BY PURE LEAF #18 in Tea

Brewing instructions:

Brews 16 servings of Pure Leaf Black Tea with Vanilla per jar.

• I absolutely love tea and not to mention Pure Leaf produc...2 Answers
  • What do think about drinking a little more coffee and dec...2 Answers
  • Is the vanilla flavor strong?7 Answers
Buy on Target*
Emily G.
I've never been a huge fan of non-fruit flavored teas, but this black tea with vanilla from Pure Leaf really changed my mind. The vanilla flavor of the tea is subtle enough that it isn't overpowering the richness of the black tea leaves, and it brings the perfect amount of sweetness to the drink. On top of the vanilla flavor, you also can taste light floral notes in the tea. I take my tea with a spoonful of Truvia sweetener, though I'm sure this tea would be delightful on its own. The triangle-shaped bags were also a nice, aesthetically pleasing touch; however, the string on the bag was a bit short, resulting in the string and tag falling into my tea as I poured the hot water in.
I received this product complimentary from Influenster in exchange for my honest review.
Denille M.
Rochester, MN
I tried the Pure Leaf Black Tea with Vanilla free in exchange for my opinion. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I could taste the vanilla in it but was happy about that as well. I felt like this made it more interesting then other teas I have had in the past.
Something I found interesting about this tea was the shape of the bag. If you ever notice when you put a tea bag in the water it tends to try and float. This one is shaped differently and in that shape it seems to make it sink so that it is easier for it to steep. So I thought that was really well thought out. I am excited for this tea and look forward to trying more that they come out with. Hoping the price goes down just a little though as it is a little more expensive then other brands.
Vanessa A.
Bushkill, PA
I love this tea.I got the black tea with vanilla in my voxbox and really enjoyed it.The first impression is the packaging.It has a nice see thru jar like package where you can veiw the tea nestled in the pyramids.This is so cute you can leave it on a shelf without destroying your decor.Second is the smell once the seal is opened.The aroma is intoxicating and comforting.Third is the steeping.I steeped mine for about 3 mins in hot water.I did not scortch the leaves for any tea over steeped will be bitter.Fourth the flavor was smooth,with the strength of black tea and subtle hints of vanilla.The finish was nice.Not a strong after taste like you get with some teas that have florals.I will purchase this when I finish this jar of wonder.A mini vacation in a cup.
Stephanie S.
Valencia , CA
Currently, I've got over 10 different types of teas from various tea companies—and that's just at my office! (Seriously, there's too many to count at my house). However, this morning I've got Pure Leaf's black tea with vanilla steeping in the ol' mug. Even before brewing a cup and first opening the tea jar, you get a nice waft of vanilla aroma, which is only enhanced once you put hot water to teabag. The vanilla comes through very strongly, and it's like a nice warm vanilla coating that you know is of good quality. There's very little black tea flavor in this tea, and vanilla is the main star here, so there's very little astringency coming through that you sometimes get with black tea (but more with green tea). It's a nice flavor to add to my normal black tea repertoire and I think would pair nicely with a fruity scone!
Tanisha C.
Brooklyn, NY
At first I was nervous to try flavored tea. I only drink tea with lemon. So I received this product to try and loved the overall package. I used 2 tea bags the first time I made a pot because I wanted to make sure I could taste the vanilla. I loved how it smelled while it was sitting in the boiling water. I let the tea bags sit for about 3 min and let it cool before adding sugar to taste. I noticed that I didn't need as much sugar because I taste the strong flavor of the vanilla which is  a good thing because I was thinking it would disappear when cooled. Overall the Black tea with  vanilla  is great tasting and I normally don't drink flavor tea so this was something new and something I will drink more of. Next time I made another smaller cup and the 1 tea bag was just as strong as using 2. So I know that the vanilla flavor will be tasted in every brew.
Michelle C.
I received my #pureleafhomebrew pure leaf tea complimentary from influenster to test and review for free. When I first opened the jar of vanilla black tea, I was immediately welcomed with the scent of vanilla and something I couldn't quite recognize. Upon brewing and tasting it, it tasted like it smelled. That unfamiliar scent may be the marigold (aka saffron of Georgia) and personally, gave me a chalky flavor feel in my mouth. I'm personally not a fan of saffron, so that may just be me. I added vanilla soymilk, as I usually do with black tea, and the vanilla tea worked well with it. I still get that possibly marigold flavor; it's not a bad tea, but I probably won't reach for it and hey, at least I might have learned how marigold tastes like!
Nichole B.
Memphis, TN
I just received my first taste of this vanilla tea. I received it free product testing purposes thanks to influencer.com and it's perfect great to help energize the day without having a lot of caffeine to my system. It taste great and perfect to go on a nice cold day ! The bags are easy to use with a cup of hot water and a spoon of sugar ! Great for the extra go! I Received these products courtesy of Pure Leaf & Influenster for sampling purposes. Very refreshing ! Tastes like a hint of vanilla in it ! Perfect sweeter @Pureleaf and @Influenster #PureLeafHomeBrew #contest Received these products courtesy and complimentary of Pure Leaf & Influenster for sampling purposes thanks to influenster and it tastes great
Brandi B.
Austin, TX
As luck would have it, I received this tea on a relatively cold day, so I went right in and made a cup. I found that the tea brewed quickly, only a few minutes to steep in piping hot water and I was ready to enjoy!

Aroma
This tea had a heavy vanilla aroma which was quite pleasant - it smelled fresh, not fake.

Taste
I would consider this to be a medium bodied tea with a slight vanilla flavor - far smoother then I had expected given the aroma. It was pleasant and mixed well with a bit of honey and hemp milk (non-dairy milk).

Caffeine
I didn't find this tea to be overly caffeinated. I did get a little boost, but nothing overwhelming. I found this to a great afternoon tea. If you're used to the caffeine in coffee, you'll find this to be a little on the mild side.

All in all, I really enjoyed my experience and look forward to my next cup.
Natalie B.
Concord, CA
I opened the bottle and immediately felt like there was fresh sugar cookies from the oven somewhere. I was nervous that the tea itself would make me think of eating cookies.
As the tea was steeping the freshness of the vanilla and the black tea became obvious. I loved the smooth scent that was coming from my cup.

As the tea was finished steeping i dove right in. Today is the kind of day where the rains are pouring the winds are blowing everything, and this is the perfect time for a nice cup of hot tea. i love that this tea is smooth, that it is a good black tea flavor and that the vanilla isn't too overwhelming.

i do not like that the tea has an aftertaste when it cools down. its almost an oily finish. i gave the 4 stars because of how it transported me when i needed an escape, but the 5th star isn't earned because of the finish of the tea, and i don't see myself reaching for this overtime i need that escape.
Brittany S.
Paramus, NJ
I first noticed the Pure Leaf homebrew tea in the store about a month ago and was intrigued. I love tea, and have been wanting to give this one a try, so I was very excited to get to try it courtesy of Influenster! I brewed the Black Tea with Vanilla like I would normally make my tea when I want it quickly -- heated some water in the microwave, and then just stuck the teabag in. It was quite tasty, and didn't have the bitterness that many black teas have. I like to have 16 oz of tea at a time, however, and this was just strong enough for 10 oz. The container says to brew 8oz, so I wouldn't expect it to be at full strength over that. Unfortunately for me, that is a bit wasteful and I would need to use 2 teabags for the amount that I normally would want.
Nichole B.
Memphis, TN
Do you add sugar to the tea
Karen S.
Yvonne H.
Summerville, PA
Is the vanilla flavor strong?
Cassandra M.
How much vanilla flavor is there? Is it really overpowering?
Heather C.