BY PURE LEAF #17 in Tea

Brewing instructions:

Brews 16 servings of Pure Leaf Black Tea with Vanilla per jar.

• I absolutely love tea and not to mention Pure Leaf produc...2 Answers
  • What do think about drinking a little more coffee and dec...2 Answers
  • Is the vanilla flavor strong?7 Answers
Buy on Target*
Francis S.
I received this in the Pure Leaf VoxBox. I'm not a huge black tea fan because sometimes it can be intense so I wasn't sure if I'd like this. I was surprised after steeping 3 minutes past the recommended amount (2 minutes) it was still not overwhelming and overpowering. It has a very light vanilla undertone. I usually use 2 sugar packets but had to use 3 on this one since it had no sweetness factor on its own but that's to be expected with the ingredients: black tea, ground vanilla beans, marigold petals, natural flavor. I wish they would specify on the packaging if it contains caffeine like most of the other tea box competitors do (not that it doesn't contain it but since sometimes manufacturers pull the caffeine from black tea leaves and specify both either way). Overall, it wasn't my favorite tea (and I love hot tea) and so it will not be in the batch of teas I keep constantly stocked in my house. Thank you Influenster for letting me test.
Melissa Y.
Thanks influenster for sending me this product to try and give my honest review... I must say I was very skeptical at first... I am not a big fan of black tea... until I tried this one. I like the packaging; once I removed the seal from the plastic jar, I got a nice smell of vanilla... so delicious and the tea bags material seem to be good and let the tea brew pretty fast ... After letting my tea bag brew for 3 min I tried my first sip and Oh Surprise!!! it was good!! it's not so strong and it doest leave that bitter aftertaste ( which its usually the case for most of black teas) which I love and has the perfect amount of sweetness ( I don't like to add sugar on my teas) this is definitely a plus! ... Did I mention I LOVED the aroma this tea has?! I definitely recommend it and will be buying it once I run out ! Thanks @influenster and @pureleaf
Lani G.
Gardena, CA
My go to tea is the unsweetened black tea from Pure Leaf & I was pleasantly surprised that they had new varieties of tea to try. Upon receiving the samples I thought I was going to like the Green tea with citrus better than the Black tea with Vanilla. I was wrong! The Black tea with Vanilla is my favorite.

This tea is comfort in a cup. It's so soothing with a nice aroma. You can really taste the ground vanilla beans but it's not overpowering or too sweet. I've only drank this warm but I'm sure it'll taste just as great iced. Oh & I didn't add sweetener so I'm not sure how it would taste sweeter. The bottle also does not indicate the strength of caffeine but I've had no problems with falling asleep when I drank this at night.

I'm normally not a vanilla girl but I'm hooked on this tea. I've drank it every night since I received my box & I'm planning to purchase this when I run out.
Kristen G.
Myrtle Beach, SC
While I'm more of a coffee drinker than a tea drinker, I do like tea and typically I like "plain" tea but the idea of vanilla tea intrigued me when I got it from Influenster so I had to try some immediately. I loved the sweet aroma and maybe it was my mind playing tricks on me but I found that I could less sugar that way as well. The tea was very flavorful with only just a little sugar which I really liked. I also loved the plastic canister which I felt stored more easily and would keep the tea fresher than just being open in cardboard box. I think the string should be just a bit longer because I always used a big cup to make sure I could drink a big cup of this delicious tea and every single time the short string made the tag fall into my cup and I had to fish it out. But not a huge deal. I guess I could just take it off when it was steeping too but like to make it easy to pull out. All in all, loved the tea and will definitely plan to be searching this out on the shelves at my local grocery store.
Chelsea W.
To start off with, I would just say I'm actually not a huge fan of black teas. However, Pure Leaf has made a tea that has allowed me to really appreciate the Black Tea and Vanilla type that I tried. I still found it to be a tad more bitter than I would have liked, but if you steep it just right, it honestly is a really great tea. Yet, still can't get rid of the slight bitter taste no matter what you do, and sugar/stevia/whatever only makes it worse. The vanilla is what really made it for me though. I'm not a huge vanilla person either, so you would really think this tea would go in the trash for me, but for some reason, that vanilla just does it for me! Both the smell and the taste are something that intrigue me and keep me coming back for more. I'd definitely give this tea overall another star if I could get in tune with its more bitter self, but on the other hand...that vanilla!!!
Aly N.
First it's important to know that I'm not a huge hot tea drinker. However, when I opt for tea, I'm big on classic black tea without anything frilly. Enter Pure Leaf Black Tea with Vanilla.

I've been a long-time fan of Pure Leaf. I buy their cold bottled teas fairly often (particularly their tea-lemonade combination) and I know they're a safe bet to avoid more unhealthy drinks with an exceptional number of artificial ingredients. This tea is no different—it's not my favorite, but I'll definitely be finishing the rest of the bags.

The tea smells strongly of vanilla when you open the package, which is both a good and a bad thing. I love the smell of vanilla extract, but I'm super wary of vanilla-flavored anything because it's historically tasted like a candle smells. This tea's vanilla flavor is more muted than you'd think—unfortunately so are the black tea elements, which I didn't find strong enough to my taste, even after letting it steep for much longer than necessary. Not bad.
Sarah H.
Salt Lake Cty, UT
A good tea to have at work. I keep this at my desk for days i want a vanilla flavored tea. It has a very clean taste and isnt too bitter. It is good with milk and honey for a sweet milk tea.
Lori O.
New Albany, IN
I've always been an avid tea drinker so I'm always on the lookout for something new to try. I like the PureLeaf bottled teas so I was thrilled to get this voxbox! I really this tea as well. The vanilla flavor isn't too strong to overpower the natural flavor of the tea, but it gives you enough flavor if tea is normally too bitter for your tastes. I find that I most enjoy a cup of this first thing in the morning to get an initial caffeine boost before work. I've even taken to bringing a couple of bags into work with me to keep at my desk to help calm me when things get stressful or to give an extra energy boost in the afternoon. I can get 2 good cups out of each bag before it weakens, which is great for a bagged tea! Overall I'm very happy with this tea and will definitely purchase in the future!
Emily G.
I've never been a huge fan of non-fruit flavored teas, but this black tea with vanilla from Pure Leaf really changed my mind. The vanilla flavor of the tea is subtle enough that it isn't overpowering the richness of the black tea leaves, and it brings the perfect amount of sweetness to the drink. On top of the vanilla flavor, you also can taste light floral notes in the tea. I take my tea with a spoonful of Truvia sweetener, though I'm sure this tea would be delightful on its own. The triangle-shaped bags were also a nice, aesthetically pleasing touch; however, the string on the bag was a bit short, resulting in the string and tag falling into my tea as I poured the hot water in.
I received this product complimentary from Influenster in exchange for my honest review.
Denille M.
Rochester, MN
I tried the Pure Leaf Black Tea with Vanilla free in exchange for my opinion. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I could taste the vanilla in it but was happy about that as well. I felt like this made it more interesting then other teas I have had in the past.
Something I found interesting about this tea was the shape of the bag. If you ever notice when you put a tea bag in the water it tends to try and float. This one is shaped differently and in that shape it seems to make it sink so that it is easier for it to steep. So I thought that was really well thought out. I am excited for this tea and look forward to trying more that they come out with. Hoping the price goes down just a little though as it is a little more expensive then other brands.
Nichole B.
Memphis, TN
Do you add sugar to the tea
Karen S.
Yvonne H.
Summerville, PA
Is the vanilla flavor strong?
Cassandra M.
How much vanilla flavor is there? Is it really overpowering?
Heather C.