BY NONE

Two-time Oscar winner Hillary Swank tries her hand at romantic comedy in this touching film based on the bestselling Irish novel. Holly Kennedy (Swank) and her charming Irish husband Gerry (Gerard Butler) are a young couple struggling to get by in New York City. Their marriage is 10 years strong, and they are madly in love, but the fates soon step in, when Gerry develops cancer and dies. Holly is completely devastated, and her friends Denise (Lisa Kudrow) and Sharon (Gina Gershon) do their best to console her. Her mother (Kathy Bates) and sister, Rose (Nellie Mckay), also offer their support, but it seems nothing can pull Holly out of her grief. Then one day, she begins to receive love letters Gerry penned before his death. The letters are filled with various stories and instructions, and one of them even contains a plan that sends her and her friends on a trip to Ireland. As Gerry's posthumous letters buoy her up, Holly slowly begins to piece her life back together. His letters help her to celebrate their special love story, and remind her that she must continue to live her life, and seek out happiness. The film's stellar cast delivers many tearjerker moments, and P.S. I LOVE YOU does a fine job of yanking on the heartstrings. However, the tone often shifts so abruptly, it at times feels as though they couldn't quite decide if Holly was a steel magnolia, a Bridget with a diary, or a devil in search of some Prada. But the strong performances manage to hold the tale together, and the story is ultimately moving, and yes, romantic. see more...

Buy on Walmart
  • "I would watch it again even though it's a tear jerker, but only on tv." in 3 reviews
  • "I can not even begin to say how many times I have watched this movie." in 1 review
  • "Total chick flick with GREAT actors...not cheesy at all!" in 1 review
Alexus R.
Clinton Twp, MI
I love this movie! Tearkerker But so worth it lol. Just realized I should buy it. Great acting.
Beth G.
Dundee, Angus
One of the best romantic films that there is. Great acting and some very emotional scenes, as well some really good laugh out loud moments. Great films for a girls night or a cosy night in ūüėĀ
Elif S.
I cried a lot during this movie bur for sure it was a good one to remember. Good acting and they chose the perfect cast for me, soundtrack was so-so. I have so many favorite moments from this movie and writing this I think about watching it again.
Marcella G.
Been a while since I've last seen it.
Loved the voice over and loved the ending.
My niece also loved it.
The soundtrack was great and I loved the artwork.
Loved pretty much every scene, actors were great also.
Well this was my useless review. Bye now.
gabriela v.
ilha
eu amo este filme, não me canso de ver e para não falar que faz qualquer pessoa chorar. a historia em si é muito comovente porque até pode acontecer na vida real algo assim.
Mercedes M.
Maracaibo
This is a very good love (or not?) movie to think about how deal with the dead of someone you love a lot. It was creative, with good actores (such an amazing performance), good band score and excellent way to make people cry and find hidden feelings.
Imogen S.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I get that this film is mostly about the love story, and if you're judging it based on that - it's great. It's feel good, emotional, happy, and the leading men are insanely charming. Hilary Swank is also great in a role that is so unusual for her. But if you're Irish, the accents are literally abominable. There's a reason that Gerard Butler publicly apologized for his imitation of the accent. Tragic.
Fabiana B.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Soy fanatica del libro, es mi libro preferido! por eso odio esta pelicula, no m gusta para nada como hicieron la adaptación. Cambian muchas cosas del libro, tanto de la historia como de los personajes y a mi parecer no era necesario modificar tanto la historia ya que el libro de por si es muy bueno y entretenido.
Ghazal A.
My best movie ūüé• it hurts me so much and at the same time makes me laugh so much .. I can give it ten stars
If I could
Melissa M.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Love this movie. I don't own it bought should definitely buy it just got a blue ray player
miranda D.
Vanceburg, KY
I have never watched this movie. Is it worth buying?
Kathy D.
Definitely a chic flick, loved it..sad and sweet...
gabriela v.
ilha
definitely a good film, i love it