PS3 - Red Dead Redemption- By Rockstar Games

by Rockstar Games

Red Dead Redemption is a Western epic, set at the turn of the 20th century when the lawless and chaotic badlands began to give way to the expanding reach of government and the spread of the Industrial Age. A follow up to the 2004 hit Red Dead Revolver, this game tells the story of former outlaw John Marston, taking players on a great adventure across the American frontier. Red Dead Redemption features an open-world environment for players to explore, including frontier towns, rolling prairies teaming with wildlife, and perilous mountain passes - each packed with an endless flow of varied distractions. Along the way, players will experience the heat of gunfights and battles, meet a host of unique characters, struggle against the harshness of one of the world s last remaining wildernesses, and ultimately pick their own precarious path through an epic story about the death of the Wild West and the gunslingers that inhabited it.

Who wants a sequel or another game in the same vein? I know I do!
Start your review of PS3 - Red Dead Redemption- By Rockstar Games!
If you still have a PS3 please for the love of god but this game if you love the Wild West and cowboys. The story with John and all the other side characters is just amazing and the world that Rockstar has created is gorgeous. 10/10
Plantsville, CT
Hell of a game. Very exciting and extremely unique. I played through the story more in only 2 weeks. The only thing I would improve is the online gameplay. It’s not very good. Overall I would recommend
Roseburg, OR
My teenage sons sometimes have me watch them play video games and this one is definitely not for young kids at all. They actually talked me into playing and I had a lot of fun playing and riding the horse. It was crazy how real everything was....just amazing graphics! I loved that you can go basically where you want, the controls did not take long for me to understand and it was pretty fun all in all.  PS3 - Red Dead Redemption- By Rockstar Games
Millmont, PA
Gamer Expert Level 1
One of my all time favorites by Rockstar, still play it even now even though it's older and my PS3 is finicky and sometimes freezes it.  IF you're looking for a good western game, this is it.  My favorite feature is definitely the horses however, one of the only games I've found that involve horses in a big part. PS3 - Red Dead Redemption- By Rockstar Games
Port Richey, FL
Purchased at: GameStop
First western game I ever played and LOVED it. The second one is even better. The storyline is good, I didn’t see John dying towards the end, but it was cool to play as his son to get revenge.
Watertown, NY
Gamer Expert Level 1
Purchased at: GameStop
I love this game. It’s my husbands but I play it sometimes and I love to watch him play it :) we just ordered the second red dead and I can’t wait for it to come in the mail I highly recommend
Marysville, WA
I really hope they come out with a 2nd game because this one is so much fun. Me and my friend use to play this game all day it’s super fun and entertaining. I’d recommend this product to anyone who likes story games
COLUMBUS, GA
Love this game. The graphics are great the story line cool. It took awhile to get used to playing but I love it all the same. Definitely would recommend to anyone who hasn’t tried it.
This game really grew on me. The story though a bit slow and tedious at times, was excellent, and the ending sure packed a punch. I love the moral kind of system where your actions can determine whether you're a vigilante lawman or a reckless outlaw. The one thing that I still dislike about this game are the wonky controls. For some reason it took a while for me to get used to the way that you select guns/weapons from your inventory. It was not as smooth a button flow as I would like. I highly recommend this game though.
Compelling story, engaging environment, and beautiful graphics. the sandbox style that rockstar is known for is perfect for this game, and I've spent hours riding across the desert and into the sunset. difficulty settings are well ranged and make it easy for a gamer of any skill level to jump right in and have a good time. the story is great and, while it doesn't change from playthrough to playthrough, is long enough and compelling enough that there's good replay value.