BY PURE LEAF #44 in Tea

Brewing instructions:

Brews 16 servings of Pure Leaf Black Tea with Vanilla per jar.

• I absolutely love tea and not to mention Pure Leaf products. I've...2 Answers
  • What do think about drinking a little more coffee and deciding th...2 Answers
  • Is the vanilla flavor strong?7 Answers
Buy on Walmart*
Melissa W.
Garden City, GA
I have always been a fan of hot tea but before now I tended to stick with fruity teas. I work 3rd shift so I tend to want caffeine in the middle of my shift but was tired of brewing coffee for just me in the break room. On a whim, I threw the container if tea in my bag to take with me. The first time I tried it I brewed it for too long and it was a little bitter to me but after adding sugar it was a lot better. It was still a tiny bit bitter so I added a tiny bit of creamer like I would coffee and it was AMAZING! The flavors popped and I could even taste the hint of vanilla. The second time I made it I didn't brew it as long and used just sugar. Still very tastey and I could still taste the vanilla. All in all, I am very pleased and will be repurchasing as soon as I run out.
Chastity M.
Boston, MA
**I received this tea complimentary from influenter to taste and review in a recent voxbox.**

I would first like to say that I have grown up in a household that drinks tea religiously. My grandmother would drink tea first thing in the morning, sometime mid morning, lunch, and after her nightly meal, and therefore I have been exposed to the good, bad, and ugly in regards to tea brands. Surprisingly this brand is not bad at all. I truly enjoy the package as it is see through and just a better way to carry teas compared to putting them into a box. Once you open the package the smell of vanilla hits you in a pleasant way. I usually am one to put a whole bunch of sugar and milk in my tea and can proudly say that I was able to drink this tea without having to add any sugar or milk . It has such a nice subtly taste. Overall I would most definitely buy this brand again.
Charlissa R.
I received this tea on behalf of Influenster and Pure Leaf for review.
Having grown up drinking tea and having lived in England; I consider myself to be a connoisseur of teas. I liked the stay fresh packaging. The label was well designed. Although ingredients were listed, I found it to be missing "caffeine " on the list. If I'm going to drink black tea I like it to have caffeine; a lady needs her morning "pick me up."
After prepping the tea I added my milk and sugar. As I stired the tea I could smell the heaviness of the vanilla.
The vanilla was even stronger upon taking my first sip. It is a particularly sweet tea, even without the added sugar I put in it. As I began to drink the tea I kep getting a strange under note in the base of the tea. I looked at the ingredients and realized it was the marigolds I was tasting. I know marigolds are quite the popular edible;however, I didn't care for their flavor in the tea. I could see someone who is new to tea enjoying the sweetness of it. I would not purchase this tea myself,it is too sweet and has a marigold after taste.
Lisa D.
First off, the packaging for these teas are eye-catching. I would buy them just because of how they look before anything else. Whilst I really enjoyed the Green Tea with Citrus, I absolutely adored the Black Tea with Vanilla. The scent is so soothing and comforting and the taste was not as I expected. Vanilla can be overwhelming but with this it is not. A truly balanced Black Tea tea and assorted flavors and not overly sweet, either.
I think that this is now one of my go-to brands and flavors of tea. Packaging, taste and authentic tea leaves are big deals with this brand of tea.
ShawnTe P.
Elkton, MD
I do like the flavor of this tea. It is a strong tea, I had to use more sweetener with this tea than I do with any other tea I drink. Some say it reminds them of sweet treats. I don't get that from this tea. The best I can explain the layers of this tea is like when you taste good wine. This tea has a bouquet to it. The smell of it in the canister is very nice and it translates to the flavor of the tea where you can taste depth to it. If I am honest I think I love the aroma of the tea leaves way more than I enjoy the taste of the tea.

If you are the type who cooks with tea, I think this could be a good tea to cook with as well. I will probably experiment with this with some soups and maybe a few desserts this year.
jennifer k.
Jamestown, NY
Honestly I am not a fan of vanilla anything. But i am a fan of black tea. And the two together make for a wonderful pair. Taste good cold or hot which is rare with some type of teas (at least for me that is). Wonderful blended tea that can be drank any time of day. Would be a wonderful hit with house guest too. Highly recommended for those that love to drink tea such as my self. 16 bags in the container that are not the natural tea bags. In my opinion these bags make the tea taste better and don't leave tea leaves in the bottom of your cup. much like other brands tend to do.
Jasmine B.
I received this tea in my PureLeaf VoxBox. I have tried Pure Leaf's ready made teas, so I was familiar with the brand. The bags were very easy to use. I didn't have to tear open an individual bag to have a cup of tea. Once I dropped a bag into a cup of hot water, I let it since for about 5 minutes. When I came back, I could see that the bag had steeped and produced a warm amber colored tea.

With my first sip, I could taste a slightly smoky flavor (not like tobacco). I added a little honey to smooth it out. I enjoyed this tea. It wasn't overpowering or bitter.
Tiffany K.
Carlsbad, NM
I love love love the Pure Leaf tea brand! It's my go to tea. The pyramid tea bags ARE THE COOLEST things ever invented. I really feel like I get the most out of the these tea bags. However, I will say though that the vanilla flavor just wasn't there for me. I didn't taste vanilla at all to be honest... A delicious tea nonetheless. Tip, if you like milk in your tea, try it with a splash of French vanilla coffee creamer. NOW THAT WAS YUMMY. Like a chai tea.... I received this product complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes! Thank you!!!
Kristina C.
Detroit, MI
I was very excited about this tea when I received it in the Pure Leaf Vox box. It is very delicious, I love the notes of vanilla. I do not have to add much sugar to the tea because the pure flavor itself has a great taste. Usually with black tea, it is a little too biter for my liking, but the days where I had this tea with no sweetener at all, it was not too bad.
I enjoy drinking this at work first thing in the morning in lieu of coffee. It does not suddenly wake you up, it slowly brings you to life as if you've taken a short nap. I recommend that you try this tea, I'm very impressed with it and I look forward to more hot tea flavors.
Brooks A.
I absolutely love this tea! I was lucky enough to get it in a VoxBox and I couldn't be happier! I'm usually pretty picky about the type of tea that I drink so I wasn't sure if I would like it but it is soooo good!!! It's not too strong and it has the perfect amount of vanilla to it! The taste is wonderful but I do have some problems with the packaging. Really my only problem is that I wish it had a string that reached outside the cup to take out the bag easier when you are done steeping it instead of having to use something to fish it out. But that's just me being lazy. I will definitely be trying out the other teas from them!
Jessye W.
Cincinnati, OH
Has anyone tried this iced? Is it good?
Laura O.
Rachael P.
Help! I feel like every time I make tea it is so weak!! What am I doing wrong?! Thank you!!
Terri B.
Harmony, ME
Has anyone loving this?
Nina R.
Anyone tried cold ? Was it any good ?