BY PURE LEAF #92 in Tea

Brewing instructions:

Brews 16 servings of Pure Leaf Black Tea with Vanilla per jar.

• I absolutely love tea and not to mention Pure Leaf products. I've...2 Answers
  • What do think about drinking a little more coffee and deciding th...2 Answers
  • Is the vanilla flavor strong?7 Answers
Buy on Target*
Madeline L.
Magalia, CA
In the summer I drink these on a daily basis. I love the subtle hints of vanilla and it’s perfect warm or over ice. I do add a little sugar though but that’s just my preference. It could easily be enjoyed by itself!
Lyndsey B.
Mcloud, OK
I believe this may be my new favorite tea. I love having a nice hot cup of tea either during the day or as I am settling down for the night. I was sent this to review for my honest opinion on the product. It was complimentary of influenster. I loved the flavor of this tea. It has just the right amount of vanilla flavor. The vanilla was not overpowering it was subtle and delicious. I love the triangle tea bags I feel like it is easier to brew to allow the water to circulate in the leaves. I will be purchasing this when I run out. I love Pure leaf bottled tea so I was pretty excited to give their homebrew tea a try. I was not disappointed with this tea at all it was full of flavor and just what I needed to wind down after a long day. Thank you @influenster and @pureleaf for the chance to review this product. #pureleafhomebrew #contest I would recommend this tea to other tea lovers.
Francis S.
I received this in the Pure Leaf VoxBox. I'm not a huge black tea fan because sometimes it can be intense so I wasn't sure if I'd like this. I was surprised after steeping 3 minutes past the recommended amount (2 minutes) it was still not overwhelming and overpowering. It has a very light vanilla undertone. I usually use 2 sugar packets but had to use 3 on this one since it had no sweetness factor on its own but that's to be expected with the ingredients: black tea, ground vanilla beans, marigold petals, natural flavor. I wish they would specify on the packaging if it contains caffeine like most of the other tea box competitors do (not that it doesn't contain it but since sometimes manufacturers pull the caffeine from black tea leaves and specify both either way). Overall, it wasn't my favorite tea (and I love hot tea) and so it will not be in the batch of teas I keep constantly stocked in my house. Thank you Influenster for letting me test.
Lani G.
Gardena, CA
My go to tea is the unsweetened black tea from Pure Leaf & I was pleasantly surprised that they had new varieties of tea to try. Upon receiving the samples I thought I was going to like the Green tea with citrus better than the Black tea with Vanilla. I was wrong! The Black tea with Vanilla is my favorite.

This tea is comfort in a cup. It's so soothing with a nice aroma. You can really taste the ground vanilla beans but it's not overpowering or too sweet. I've only drank this warm but I'm sure it'll taste just as great iced. Oh & I didn't add sweetener so I'm not sure how it would taste sweeter. The bottle also does not indicate the strength of caffeine but I've had no problems with falling asleep when I drank this at night.

I'm normally not a vanilla girl but I'm hooked on this tea. I've drank it every night since I received my box & I'm planning to purchase this when I run out.
MELISSA Y.
Thanks influenster for sending me this product to try and give my honest review... I must say I was very skeptical at first... I am not a big fan of black tea... until I tried this one. I like the packaging; once I removed the seal from the plastic jar, I got a nice smell of vanilla... so delicious and the tea bags material seem to be good and let the tea brew pretty fast ... After letting my tea bag brew for 3 min I tried my first sip and Oh Surprise!!! it was good!! it's not so strong and it doest leave that bitter aftertaste ( which its usually the case for most of black teas) which I love and has the perfect amount of sweetness ( I don't like to add sugar on my teas) this is definitely a plus! ... Did I mention I LOVED the aroma this tea has?! I definitely recommend it and will be buying it once I run out ! Thanks @influenster and @pureleaf
Kristen G.
Myrtle Beach, SC
While I'm more of a coffee drinker than a tea drinker, I do like tea and typically I like "plain" tea but the idea of vanilla tea intrigued me when I got it from Influenster so I had to try some immediately. I loved the sweet aroma and maybe it was my mind playing tricks on me but I found that I could less sugar that way as well. The tea was very flavorful with only just a little sugar which I really liked. I also loved the plastic canister which I felt stored more easily and would keep the tea fresher than just being open in cardboard box. I think the string should be just a bit longer because I always used a big cup to make sure I could drink a big cup of this delicious tea and every single time the short string made the tag fall into my cup and I had to fish it out. But not a huge deal. I guess I could just take it off when it was steeping too but like to make it easy to pull out. All in all, loved the tea and will definitely plan to be searching this out on the shelves at my local grocery store.
Jennifer B.
Harvey, LA
I have to start this off by saying I've been drinking this for a very long time. I'm a huge fan of all of Pure Leaf's tea products. I'm a down South gal so my taste buds naturally gravitate towards tea. I LOVE this stuff! My favorite has been the Black Tea with Vanilla for a long time- but it did take me a while to get warmed up to this flavor. I remember when I first tried it, the vanilla was a little strong for me without any other sweeteners. I've even had one person tell me that it taste like potpourri without a sweetener LOL. But when I got the perfect amount of sugar- and every now and then cream concoction- it's perfect! I usually drink this with 2 tsp of sugar and dab of French Vanilla creamer for taste. It does make the vanilla come out a bit more but it's not as intense with the cream. Hot tea is a very iffy thing to recommend to a non tea drinker so I'd definitely recommend this to anyone who likes tea and who likes a vanilla flavor especially. I received this complimentary from Influenster for testing and review purposes. All opinions are 100% my own!
Jennifer D.
Rosamond, CA
This tea is a nice light black tea that isn't too strong for beginning tea drinkers. I love black tea so I was really excited for a black tea to try. I got this (complimentary) from influenster in a box along with another one. Now, as a disclaimer of my own, I usually dislike (intensely) vanilla in my tea. It's overpowering and doesn't let you taste almost anything else. This one was not very different from that so if you love vanilla, it's definitely the tea for you. I put white sugar and a splash of milk in mine to make it better. I didn't hate it. It was pretty good. Putting my loathing of vanilla in tea aside, it's a good sip. I have one thing to say about the ingredients though - for a Pure Leaf tea, why am I seeing "natural flavors" in the list? I dislike when that happens because I don't want flavors added if I can manage it because as a person who suffers from a stomach disorder, those "natural flavors" can cause stomach upsets. I'm hopeful I won't end up sick but I will throw it out there in case others have the same problem. Overall, I'd definitely recommend and I enjoyed it. Well done!

Chelsea W.
To start off with, I would just say I'm actually not a huge fan of black teas. However, Pure Leaf has made a tea that has allowed me to really appreciate the Black Tea and Vanilla type that I tried. I still found it to be a tad more bitter than I would have liked, but if you steep it just right, it honestly is a really great tea. Yet, still can't get rid of the slight bitter taste no matter what you do, and sugar/stevia/whatever only makes it worse. The vanilla is what really made it for me though. I'm not a huge vanilla person either, so you would really think this tea would go in the trash for me, but for some reason, that vanilla just does it for me! Both the smell and the taste are something that intrigue me and keep me coming back for more. I'd definitely give this tea overall another star if I could get in tune with its more bitter self, but on the other hand...that vanilla!!!
Aly N.
First it's important to know that I'm not a huge hot tea drinker. However, when I opt for tea, I'm big on classic black tea without anything frilly. Enter Pure Leaf Black Tea with Vanilla.

I've been a long-time fan of Pure Leaf. I buy their cold bottled teas fairly often (particularly their tea-lemonade combination) and I know they're a safe bet to avoid more unhealthy drinks with an exceptional number of artificial ingredients. This tea is no different—it's not my favorite, but I'll definitely be finishing the rest of the bags.

The tea smells strongly of vanilla when you open the package, which is both a good and a bad thing. I love the smell of vanilla extract, but I'm super wary of vanilla-flavored anything because it's historically tasted like a candle smells. This tea's vanilla flavor is more muted than you'd think—unfortunately so are the black tea elements, which I didn't find strong enough to my taste, even after letting it steep for much longer than necessary. Not bad.
Nichole B.
Memphis, TN
Do you add sugar to the tea
Karen S.
Yvonne H.
Summerville, PA
Is the vanilla flavor strong?
Jessye W.
Cincinnati, OH
Has anyone tried this iced? Is it good?
Laura O.