BY PURE LEAF #36 in Tea

Brewing instructions:

Brews 16 servings of Pure Leaf Black Tea with Vanilla per jar.

• I absolutely love tea and not to mention Pure Leaf products. I've b...2 Answers
  • What do think about drinking a little more coffee and deciding that...2 Answers
  • Is the vanilla flavor strong?7 Answers
Buy on Target*
Jessye W.
Jessye W.
Cincinnati, OH
This is a solid but not overly awesome black tea. It has a pleasant light scent, but once brewed tastes like a standard black tea. The vanilla is barely noticeable, so I was a bit disappointed. As a slight warning, the tea becomes very strong and bitter if you leave the tea bag in for more than a couple minutes. I recommend removing the bag after about 2 minutes to avoid the bitterness. Overall, it's a nice tasting tea but it's not different from many others. Also, I do not like that the bag is made from nylon. Most tea bags are compostable and therefore earth friendly. These are not compostable and will just end up in a land fill. Same goes for the plastic container, as opposed to a normal cardboard box that can be recycled.
Christine B.
Christine B.
Columbus, OH
Not my cup of tea...lol. However the flavors are strong and it is a high quality product.
Krissy V.
Krissy V.
Friendswood, TX
The tea had a delicious hint of vanilla and wasn't too harsh. This was my first time trying this brand. The tea bag was different than other available teas. I received this tea for free to review!
Emily L.
Emily L.
Davenport, IA
I am a big tea drinker and was impressed with this tea! I enjoyed that it was in a bag, but the leaves were not pulverized like many bagged teas. I thought the packaging was classy and inviting. I really liked the flavor of the tea! It had a classic black tea flavor, but with the added sweetness of vanilla. I didn't need any sweetener it was perfect. This is a fantastic tea!
Jenny R.
Jenny R.
The Black Tea with vanilla is nice when you first taste it. However, the aftertaste is a bit perfumy and cloying. If you really enjoy vanilla with your tea, thesis is the tea for you. If not, I would steer clear of this one. A bit of a miss for me.
Raven N.
Raven N.
i've liked this brand for awhile, so when influenster sent me some of this for free to review, i was super excited. it's very smooth, and while i do sweeten my tea most of the time, i think i could drink this one plain and still love it. the vanilla adds just enough sweetness on its own. i also really like the packaging on this stuff, cos cardboard boxes don't seem to keep tea bags as fresh if they're not individually-wrapped, but this plastic jar-style packaging stays sealed up tight.
Kelly W.
Kelly W.
Sacramento, CA
I love the black tea with vanilla. The flavor is refreshing, tastes great with a hint of vanilla. I appreciate that they disclosure where the tea comes from a Rainforest Alliance Certified estate. This tea is excellent both hot or iced cold. I also like the safety seal on the container. The container helps keep the tea fresh and prevents staleness. I would recommend that if you enjoy drinking tea to try this brand. It's excellent taste, crisp and smooth especially on a cold rainy day.
Stanislava I.
Stanislava I.
Brooklyn, NY
Got this for free in a voxbox. I WAS excited to try it. The package is lovely! But, one, it's in those horrible nylon/plastic mesh things instead of paper that don't let the tea brew properly. Two, the flavor lacks depth past a superficial punch of vanilla. It's an okay tea for the price but it is not nearly as lux as it wants to seem.
Rebecca H.
Rebecca H.
This tea is okay. I don't prefer the vanilla flavor in my teas and could go without it and just drink the Pure Leaf black tea. I prefer the Green Tea with Citrus instead. The packaging is pleasant and I would recommend this product to others for parties or just a refreshing drink to have on hand.
Judea K.
Judea K.
Salem , OR
My household enjoyed this tea very much. I tried it hot and it was really tasty. I like that I didn't need to add sugar to it. I think this will be a new regular around here.
Nichole B.
Nichole B.
Memphis, TN
Do you add sugar to the tea
Karen S.
Karen S.
Yvonne H.
Yvonne H.
Summerville, PA
Is the vanilla flavor strong?
Laura O.
Laura O.
Cassandra M.
Cassandra M.
How much vanilla flavor is there? Is it really overpowering?