BY PUR® #9 in Water Filters

PUR’s Ultimate 11-Cup Pitcher features a new, easy-to-use, thumb activated fill lid and electronic filter life indicator so you’ll know when it’s time for a replacement filter. The slim, space saving design means that it fits easily into refrigerators, and a new comfort-grip handle offers a seamless user experience. Each PUR Filter features MAXION® Filter Technology – PUR’s highly specialized formula of blended carbon and ion exchange materials for maximum contaminant reduction – and delivers up to 2 months or 40 gallons of clean, great-tasting water.

Buy on Target*
  • "Like most people, I questioned whether or not there would be any actual difference between regular tap water and filtered Pur water." in 11 reviews
  • "My brother got me one for my birthday a few years ago because I had been complaining about how terrible the water tasted at my college." in 10 reviews
  • "So I had to always be bottled water and since I love to drink a lot of water this became very costly for a family of 3." in 8 reviews
  • "I absolutely hate when my Brita (or even my older PUR) filter pitcher lid tips over when I'm pouring water and I'm left in a pool of filtered water, all over my kitchen floor." in 6 reviews
  • "best investment nice fresh clean water that is always cold, and you very rarely have to fill it because it hold so much water" in 5 reviews
OK, you may as well stop looking. There is no better carafe style water purifer available for anywhere near this price. I researched this to death (well almost) and am so happy I purchased it. The only negative and I bet this applies to most carafe style is that the first pitcher of water seemed to taste as little salty and that is likely because I did not let the Maxion filter pre-soak enough. So don't be as anxious as I was and soak and rinse the filter like the instructions say.

With my over zealous imagination, I could tell you that this 78 year old man feels even better than I did. With all kidding aside, I am certain that it is the best of it's kind on the market. Hope this helps someone. Jim Monroe. Harrisburg, IL

PS The coffee that I made this morning with the purified water was the best ever.
Erika B.
Erika B.
Lewisville , TX
Foodie Expert
I can't live without this water filter pitcher. Tap water where I live is awful and this makes it taste like bottled water. The filters and pitcher are all very reasonably priced on Amazon. I have had one crack on me but it was the must larger version.
Katie H.
Katie H.
Sterling, VA
My family LOVES this Pur water pitcher. We have significantly cut back on the amount of trash we used to make from bottled water. The water tastes great, only complaint is replacement filters are a bit costly but I find it worth the extra money spent.
Katie L.
Katie L.
I live in the country so the water isn't great. Since I've had this it's been awesome! I highly recommend it! Much better than brita!
Brittany E.
Brittany E.
Olympia, WA
Foodie Expert
Very satisfied with this water filter. Have had no issues with the sensor telling you that it is time to change the filter. It is super easy to change the filter, the only issue is that it takes 5-6 minutes while changing the filter so you kind of need to plan ahead. Water tastes fantastic and it really isn't a hassle as long as you remember to keep filling the pitcher up after you pour glasses of water. Would recommend!
Anna B.
Anna B.
Baton Rouge, LA
Foodie Expert
You've never had great tasting water until you've bought one of these! Probably one of the best things to have in your kitchen. It makes water so crisp and taste so clean! It's great for if you have tap water that isn't that great tasting because it will completely transform it!
Lisa C.
Lisa C.
Jacksonville, FL
I like having filtered water in dorm rooms and such that we aren't given a special tap or filter. The only problem is that this one was too big for my tiny barracks room fridge. However, it works well when you have a full fridge. Works for the occasional glass of water or the need for clean water in cooking.
Dawn B.
Dawn B.
Detroit, MI
I love filtered water, and having a pitcher of ice cold filtered water ready to use in your fridge is so convenient. It also saves money on buying bottled water, and saves room in landfills. The replacement filters are not expensive, and last for 2-3 months.
Erin B.
Erin B.
Foodie Expert
I do not like Brits water. It doesn't taste like you got rid of anything at all. It tastes like dirty water- not this purifier. It really does change the taste of the water, and that is what I love so much. I can't stand "dirty" tasting water!!
Sarah B.
Sarah B.
Foodie Expert
I've had my Pur water filter for years. The filters are super easy to change and are not that expensive, especially when you compare to how much you would pay for bottled water. I don't really need a timer to tell me when to change my filter since it's doesn't filter as fast when it's time to change. When I need to get another one, I just want a bigger one.
Chameria D.
Chameria D.
Lewisville, TX
Foodie Expert
Has anyone had an issue with getting the sensor to turn on? Also mine didn't come with the change filter sticker :( anyone else have these issues?
Alesia T.
Alesia T.
How would you rate this product against the BRITA pitcher? Is it easier to clean/cheaper to maintain? Do you notice a difference in the water?
Marie D.
Marie D.
WAUWATOSA
How well does this work and do you notice a difference in your water?
Isis B.
Isis B.
Can you use at refrigerator?
Jasmine G.
Jasmine G.
Villa Rica, GA
How does the Easy-fillthumb activated lid work?