BY PURE LEAF #95 in Tea

Brewing instructions:

Brews 16 servings of Pure Leaf Black Tea with Vanilla per jar.

• I absolutely love tea and not to mention Pure Leaf products. I've...2 Answers
  • What do think about drinking a little more coffee and deciding th...2 Answers
  • Is the vanilla flavor strong?7 Answers
Buy on Target*
Sarah H.
Salt Lake Cty, UT
A good tea to have at work. I keep this at my desk for days i want a vanilla flavored tea. It has a very clean taste and isnt too bitter. It is good with milk and honey for a sweet milk tea.
Christina G.
I'm a tea lover, and trying new tea free from Influenster made me super excited to receive this box. The Pure Leaf brand is one that I already loved and buy bottled iced tea from, so this gave me more reasons to be excited.

Vanilla is one of my favorite flavors, so this one was the one I had to try first, especially as it's intended to be a hot tea, and it's winter right now. I received the tea and tried it a few times before writing this review.

This tastes like a good quality black tea and one that I would buy again. The vanilla flavor adds a flavor that is subtle, but present. You can coax a little more by adding sugar and brewing it a bit stronger, but there's something for different kinds of tea lovers here. I do like that this does have a bit of list from caffeine, which makes it a nice morning starter. All in all, the flavor and the quality make this one I am likely to purchase in the future.
Lori O.
New Albany, IN
I've always been an avid tea drinker so I'm always on the lookout for something new to try. I like the PureLeaf bottled teas so I was thrilled to get this voxbox! I really this tea as well. The vanilla flavor isn't too strong to overpower the natural flavor of the tea, but it gives you enough flavor if tea is normally too bitter for your tastes. I find that I most enjoy a cup of this first thing in the morning to get an initial caffeine boost before work. I've even taken to bringing a couple of bags into work with me to keep at my desk to help calm me when things get stressful or to give an extra energy boost in the afternoon. I can get 2 good cups out of each bag before it weakens, which is great for a bagged tea! Overall I'm very happy with this tea and will definitely purchase in the future!
Emily G.
I've never been a huge fan of non-fruit flavored teas, but this black tea with vanilla from Pure Leaf really changed my mind. The vanilla flavor of the tea is subtle enough that it isn't overpowering the richness of the black tea leaves, and it brings the perfect amount of sweetness to the drink. On top of the vanilla flavor, you also can taste light floral notes in the tea. I take my tea with a spoonful of Truvia sweetener, though I'm sure this tea would be delightful on its own. The triangle-shaped bags were also a nice, aesthetically pleasing touch; however, the string on the bag was a bit short, resulting in the string and tag falling into my tea as I poured the hot water in.
I received this product complimentary from Influenster in exchange for my honest review.
Denille M.
Rochester, MN
I tried the Pure Leaf Black Tea with Vanilla free in exchange for my opinion. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I could taste the vanilla in it but was happy about that as well. I felt like this made it more interesting then other teas I have had in the past.
Something I found interesting about this tea was the shape of the bag. If you ever notice when you put a tea bag in the water it tends to try and float. This one is shaped differently and in that shape it seems to make it sink so that it is easier for it to steep. So I thought that was really well thought out. I am excited for this tea and look forward to trying more that they come out with. Hoping the price goes down just a little though as it is a little more expensive then other brands.
Vanessa A.
Bushkill, PA
I love this tea.I got the black tea with vanilla in my voxbox and really enjoyed it.The first impression is the packaging.It has a nice see thru jar like package where you can veiw the tea nestled in the pyramids.This is so cute you can leave it on a shelf without destroying your decor.Second is the smell once the seal is opened.The aroma is intoxicating and comforting.Third is the steeping.I steeped mine for about 3 mins in hot water.I did not scortch the leaves for any tea over steeped will be bitter.Fourth the flavor was smooth,with the strength of black tea and subtle hints of vanilla.The finish was nice.Not a strong after taste like you get with some teas that have florals.I will purchase this when I finish this jar of wonder.A mini vacation in a cup.
Amanda T.
San Antonio, TX
Thank you to Influenster and Pure Leaf for the Pure Leaf Influenster Box of Free Full-Sized Samples for an Honest Review! I'm deeply grateful and truly excited to be part of this groups for this product.I am big tea connoisseur, so the moment I saw this box I jumped for it and I am so incredibly glad I did. Being that I am a connoisseur, you can bet that I made sure to follow all directions, boiling water to the right temperature and only steeping long enough to get the best of a green tea leaf in my hot (and cold) tea samplings.The Black Tea with Vanilla is going to end up somewhere high up on my lists forever into the future. I love, love, love black teas, especially dark blacks, that are more like the coffee of teas, and this one fits in perfectly there. It's a deep, dark black flavor, that curls into you warming you up, while the vanilla is mellow and warming itself. I'm so addicted! <3
Stephanie S.
Valencia , CA
Currently, I've got over 10 different types of teas from various tea companies—and that's just at my office! (Seriously, there's too many to count at my house). However, this morning I've got Pure Leaf's black tea with vanilla steeping in the ol' mug. Even before brewing a cup and first opening the tea jar, you get a nice waft of vanilla aroma, which is only enhanced once you put hot water to teabag. The vanilla comes through very strongly, and it's like a nice warm vanilla coating that you know is of good quality. There's very little black tea flavor in this tea, and vanilla is the main star here, so there's very little astringency coming through that you sometimes get with black tea (but more with green tea). It's a nice flavor to add to my normal black tea repertoire and I think would pair nicely with a fruity scone!
Tanisha C.
Brooklyn, NY
At first I was nervous to try flavored tea. I only drink tea with lemon. So I received this product to try and loved the overall package. I used 2 tea bags the first time I made a pot because I wanted to make sure I could taste the vanilla. I loved how it smelled while it was sitting in the boiling water. I let the tea bags sit for about 3 min and let it cool before adding sugar to taste. I noticed that I didn't need as much sugar because I taste the strong flavor of the vanilla which is  a good thing because I was thinking it would disappear when cooled. Overall the Black tea with  vanilla  is great tasting and I normally don't drink flavor tea so this was something new and something I will drink more of. Next time I made another smaller cup and the 1 tea bag was just as strong as using 2. So I know that the vanilla flavor will be tasted in every brew.
Michelle C.
I received my #pureleafhomebrew pure leaf tea complimentary from influenster to test and review for free. When I first opened the jar of vanilla black tea, I was immediately welcomed with the scent of vanilla and something I couldn't quite recognize. Upon brewing and tasting it, it tasted like it smelled. That unfamiliar scent may be the marigold (aka saffron of Georgia) and personally, gave me a chalky flavor feel in my mouth. I'm personally not a fan of saffron, so that may just be me. I added vanilla soymilk, as I usually do with black tea, and the vanilla tea worked well with it. I still get that possibly marigold flavor; it's not a bad tea, but I probably won't reach for it and hey, at least I might have learned how marigold tastes like!
Nichole B.
Memphis, TN
Do you add sugar to the tea
Karen S.
Yvonne H.
Summerville, PA
Is the vanilla flavor strong?
Cassandra M.
How much vanilla flavor is there? Is it really overpowering?
Heather C.