BY PURE BALANCE

The Pure Balance™ Promise: At Pure Balance™, we believe in one pure and simple thought--the best nutrition for your dog starts with the best ingredients. That's why each one of our super premium recipes contains no corn, wheat or soy. Each is made with carefully selected ingredients to ensure your dog gets all the nutrition he needs without any of the extra stuff he doesn't. Our best goes into the foods we make. It's the Pure Balance™ way and our promise to you and your dog. see more...

• Anybody know what flavors this comes in4 Answers
  • If my dog is allergic to grain can I still feed her this product ...1 Answers
Buy on Walmart
Samantha E.
Oklahoma City , OK
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I buy this exact bag twice a month, sometimes three for my dogs. I have a Husky who doesn’t eat too much, and I have a Malamute who loves eating. This is the only brand and flavor of dog food we’ve ever used, and even after all these years, my dogs love it! It is affordable compared to other brands and I will continue to buy it for my dogs.
krystal h.
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
my dogs love this food. It's great for all ages- I've fed them this food since they were just a few months old and it is great! their fur looks good, their nails grow fast (so you know there is enough vitamins and proteins they need) and my beagle even has weird stomach issues sometimes and this food works for her. love!
Kathleen F.
Oswego, NY
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I’ve used this for all of my dogs since I got them! I prefer the chicken because of the better price. I wish they offered this brand for cats as well. It keeps my dogs coat shiney and she has never had an issue with digestion. It’s a healthy alternative to the very expensive brands!
Amber S.
My dog (black lab/malamute mix)has a very sensitive stomach. If she eats something that doesn't agree with her she gets what is basically really bad heartburn and barfs up all her food, and then continues to barf up bile until her stomach calms down, which can sometimes take days.

Since we started her on this food 4 years ago she has had almost no stomach issues. She loves it, and it makes her fur/hair soft, shiny, and overall makes her look like a dog supermodel. And since it's carried at Wal-Mart we can buy it anywhere we travel, which is super convenient. It's a little pricier than other brands, but is well worth it!
Brian H.
Chattanooga, TN
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
To anyone who is having health issues potentially related to this food: PLEASE REPORT IT. Call the number on the bag. It's 1-877-307-2192. It's WalMart Brands' hotline. Give them the batch number on the bag that has given you trouble. Tell them your dog's symptoms/what your vet has told you/what it's costing you to get this all figured out. To report it to the FDA, go to fda.gov / petfoodcomplaints.

I've been feeding my dog the Chicken and Brown Rice food for over a year with no issue, and suddenly one bag I bought looked off, a bit darker than usual, and after a few days of eating it he couldn't seem to drink enough water, to the point where if he wasn't taken out every couple hours he was having accidents. WalMart has taken my complaint very seriously, filed a ticket, and a few days after calling them I received a call from Ainsworth Pet Nutrition, saying they were the manufacturers and they wanted to know if my dog is continuing to have symptoms and if I'd been refunded for the food.After getting bloodwork done with it coming back showing heightened liver enzymes, two vets now agree, it was almost certainly the off bag of food, especially given how quickly he returned to normal after stopping the food. However, he was only on it a week - had he continued to eat it longer, it could've been a lot worse.

Ainsworth has not yet said what they're going to do about it, but until it's figured out, I really would recommend staying away from Pure Balance brand and any other Ainsworth foods (Rachel Ray's Nutrish, Dad's, and Better Than treats). Sadly on other sites I've seen I'm not the only one who's had this issue.
Alex S.
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
This works perfectly for my highly active husky shepherd mix. It keeps him in shape, at a healthy weight, regular stool, and active as ever! I'm very picky with what I feed my boy, so this is the best low cost option for the time being!
Karla V.
El Paso, TX
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I’m in love with this brand and my digs love it. It’s grain free and the first ingredient is chicken , it’s really affordable and it’s a good diet for my dogs I would recommend it 100%
Elle W.
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
My doggie loves this food! The little pebble like pieces are easy for him to chew. We switch up the flavors so he can taste different ones. He enjoys this flavor.
Michelle K.
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I have 2 dogs one is a medium beagle mix and one is a large white husky.  My beagle will pretty much eat anything, he's got an iron stomach.  My white husky will eat anything but will have bad tummy problems if he does.  This is really the only food that I can feed him with out him getting the runs.  My hubby and I checked out the quality and ingredients of this food vs more expensive brand name food and this is the winner.  So much bang for the buck.  We will never go back to anyother food.  The only problem I have is finding it....it's at walmart but there are times when they don't have the larger bags in stock.
Ashton G.
orlando, fl
My dog loves this food! When I got her from the pound I was told that her hair loss on her tail and lower back was permanent. I had her on blue buffalo, science diet and biljac. All Expensive$$! Then my vet recommend pure balance at wal-mart! Now all her hair has grown back in and she is a happy dog! I recommend this very much for anyone with a dog who travels as Wal-Marts are every where , very easy to pick up. Also much cheaper than specialty brands at Pet-Co, PetSmart etc.
Btw for reference my dog is a 7 year old american bulldog, pitbull mix. Pure Balance™ Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe Dog Food 15 lb. Bag
jennifer b.
Etobicoke, Ontario
Anybody know what flavors this comes in
Felisha L.
Asheville
If my dog is allergic to grain can I still feed her this product is it grain free