when I got the opportunity to try Pure Leaf's Black Tea with Vanilla! Its very delicate with just the right amount of vanilla flavor. Add a little honey, a bit of lemon, and BAM! Perfection!!! It even has marigold petals in the pyramid bags...how neat is that?? Highly recommend!
Nicole B.
Nicole B.
Bellevue, PA
This is a lovely tea that hits the spot on a cold winters day. I'm quite used to various fruit flavored teas so this was a nice change. Topped off with a bit of cream and honey it was the ultimate cozy treat.

The Pure Leaf packaging is very eye catching compared to other teas on the market which pretty much all come in a box.

I think this brand is innovative and I hope they come out with more (unusual) flavors.
Megan M.
Megan M.
Canonsburg, PA
Let me start off by saying I consider myself a tea addict. I once planned an entire trip to Colorado around visiting a single tea factory! I love black teas, and this one was no different. I adored the cute packaging and the information they were kind enough to include so I didn't have to do much looking around online myself. I will most likely purchase this tea once I deplete my current stock of tea.
Nichole B.
Nichole B.
Memphis, TN
Do you add sugar to the tea
Karen S.
Karen S.
Yvonne H.
Yvonne H.
Summerville, PA
Is the vanilla flavor strong?
Laura O.
Laura O.
Cassandra M.
Cassandra M.
How much vanilla flavor is there? Is it really overpowering?