Chantelle R.
Westerly, Rhode Island

What is the easiest most effective way to potty train? I've tried so many things, and nothing is working.. unless she's naked then she'll run in the bathroom and go, otherwise she gets too wrapped up in whatever it is that shes doing and go in her diaper.. shes three... and its frustrating since shes in size 5 diapers .. or 4t-5t pullups .. and even those are getting to be too small.. help! pretty soon she wont fit in any

CJ B.
CJ B.
Springville, NY
3 years, 5 months ago
Regular underwear, sticker charts, rewards, and tons of praise worked best here. Pull-ups were for outings and bedtime.
Sarah M.
Sarah M.
Hammond, IN
3 years, 5 months ago
I also agree that a sticker chart is effective. Also ask her what the problem is. My daughter was scared and wanted the hallway better lit. I also decorated the bathroom and toilet to seem more inviting. Not nagging at them and allowing them to take their time is key. My daughter is 7 and still sometimes wets the bed at night. We use the Good Nites system now.
Ashleigh P.
Ashleigh P.
Chunchula, AL
3 years, 8 months ago
The most effective method I found was a sticker chart (I found ideas on Pinterest). The one I made for my daughter had 10 squares across. She earned a sticker every time she peed in the potty, and 2 for every time she pooped. When she filled up an entire row, she earned a prize! I would take her to the dollar store and let her pick out a small, inexpensive toy or treat. This is the only method I found that "got through to her" about using the potty. She loves earning stickers and prizes. We have now upgraded to a 20 sticker row before a prize. She sometimes opts for $1 instead of a prize so she can save up her money to buy a big prize. Good luck mama!