Pets & AnimalsDogDog SuppliesPURE BALANCE
pure balance chicken & brown rice recipe dog food

pure balance™ chicken & brown rice recipe dog food

by PURE BALANCE

The Pure Balance™ Promise: At Pure Balance™, we believe in one pure and simple thought--the best nutrition for your dog starts with the best ingredients. That's why each one of our super premium recipes contains no corn, wheat or soy. Each is made with carefully selected ingredients to ensure your dog gets all the nutrition he needs without any of the extra stuff he doesn't. Our best goes into the foods we make. It's the Pure Balance™ way and our promise to you and your dog.

If my dog is allergic to grain can I still feed her this product is it grain free
Anybody know what flavors this comes in
Start your review of pure balance™ chicken & brown rice recipe dog food !
Lizette M.
Port St Lucie, FL
My dog prefers this brand over any other. This product definatley has helped his digestive system. I also like to get him the small wet foods from this maker to mix w the dry to give him a treat.
Brian H.
Chattanooga, TN
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
To anyone who is having health issues potentially related to this food: PLEASE REPORT IT. Call the number on the bag. It's 1-877-307-2192. It's WalMart Brands' hotline. Give them the batch number on the bag that has given you trouble. Tell them your dog's symptoms/what your vet has told you/what it's costing you to get this all figured out. To report it to the FDA, go to fda.gov / petfoodcomplaints.

I've been feeding my dog the Chicken and Brown Rice food for over a year with no issue, and suddenly one bag I bought looked off, a bit darker than usual, and after a few days of eating it he couldn't seem to drink enough water, to the point where if he wasn't taken out every couple hours he was having accidents. WalMart has taken my complaint very seriously, filed a ticket, and a few days after calling them I received a call from Ainsworth Pet Nutrition, saying they were the manufacturers and they wanted to know if my dog is continuing to have symptoms and if I'd been refunded for the food.After getting bloodwork done with it coming back showing heightened liver enzymes, two vets now agree, it was almost certainly the off bag of food, especially given how quickly he returned to normal after stopping the food. However, he was only on it a week - had he continued to eat it longer, it could've been a lot worse.

Ainsworth has not yet said what they're going to do about it, but until it's figured out, I really would recommend staying away from Pure Balance brand and any other Ainsworth foods (Rachel Ray's Nutrish, Dad's, and Better Than treats). Sadly on other sites I've seen I'm not the only one who's had this issue.

Crystal S.
Benton, KY
Pet Lover Expert Level 4
I started feeding this to my critters a couple of years ago after finally reading up and educating myself on the actual quality of dog food. Since switching my dog's coats are shinier, they shed less, have gained and maintained a healthy weight, and the one dog that had skin and allergy issues no longer does. I am so glad that I switched to this food!
Kandra L.
Purchased at: Walmart
My dog loves it. Hes a blue nose pit. Hasn't had any intestinal problems. He gets full faster. Now it is a bit pricey. For a 24lb bag its $50. At least at Walmart. I personally hate the smell. It smells like fish bait. My dog does have more energy. Gets more protein. And a better grain
Natalia L.
Atlanta, GA
Purchased at: Walmart
My dog loves it and I do too. This food looks good, smells good and seem healthy. It’s affordable and I can recommend this product to anybody. I definitely buy this dog food again. If my dog is happy, I’m happy :)
Stephanie  R.
Pet Lover Expert Level 4
pure balance™ chicken & brown rice recipe dog food  uploaded by Stephanie  R.
My dog loves this food. We had her on purina and found out she has a corn allergy. We tried this one and she loves it. Since there is no corn, her fur has come back and she doesn't itch. She loves this food and so does my other dog. It's easy to find at most stores and has a wet food option which she also loves!!
Sarah T.
Phoenix
This is the go to food brand for my dog. She has grain allergies and this dry food is grain free! Plus, she inhaled the food so quick, that I’m assuming she loves the taste of it as well! Haha
Kendra L.
Lawton, OK
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
pure balance™ chicken & brown rice recipe dog food  uploaded by Kendra L.
My dog has an allergy to grain, and I ran out one night and walmart was the only place open. I stumbled upon this brand, but I am pleased with it. I have actually switched to this brand from the previous brand because it is more cost efficient and she is doing just fine on it.
Stephanie S.
Sunnyvale, CA
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
My dog absolutely loves this food! Ingredients are of quality and the price is so reasonable! Would recommend this to any dog owner because of quality and price. My dog loves the smell of it when we pop open the bag he wants to eat it straight from the bag. Walmart sells it which is convenient but would like to see it at target and other mass retailers or grocery stores.
Hillary V.
Lebanon, MO
pure balance™ chicken & brown rice recipe dog food  uploaded by Hillary V.
I have two large dogs and this is the food I use daily. My boy has allergies and this gluten free brand is great for him. It is the most expensive brand at Walmart, bid my dogs love it and won't eat anything else. My boy has also had HGE, so he has a very sensitive tummy and we have to watch what he eats. This is a cheaper alternative to the pet store brands.