BY NONE

Two-time Oscar winner Hillary Swank tries her hand at romantic comedy in this touching film based on the bestselling Irish novel. Holly Kennedy (Swank) and her charming Irish husband Gerry (Gerard Butler) are a young couple struggling to get by in New York City. Their marriage is 10 years strong, and they are madly in love, but the fates soon step in, when Gerry develops cancer and dies. Holly is completely devastated, and her friends Denise (Lisa Kudrow) and Sharon (Gina Gershon) do their best to console her. Her mother (Kathy Bates) and sister, Rose (Nellie Mckay), also offer their support, but it seems nothing can pull Holly out of her grief. Then one day, she begins to receive love letters Gerry penned before his death. The letters are filled with various stories and instructions, and one of them even contains a plan that sends her and her friends on a trip to Ireland. As Gerry's posthumous letters buoy her up, Holly slowly begins to piece her life back together. His letters help her to celebrate their special love story, and remind her that she must continue to live her life, and seek out happiness. The film's stellar cast delivers many tearjerker moments, and P.S. I LOVE YOU does a fine job of yanking on the heartstrings. However, the tone often shifts so abruptly, it at times feels as though they couldn't quite decide if Holly was a steel magnolia, a Bridget with a diary, or a devil in search of some Prada. But the strong performances manage to hold the tale together, and the story is ultimately moving, and yes, romantic. see more...

Buy on Walmart
  • "I would watch it again even though it's a tear jerker, but only on tv." in 3 reviews
  • "I can not even begin to say how many times I have watched this movie." in 1 review
  • "Total chick flick with GREAT actors...not cheesy at all!" in 1 review
Melissa G.
Downingtown, PA
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
This is an adorable tear jerker. The actors aren't bad on the eyes either! Love this movie! They really tell a wonderful story.
Kelsi A.
This is one of my all time favorite movies, it's fun and romantic but will definitely have you shedding some tears by the end!
J. L.
This is a movie that I have to watch by myself, in a locked room, with tissues and chocolate. What a tearjerker! I love it.
Liz T.
Olympia, WA
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
I think it was a little overrated. It wasn't a horrible movie, but it just didn't catch my attention throughout the movie.
Kristina D.
Jamestown, KY
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Such a good movie. Always makes me tear up. Glad it has a somewhat realistic ending. Sets it apart from other chick flicks.
Madison A.
Jamestown, KY
This movie is pretty good. Not really a go to for me. It's sad but funny at the same time. It's a real cute movie.
Ashley B.
Franklinton , LA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
My sisters and I love getting together for movie night and watching PS I Love You! Great story line and great cast
Kaylin B.
Columbus, GA
I absolutely love this movie. Definitely worth watching, just have tissues handy. A beautiful love story đź’™
Sara J.
Wichita, KS
Made my fiancé watch this and we both cried. This movie is so sweet, and so true. A true display of love.
Heidi  W.
Lubbock, TX
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
PS I love you is a great movie if you are looking for a good cry. I cried literally the whole time.
miranda D.
Vanceburg, KY
I have never watched this movie. Is it worth buying?
Kathy D.
Definitely a chic flick, loved it..sad and sweet...
gabriela v.
ilha
definitely a good film, i love it