BY PURE LEAF #44 in Tea

Brewing instructions:

Brews 16 servings of Pure Leaf Black Tea with Vanilla per jar.

• I absolutely love tea and not to mention Pure Leaf products. I've...2 Answers
  • What do think about drinking a little more coffee and deciding th...2 Answers
  • Is the vanilla flavor strong?7 Answers
Buy on Walmart*
Sora I.
Sora I.
To preface this review, I am a frequent tea drinker of both bagged and loose leaf teas, and I never add sugar or milk to my tea.

I drank this one the same way in order to best taste the flavor and did enjoy it, although there is nothing particularly outstanding about it. It essentially tastes like your run-of-the-mill black tea with a hint of vanilla flavor.

However, if you are a big fan of vanilla-flavored teas, you will probably enjoy this one! I always manage to get a few uses out of the teabag (I'm the person who constantly continues pouring hot water over my old teabags to make them last as long as possible), and it will probably taste good cold as well.

I'm planning to use some of the remaining teabags to make milk tea boba for the additional vanilla flavor!
Charlotte I.
Charlotte I.
I was lucky enough to receive the pure leaf voxbox and try the vanilla black tea. I Live in the Midwest and experience quite cold winters. One of my go to drinks during this time of year is hot tea. While I have had of the pure leaf bottled tea's before, I had never seen or heard of their homebrew options. Once I received notification that I was going to have the opportunity to try this, I was very excited. The packaging is simple and appealing. The containers are clear and you are able to see the actual tea leaves within the pyramid shaped bags. The scent of the tea is very pleasant and the taste is of strong vanilla with a less strong black tea flavor. I definitely like this and am looking forward to bringing the remaining teabags I have to work!
ShawnTe P.
ShawnTe P.
Elkton, MD
I do like the flavor of this tea. It is a strong tea, I had to use more sweetener with this tea than I do with any other tea I drink. Some say it reminds them of sweet treats. I don't get that from this tea. The best I can explain the layers of this tea is like when you taste good wine. This tea has a bouquet to it. The smell of it in the canister is very nice and it translates to the flavor of the tea where you can taste depth to it. If I am honest I think I love the aroma of the tea leaves way more than I enjoy the taste of the tea.

If you are the type who cooks with tea, I think this could be a good tea to cook with as well. I will probably experiment with this with some soups and maybe a few desserts this year.
Marcia L.
Marcia L.
Standish, ME
I was excited to have been selected for the Pure Leaf VoxBox. I am a huge fan of Pure Leaf Iced Tea—specifically the raspberry flavor—so Pure Leaf already set the bar high. As soon as the box arrived, I brewed up a cup of the Black Tea with Vanilla and was not disappointed. I was greeted with the calming aroma of faint vanilla. I liked that it was not overpowering. I believe the pyramid-shaped tea bags allows for a more even steeping. And not sure if it was the tea, the vanilla or what, but I only added a half teaspoon of honey and the sweetness level for me was perfect. I think the black tea with vanilla is the perfect way to end a hectic workday and or a nice way to transition into a stress-free weekend morning
Thalia A.
Thalia A.
So I have never had any Pure Leaf product and I got this sent to me complimentary for taste testing purposes. I love tea! I drink it at home on a rainy day when I'm sick and when I am at work (hence the DryBar mug!!) I just now made the black tea and vanilla so what I did was brew some hot water steeped the tea bag added some UNSWETENED Almond Milk (that's what I have right now) and 2 little packets of sugar I love all my teas with either milk or half and half. So I let my mom try some and she loves the vanilla flavor and likes that it doesn't taste so "earthy" and my brother tried it and he says it taste like chai tea but like a lighter version I love it and can't wait to try the green tea but ICED!! ☕️☕️
Tanya A.
Tanya A.
Bennington, NE
Received a container of pure leaf black tea with vanilla complimentary for my honest opinion. I was a bit skeptical initially, because I do not care for pure leaf's iced tea. I find it bitter and somewhat sour even. BUT...I was pleasantly surprised. Nice container that is very well sealed to preserve freshness of the leaves. The smell was absolutely delightful! I steeped a bag in a hot mug of water for 2-3 minutes. The smell was heavenly. At first taste I wanted more vanilla...but then realized the suttle hint was perfect! It made the tea rich and smooth without any hint of bitterness. I loved it! Looking forward to another cup, and I would even purchase this after gone! Nice job on this one Pure Leaf!
Ikeana B.
Ikeana B.
Saint Paul, MN
This is my new favorite tea that I received complimentary from Influenster. I really enjoyed the hint of vanilla that this tea has the black tea has a very distinct flavor a bit different from herbal teas, I like it.. I placed one of the tea bag into my cup of hot water and let it steep removed the tea bag and added my choice of sweetner or nothing at all and enjoyed my tea. How did Influenster know that I love tea so much. This is a tea that I will continue to keep in my tea selection. The packaging was perfect for viewing and protection of the tea bags. I also like the security tape and inner foil for extra protection from tampering. This was all around a wonderful tea experience.
Josie S.
Josie S.
This complimentary tea from Pure Leaf had a beautiful aroma, I could smell the distinct smell of a rich black tea with a hint of vanilla. Usually, I like my tea with Sweetner and sometimes a dash of milk. I decided to try the tea plain, first. The flavor was bold and exactly like I imagined after smelling the aroma produced by the tea. Although it was flavorful, the tea was smooth. The tea didn't need anything added, it was perfect. This is the first tea I have enjoyed without adding any other products to change the natural taste. I'm highly impressed and will be enjoying many more cups of President Leaf relaxing black tea in the future. I received this product free to review.
Shannon Z.
Shannon Z.
Wilmington, NC
I liked the black tea with vanilla! It was different than most teas in that it was sweeter almost like a dessert. It's not a tea that I could see myself having everyday but it was nice to mix it up. I enjoyed it more in the evening after dinner when I was winding down in place of candy or sweets. I'd recommend this tea if you are looking for something different. The taste is comparable to a sweet tea that you would find at Teavana. I also liked the pyramid shaped bag that the tea came it. It allowed the loose leaf tea to move around and expand as it absorbs water. I received this tea complimentary from Pure Leaf and Influenster, however, the opinion is honest and my own.
Brein G.
Brein G.
Oakland, CA
So, I have a ton of tea in my cupboard and I am not a stranger when it comes to vanilla teas. I was honestly surprised that I fell in love with this tea as soon as I tried it. I brought a tea bag with me to work and while I was on break I made a cup. It has a nice subtle vanilla smell. The aroma was very soft and sweet. I usually drink my tea with milk and sugar, but at that moment I just had without the frills. It is a very nice light black tea, it does not have a very heavy taste and the vanilla taste is delicate. When I came home I made a second cup with milk and sugar and it was just as good. I would strongly recommend this tea to anyone who enjoys a good cup.
Nichole B.
Nichole B.
Memphis, TN
Do you add sugar to the tea
Karen S.
Karen S.
Yvonne H.
Yvonne H.
Summerville, PA
Is the vanilla flavor strong?
Laura O.
Laura O.
Cassandra M.
Cassandra M.
How much vanilla flavor is there? Is it really overpowering?