BY PURE LEAF #65 in Tea

Brewing instructions:

Brews 16 servings of Pure Leaf Black Tea with Vanilla per jar.

• I absolutely love tea and not to mention Pure Leaf products. I've...2 Answers
  • What do think about drinking a little more coffee and deciding th...2 Answers
  • Is the vanilla flavor strong?7 Answers
Buy on Walmart*
Eve T.
This is the second half of a box I received from Influenster and it is very similar to the other type I reviewed except the rating and last comment.   Both teas I received were good in terms of taste but  my preference went to
the Green Tea with Citrus over the Black Tea with Vanilla.  They are Rain Forest
Alliance Certified, of an Indonesian  type of green tea or from India in Assam
black tea.   I tried them hot and cold, with honey, sugar, plain, black tea with
milk, refrigerated and with ice, regular strength and diluted over a longer
time to see my impression.  For my own health and item I was likely to buy on my
own and to combine better with my food choices, I feel my purchase in the future
will be the Green Tea with Citrus.   It contained Lemongrass and the other
person drinking it has an acid condition, so the dried orange also made sense.
It does have Licorice Root though not sure how much and they have major health
issues and age, so of course I drink it more often.  I do not remember the
health condition the Licorice affects or if it has interactions, but it was only
half a cup within a time they had digestive problems.  Therefore, it was not
problematic.  The Black Tea with Vanilla is within a range I often find in
brands so  may be of interest to others but I did not like it with honey.  It
has a pyramid type of bag which is stronger than the usual types and so it was
made in a French coffee press of several types, in a drip coffee maker, and just
poured into a mug or tea cup with heated water.  I found it still worked with
being less in strength.  For this one, I did not particularly find it interesting with milk either and preferred it hot and if added sweetness sugar.
Breann C.
Highland Park, NJ
I'm not normally a tea drinker but I gave this new product a try. My first thoughts were that it smelled really fantastic. The vanilla smell was really lovely and inviting and left me wanted to try it right away to get some of that flavor. I heated up some water and stared right in with the vanilla black tea!
The smell coming off of my now warm mug was still off the charts but upon first sip I was a little bit let down. The vanilla flavoring was not as strong as I was anticipating it to be, but that being said I did think it has a really nice and smooth flavor. I added a sweetener packet to bring some sweetness and I was very happy. I left the tea bag in for the entirety of my tea experience because I wanted a nice strong tea flavor and I got it.
After actually enjoying this cup of tea, I am looking forward to incorporating this into my morning routine. It was a nice warm wake up with fantastic flavor and no sugar! A new tea drinker has been born!
Salli A.
I drink tea all the time. Pretty much every day, so I weas really excited ot be chosen by Influenster for the Pure Leaf VoxBox.  Another FYI, I ususaly drin kmy tea plain, i never add sugar, milk or lemon to my tea. I think this Black tea with Vanilla is really nice. The ingrediants are Black tea, ground vanilla beans, marigold petals and natural flavor. I think the vanilla ia sublte, I would have liked it t o be a bit stronger, but thats okay, I appreciate the natural flavor.  I hate artificial flavorings in teas. I also appreciate that the tea is Rainforest Alliance certified and its a single origin tea from India. As far as the taste, I would say its not very strong, medium bodies and the vanilla is subtle.  One last thing I would like is add is that I like the jar its in.  Ithink the tea will stay fresher longer in this jar than tea that comes in a box.  I recived this tea compliments of Influenster for review purposes, however al lopinions stated are soely my own.
Carmen V.
This has really strong & tasty flavour with almost a bit of overpowering vanilla, kind of in an artificial way. I do enjoy the flavour & it's great way to start your morning since it's a black tea with caffeine.
Rebecca L.
Las cruces, NM
I love this tea and i love the packaging the tea comes in. Its so full flavored and just smells and looks like it's a great product. I recommend this for those tea lovers out there, you won't be sorry.
Jennifer B.
Harvey, LA
I have to start this off by saying I've been drinking this for a very long time. I'm a huge fan of all of Pure Leaf's tea products. I'm a down South gal so my taste buds naturally gravitate towards tea. I LOVE this stuff! My favorite has been the Black Tea with Vanilla for a long time- but it did take me a while to get warmed up to this flavor. I remember when I first tried it, the vanilla was a little strong for me without any other sweeteners. I've even had one person tell me that it taste like potpourri without a sweetener LOL. But when I got the perfect amount of sugar- and every now and then cream concoction- it's perfect! I usually drink this with 2 tsp of sugar and dab of French Vanilla creamer for taste. It does make the vanilla come out a bit more but it's not as intense with the cream. Hot tea is a very iffy thing to recommend to a non tea drinker so I'd definitely recommend this to anyone who likes tea and who likes a vanilla flavor especially. I received this complimentary from Influenster for testing and review purposes. All opinions are 100% my own!
Chelsea W.
To start off with, I would just say I'm actually not a huge fan of black teas. However, Pure Leaf has made a tea that has allowed me to really appreciate the Black Tea and Vanilla type that I tried. I still found it to be a tad more bitter than I would have liked, but if you steep it just right, it honestly is a really great tea. Yet, still can't get rid of the slight bitter taste no matter what you do, and sugar/stevia/whatever only makes it worse. The vanilla is what really made it for me though. I'm not a huge vanilla person either, so you would really think this tea would go in the trash for me, but for some reason, that vanilla just does it for me! Both the smell and the taste are something that intrigue me and keep me coming back for more. I'd definitely give this tea overall another star if I could get in tune with its more bitter self, but on the other hand...that vanilla!!!
Sarah H.
Midvale, UT
A good tea to have at work. I keep this at my desk for days i want a vanilla flavored tea. It has a very clean taste and isnt too bitter. It is good with milk and honey for a sweet milk tea.
Christina G.
I'm a tea lover, and trying new tea free from Influenster made me super excited to receive this box. The Pure Leaf brand is one that I already loved and buy bottled iced tea from, so this gave me more reasons to be excited.

Vanilla is one of my favorite flavors, so this one was the one I had to try first, especially as it's intended to be a hot tea, and it's winter right now. I received the tea and tried it a few times before writing this review.

This tastes like a good quality black tea and one that I would buy again. The vanilla flavor adds a flavor that is subtle, but present. You can coax a little more by adding sugar and brewing it a bit stronger, but there's something for different kinds of tea lovers here. I do like that this does have a bit of list from caffeine, which makes it a nice morning starter. All in all, the flavor and the quality make this one I am likely to purchase in the future.
Lori O.
New Albany, IN
I've always been an avid tea drinker so I'm always on the lookout for something new to try. I like the PureLeaf bottled teas so I was thrilled to get this voxbox! I really this tea as well. The vanilla flavor isn't too strong to overpower the natural flavor of the tea, but it gives you enough flavor if tea is normally too bitter for your tastes. I find that I most enjoy a cup of this first thing in the morning to get an initial caffeine boost before work. I've even taken to bringing a couple of bags into work with me to keep at my desk to help calm me when things get stressful or to give an extra energy boost in the afternoon. I can get 2 good cups out of each bag before it weakens, which is great for a bagged tea! Overall I'm very happy with this tea and will definitely purchase in the future!
Nichole B.
Memphis, TN
Do you add sugar to the tea
Karen S.
Yvonne H.
Summerville, PA
Is the vanilla flavor strong?
Heather C.
Cassandra M.
How much vanilla flavor is there? Is it really overpowering?