BY PURA D'OR

3.00 / 5 based on 1 Review

Pura d'or organic scalp and dandruff shampoo is free of harsh chemicals that are the current and leading cause of many chronic hair conditions. see more...

Review (1)
Coleen K.
Clarksburg, WV
As someone that struggles to get rid of dandruff caused by a hormonal imbalance, I was looking forward to give this product a try. What I appreciated is that this shampoo is free of harsh chemicals, contains no SLS, or parabens, and it’s safe for everyday use. It is said to control flaking, scaling, and itching while balancing, soothing, and moisturizing the scalp. It contains ingredients such as biotin, aloe vera, vitamin E, vitamin-B complex, and essential oils such as lavender, argan oil, and tea tree oil.

The overall result was that it’s a gentle shampoo that smells pleasant, lathers well, and works well for those with fine hair. However, when it came to my scalp, it only seemed to make the issue worse. I used this shampoo 2 to 3 times a week as directed, paired with their conditioner, and did not notice a significant improvement despite weeks of using this product. I did not need to use a conditioner with this product because it was moisturizing, and often times opted out from using the conditioner because my hair is naturally oily, and it was still easy to brush, and manage without too many tangles. I asked my mother to try it, who has fine hair, and it worked well for her in regards to removing excess build-up. When it came to my thick, curly hair, and irritated scalp, it did not do much other than cause an increase in flaking, itching, and eczema break-out in areas it wasn’t prior to using.

When it comes to the conditioner, I adore it, and would continue to purchase it if it were cheaper. Due to my hair thickness, I need more than is directed on the bottle. The scent is a calming mix of lavender-vanilla. The packaging is a hard, dark plastic, that is durable. I always praise Pura D’or’s conditioner because it does soften hair within the first use, helps maintain my frizz, and the conditioner’s scent is long-lasting