BY PURE LEAF #92 in Tea

Brewing instructions:

Brews 16 servings of Pure Leaf Black Tea with Vanilla per jar.

• I absolutely love tea and not to mention Pure Leaf products. I've...2 Answers
  • What do think about drinking a little more coffee and deciding th...2 Answers
  • Is the vanilla flavor strong?7 Answers
Buy on Target*
Thalia A.
So I have never had any Pure Leaf product and I got this sent to me complimentary for taste testing purposes. I love tea! I drink it at home on a rainy day when I'm sick and when I am at work (hence the DryBar mug!!) I just now made the black tea and vanilla so what I did was brew some hot water steeped the tea bag added some UNSWETENED Almond Milk (that's what I have right now) and 2 little packets of sugar I love all my teas with either milk or half and half. So I let my mom try some and she loves the vanilla flavor and likes that it doesn't taste so "earthy" and my brother tried it and he says it taste like chai tea but like a lighter version I love it and can't wait to try the green tea but ICED!! ☕️☕️
Tanisha C.
Brooklyn, NY
At first I was nervous to try flavored tea. I only drink tea with lemon. So I received this product to try and loved the overall package. I used 2 tea bags the first time I made a pot because I wanted to make sure I could taste the vanilla. I loved how it smelled while it was sitting in the boiling water. I let the tea bags sit for about 3 min and let it cool before adding sugar to taste. I noticed that I didn't need as much sugar because I taste the strong flavor of the vanilla which is  a good thing because I was thinking it would disappear when cooled. Overall the Black tea with  vanilla  is great tasting and I normally don't drink flavor tea so this was something new and something I will drink more of. Next time I made another smaller cup and the 1 tea bag was just as strong as using 2. So I know that the vanilla flavor will be tasted in every brew.
Michelle C.
I received my #pureleafhomebrew pure leaf tea complimentary from influenster to test and review for free. When I first opened the jar of vanilla black tea, I was immediately welcomed with the scent of vanilla and something I couldn't quite recognize. Upon brewing and tasting it, it tasted like it smelled. That unfamiliar scent may be the marigold (aka saffron of Georgia) and personally, gave me a chalky flavor feel in my mouth. I'm personally not a fan of saffron, so that may just be me. I added vanilla soymilk, as I usually do with black tea, and the vanilla tea worked well with it. I still get that possibly marigold flavor; it's not a bad tea, but I probably won't reach for it and hey, at least I might have learned how marigold tastes like!
Nichole B.
Memphis, TN
I just received my first taste of this vanilla tea. I received it free product testing purposes thanks to influencer.com and it's perfect great to help energize the day without having a lot of caffeine to my system. It taste great and perfect to go on a nice cold day ! The bags are easy to use with a cup of hot water and a spoon of sugar ! Great for the extra go! I Received these products courtesy of Pure Leaf & Influenster for sampling purposes. Very refreshing ! Tastes like a hint of vanilla in it ! Perfect sweeter @Pureleaf and @Influenster #PureLeafHomeBrew #contest Received these products courtesy and complimentary of Pure Leaf & Influenster for sampling purposes thanks to influenster and it tastes great
Claire P.
I am a huge fan of black tea with either subtle flavors or no added flavor at all. This tea is delicious, smooth, and has a nice, subtle vanilla flavor to it.

I'm not super picky about my tea unless it contains too many flavors, so much that it's overpowering or is extremely bitter. This tea is very soothing and has light flavor which I like.

I love the pyramid-shaped bags and the design of the bottle. It stands out from other brands since it's not just packs of tea in a box.

I took my first sip of it without any added sugar or honey. It was not too bitter. I only added honey because I had a bit of a cold so I've been drinking lots of tea with honey. It tasted great with and without honey.

I would definitely purchase especially if it's around the same price or cheaper than other brands.

I received this product for free in my VoxBox in exchange for my honest opinion. :)
Brandi B.
Austin, TX
As luck would have it, I received this tea on a relatively cold day, so I went right in and made a cup. I found that the tea brewed quickly, only a few minutes to steep in piping hot water and I was ready to enjoy!

Aroma
This tea had a heavy vanilla aroma which was quite pleasant - it smelled fresh, not fake.

Taste
I would consider this to be a medium bodied tea with a slight vanilla flavor - far smoother then I had expected given the aroma. It was pleasant and mixed well with a bit of honey and hemp milk (non-dairy milk).

Caffeine
I didn't find this tea to be overly caffeinated. I did get a little boost, but nothing overwhelming. I found this to a great afternoon tea. If you're used to the caffeine in coffee, you'll find this to be a little on the mild side.

All in all, I really enjoyed my experience and look forward to my next cup.
Natalie B.
Concord, CA
I opened the bottle and immediately felt like there was fresh sugar cookies from the oven somewhere. I was nervous that the tea itself would make me think of eating cookies.
As the tea was steeping the freshness of the vanilla and the black tea became obvious. I loved the smooth scent that was coming from my cup.

As the tea was finished steeping i dove right in. Today is the kind of day where the rains are pouring the winds are blowing everything, and this is the perfect time for a nice cup of hot tea. i love that this tea is smooth, that it is a good black tea flavor and that the vanilla isn't too overwhelming.

i do not like that the tea has an aftertaste when it cools down. its almost an oily finish. i gave the 4 stars because of how it transported me when i needed an escape, but the 5th star isn't earned because of the finish of the tea, and i don't see myself reaching for this overtime i need that escape.
Ikeana B.
Saint Paul, MN
This is my new favorite tea that I received complimentary from Influenster. I really enjoyed the hint of vanilla that this tea has the black tea has a very distinct flavor a bit different from herbal teas, I like it.. I placed one of the tea bag into my cup of hot water and let it steep removed the tea bag and added my choice of sweetner or nothing at all and enjoyed my tea. How did Influenster know that I love tea so much. This is a tea that I will continue to keep in my tea selection. The packaging was perfect for viewing and protection of the tea bags. I also like the security tape and inner foil for extra protection from tampering. This was all around a wonderful tea experience.
Allison B.
San Bruno, CA
This tea was very fragrant and so tasty. The only problem I had was that it has a very strong flavor. I've had pure leaf tea in their iced version, and have always found it delightful, so I'm inclined to try their other flavors. I did see that they make a Chai, and if its decaf I would be super interested. My other issue with the two teas I got, this one and the citrus green tea, was neither are decaf, so that prevented me from being able to drink more than one cup, when I usually like to have several in the morning or at night. I love that you get so many in a container and target has them for $5 which is impressive. I'm going to pick up one of the iced ones in either raspberry or peach, as iced tea is a favorite in our house, and use it to make large batches. Thanks Pure Leaf and Influenster this was one of my favorite boxes.
Brittany S.
Paramus, NJ
I first noticed the Pure Leaf homebrew tea in the store about a month ago and was intrigued. I love tea, and have been wanting to give this one a try, so I was very excited to get to try it courtesy of Influenster! I brewed the Black Tea with Vanilla like I would normally make my tea when I want it quickly -- heated some water in the microwave, and then just stuck the teabag in. It was quite tasty, and didn't have the bitterness that many black teas have. I like to have 16 oz of tea at a time, however, and this was just strong enough for 10 oz. The container says to brew 8oz, so I wouldn't expect it to be at full strength over that. Unfortunately for me, that is a bit wasteful and I would need to use 2 teabags for the amount that I normally would want.
Nichole B.
Memphis, TN
Do you add sugar to the tea
Karen S.
Yvonne H.
Summerville, PA
Is the vanilla flavor strong?
Jessye W.
Cincinnati, OH
Has anyone tried this iced? Is it good?
Laura O.