BY PUR® #6 in Water Filters

PUR’s Ultimate 11-Cup Pitcher features a new, easy-to-use, thumb activated fill lid and electronic filter life indicator so you’ll know when it’s time for a replacement filter. The slim, space saving design means that it fits easily into refrigerators, and a new comfort-grip handle offers a seamless user experience. Each PUR Filter features MAXION® Filter Technology – PUR’s highly specialized formula of blended carbon and ion exchange materials for maximum contaminant reduction – and delivers up to 2 months or 40 gallons of clean, great-tasting water.

PUR Ultimate 11 Cup Pitcher with MAXION™ Filter Technology
  • "Like most people, I questioned whether or not there would be any actual difference between regular tap water and filtered Pur water." in 11 reviews
  • "My brother got me one for my birthday a few years ago because I had been complaining about how terrible the water tasted at my college." in 10 reviews
  • "So I had to always be bottled water and since I love to drink a lot of water this became very costly for a family of 3." in 8 reviews
  • "I absolutely hate when my Brita (or even my older PUR) filter pitcher lid tips over when I'm pouring water and I'm left in a pool of filtered water, all over my kitchen floor." in 6 reviews
  • "best investment nice fresh clean water that is always cold, and you very rarely have to fill it because it hold so much water" in 5 reviews
OK, you may as well stop looking. There is no better carafe style water purifer available for anywhere near this price. I researched this to death (well almost) and am so happy I purchased it. The only negative and I bet this applies to most carafe style is that the first pitcher of water seemed to taste as little salty and that is likely because I did not let the Maxion filter pre-soak enough. So don't be as anxious as I was and soak and rinse the filter like the instructions say.

With my over zealous imagination, I could tell you that this 78 year old man feels even better than I did. With all kidding aside, I am certain that it is the best of it's kind on the market. Hope this helps someone. Jim Monroe. Harrisburg, IL

PS The coffee that I made this morning with the purified water was the best ever.
Erika B.
Lewisville , TX
Foodie Expert
I can't live without this water filter pitcher. Tap water where I live is awful and this makes it taste like bottled water. The filters and pitcher are all very reasonably priced on Amazon. I have had one crack on me but it was the must larger version.
Katie L.
I live in the country so the water isn't great. Since I've had this it's been awesome! I highly recommend it! Much better than brita!
Brittany E.
Olympia, WA
Foodie Expert
Very satisfied with this water filter. Have had no issues with the sensor telling you that it is time to change the filter. It is super easy to change the filter, the only issue is that it takes 5-6 minutes while changing the filter so you kind of need to plan ahead. Water tastes fantastic and it really isn't a hassle as long as you remember to keep filling the pitcher up after you pour glasses of water. Would recommend!
Katie H.
Sterling, VA
My family LOVES this Pur water pitcher. We have significantly cut back on the amount of trash we used to make from bottled water. The water tastes great, only complaint is replacement filters are a bit costly but I find it worth the extra money spent.
Anna P.
Saint Clair, MO
Drinking water straight from the tap can result in unpleasant taste sensations and this is especially true in out of the way places where water is piped into homes and businesses without much treatment. Even in areas where the water does get extra treatment, the tap water can still taste funny and one product that helps eliminate these unusual flavors is the PUR Water Pitcher, a water filtration device. This pitcher is oval in shape, holds 11 cups of water, and like any other pitcher, has a handle that extends and attaches itself near the base of the pitcher. Everyone should try to drink several glasses of water per day but there are many places where the water isn't treated the way it should be, resulting in discolored water with strange flavors that cause many people to shy away from consuming any water straight from the tap. Other areas have water that is mostly clean, but still has the smell/taste of chlorine and other minerals that, again, tends to make people avoid consuming water from the faucet. The Bottom Line: This is a very good water filtration device from PUR. i received these products complimentary for testing purposes from Influenster.
Anna B.
Baton Rouge, LA
Foodie Expert
You've never had great tasting water until you've bought one of these! Probably one of the best things to have in your kitchen. It makes water so crisp and taste so clean! It's great for if you have tap water that isn't that great tasting because it will completely transform it!
Lisa C.
Jacksonville, FL
I like having filtered water in dorm rooms and such that we aren't given a special tap or filter. The only problem is that this one was too big for my tiny barracks room fridge. However, it works well when you have a full fridge. Works for the occasional glass of water or the need for clean water in cooking.
Karen A.
Fairfield, CA
Foodie Expert
I absolutely hate when my Brita (or even my older PUR) filter pitcher lid tips over when I'm pouring water and I'm left in a pool of filtered water, all over my kitchen floor. This filter pitcher rocks. The lid stays on, and my water tastes like liquid gold. I received this complimentary product from Influenster to try out, and I have been pleased. The only annoying thing is sometimes when my sink has stuff in it, it's a pain to get the huge pitcher under the faucet. But whatever, small price to pay for clean water.
Himashi A.
Richmond, VA
After researching several leading water filtering brands, pur stands out as the one filtering system that reduces the majority of pollutants. I do have a filtering system in my fridge that removes the exact same pollutants listed in the pur description, but I needed an extra source of filtered water for accessory use in my kitchen. I couldn’t be happier with this purchase and the quality of water produced after filtration, and the filters are fairly priced. I highly recommend this product!
Chameria D.
Lewisville , TX
Foodie Expert
Has anyone had an issue with getting the sensor to turn on? Also mine didn't come with the change filter sticker :( anyone else have these issues?
Alesia T.
How would you rate this product against the BRITA pitcher? Is it easier to clean/cheaper to maintain? Do you notice a difference in the water?
Marie D.
WAUWATOSA
How well does this work and do you notice a difference in your water?
Isis B.
Can you use at refrigerator?
Yesenia H.
Does the water taste different than the one from the sink?