BY PURE LEAF #33 in Tea

Brewing instructions:

Brews 16 servings of Pure Leaf Black Tea with Vanilla per jar.

• I absolutely love tea and not to mention Pure Leaf products. I've...2 Answers
  • What do think about drinking a little more coffee and deciding th...2 Answers
  • Is the vanilla flavor strong?7 Answers
Buy on Walmart*
Jennifer B.
Jennifer B.
Harvey, LA
I have to start this off by saying I've been drinking this for a very long time. I'm a huge fan of all of Pure Leaf's tea products. I'm a down South gal so my taste buds naturally gravitate towards tea. I LOVE this stuff! My favorite has been the Black Tea with Vanilla for a long time- but it did take me a while to get warmed up to this flavor. I remember when I first tried it, the vanilla was a little strong for me without any other sweeteners. I've even had one person tell me that it taste like potpourri without a sweetener LOL. But when I got the perfect amount of sugar- and every now and then cream concoction- it's perfect! I usually drink this with 2 tsp of sugar and dab of French Vanilla creamer for taste. It does make the vanilla come out a bit more but it's not as intense with the cream. Hot tea is a very iffy thing to recommend to a non tea drinker so I'd definitely recommend this to anyone who likes tea and who likes a vanilla flavor especially. I received this complimentary from Influenster for testing and review purposes. All opinions are 100% my own!
Chelsea W.
Chelsea W.
To start off with, I would just say I'm actually not a huge fan of black teas. However, Pure Leaf has made a tea that has allowed me to really appreciate the Black Tea and Vanilla type that I tried. I still found it to be a tad more bitter than I would have liked, but if you steep it just right, it honestly is a really great tea. Yet, still can't get rid of the slight bitter taste no matter what you do, and sugar/stevia/whatever only makes it worse. The vanilla is what really made it for me though. I'm not a huge vanilla person either, so you would really think this tea would go in the trash for me, but for some reason, that vanilla just does it for me! Both the smell and the taste are something that intrigue me and keep me coming back for more. I'd definitely give this tea overall another star if I could get in tune with its more bitter self, but on the other hand...that vanilla!!!
Lori O.
Lori O.
New Albany, IN
I've always been an avid tea drinker so I'm always on the lookout for something new to try. I like the PureLeaf bottled teas so I was thrilled to get this voxbox! I really this tea as well. The vanilla flavor isn't too strong to overpower the natural flavor of the tea, but it gives you enough flavor if tea is normally too bitter for your tastes. I find that I most enjoy a cup of this first thing in the morning to get an initial caffeine boost before work. I've even taken to bringing a couple of bags into work with me to keep at my desk to help calm me when things get stressful or to give an extra energy boost in the afternoon. I can get 2 good cups out of each bag before it weakens, which is great for a bagged tea! Overall I'm very happy with this tea and will definitely purchase in the future!
Amanda T.
Amanda T.
San Antonio, TX
Thank you to Influenster and Pure Leaf for the Pure Leaf Influenster Box of Free Full-Sized Samples for an Honest Review! I'm deeply grateful and truly excited to be part of this groups for this product.I am big tea connoisseur, so the moment I saw this box I jumped for it and I am so incredibly glad I did. Being that I am a connoisseur, you can bet that I made sure to follow all directions, boiling water to the right temperature and only steeping long enough to get the best of a green tea leaf in my hot (and cold) tea samplings.The Black Tea with Vanilla is going to end up somewhere high up on my lists forever into the future. I love, love, love black teas, especially dark blacks, that are more like the coffee of teas, and this one fits in perfectly there. It's a deep, dark black flavor, that curls into you warming you up, while the vanilla is mellow and warming itself. I'm so addicted! <3
Tanisha C.
Tanisha C.
Brooklyn, NY
At first I was nervous to try flavored tea. I only drink tea with lemon. So I received this product to try and loved the overall package. I used 2 tea bags the first time I made a pot because I wanted to make sure I could taste the vanilla. I loved how it smelled while it was sitting in the boiling water. I let the tea bags sit for about 3 min and let it cool before adding sugar to taste. I noticed that I didn't need as much sugar because I taste the strong flavor of the vanilla which is  a good thing because I was thinking it would disappear when cooled. Overall the Black tea with  vanilla  is great tasting and I normally don't drink flavor tea so this was something new and something I will drink more of. Next time I made another smaller cup and the 1 tea bag was just as strong as using 2. So I know that the vanilla flavor will be tasted in every brew.
Jamie L.
Jamie L.
Watertown, NY
In all honesty, I didn't think I was going to like Pure Leaf Home Brewed Tea in Vanilla flavor. I received a free sample thanks to PinchMe, and I honestly thought that this was going to be a negative review. I'm not into Vanilla tea items but because this was a review, I sucked it up and gave it a try. The brewing process didn't take as long as most other teas do. It blended quite well with the water in no time and didn't have any flakes floating around. I found that the bags they used were super cute and didn't think they would actually work, but they did and quite well. The tasting part I dreaded but I tipped the mug into my mouth and waited for the flavor to hit. Instead of an eekk and a gag, I was confused lol. I was confused because I actually like it. It didn't taste like fake vanilla and it wasn't to over powering. It was a smooth tea taste with just a hint of vanilla. It was the most delicious vanilla tea I ever had. I can honestly say I would purchase again but only by the Pure Leaf again. They are the only brand to have nailed the vanilla tea.
Charlissa R.
Charlissa R.
I received this tea on behalf of Influenster and Pure Leaf for review.
Having grown up drinking tea and having lived in England; I consider myself to be a connoisseur of teas. I liked the stay fresh packaging. The label was well designed. Although ingredients were listed, I found it to be missing "caffeine " on the list. If I'm going to drink black tea I like it to have caffeine; a lady needs her morning "pick me up."
After prepping the tea I added my milk and sugar. As I stired the tea I could smell the heaviness of the vanilla.
The vanilla was even stronger upon taking my first sip. It is a particularly sweet tea, even without the added sugar I put in it. As I began to drink the tea I kep getting a strange under note in the base of the tea. I looked at the ingredients and realized it was the marigolds I was tasting. I know marigolds are quite the popular edible;however, I didn't care for their flavor in the tea. I could see someone who is new to tea enjoying the sweetness of it. I would not purchase this tea myself,it is too sweet and has a marigold after taste.
Lisa D.
Lisa D.
First off, the packaging for these teas are eye-catching. I would buy them just because of how they look before anything else. Whilst I really enjoyed the Green Tea with Citrus, I absolutely adored the Black Tea with Vanilla. The scent is so soothing and comforting and the taste was not as I expected. Vanilla can be overwhelming but with this it is not. A truly balanced Black Tea tea and assorted flavors and not overly sweet, either.
I think that this is now one of my go-to brands and flavors of tea. Packaging, taste and authentic tea leaves are big deals with this brand of tea.
Brooks A.
Brooks A.
I absolutely love this tea! I was lucky enough to get it in a VoxBox and I couldn't be happier! I'm usually pretty picky about the type of tea that I drink so I wasn't sure if I would like it but it is soooo good!!! It's not too strong and it has the perfect amount of vanilla to it! The taste is wonderful but I do have some problems with the packaging. Really my only problem is that I wish it had a string that reached outside the cup to take out the bag easier when you are done steeping it instead of having to use something to fish it out. But that's just me being lazy. I will definitely be trying out the other teas from them!
Laura D.
Laura D.
Edina, MN
I usually drink at least one cup of tea per day, typically starting out my morning with it (no coffee for me, thanks!). I typically drink green tea, so this was a different taste for me. I try to find teas that I can drink by themselves (not adding any sugar, honey, lemon, etc.). This was definitely the case with the black tea with vanilla! I really liked the smell and taste of this tea.The packaging is also quite different - usually tea bags come in paper boxes wrapped in paper, but these came in clear plastic containers - which I enjoyed! 10/10 would recommend (and do!).
Nichole B.
Nichole B.
Memphis, TN
Do you add sugar to the tea
Karen S.
Karen S.
Yvonne H.
Yvonne H.
Summerville, PA
Is the vanilla flavor strong?
Laura O.
Laura O.
Cassandra M.
Cassandra M.
How much vanilla flavor is there? Is it really overpowering?