BY NONE

Two-time Oscar winner Hillary Swank tries her hand at romantic comedy in this touching film based on the bestselling Irish novel. Holly Kennedy (Swank) and her charming Irish husband Gerry (Gerard Butler) are a young couple struggling to get by in New York City. Their marriage is 10 years strong, and they are madly in love, but the fates soon step in, when Gerry develops cancer and dies. Holly is completely devastated, and her friends Denise (Lisa Kudrow) and Sharon (Gina Gershon) do their best to console her. Her mother (Kathy Bates) and sister, Rose (Nellie Mckay), also offer their support, but it seems nothing can pull Holly out of her grief. Then one day, she begins to receive love letters Gerry penned before his death. The letters are filled with various stories and instructions, and one of them even contains a plan that sends her and her friends on a trip to Ireland. As Gerry's posthumous letters buoy her up, Holly slowly begins to piece her life back together. His letters help her to celebrate their special love story, and remind her that she must continue to live her life, and seek out happiness. The film's stellar cast delivers many tearjerker moments, and P.S. I LOVE YOU does a fine job of yanking on the heartstrings. However, the tone often shifts so abruptly, it at times feels as though they couldn't quite decide if Holly was a steel magnolia, a Bridget with a diary, or a devil in search of some Prada. But the strong performances manage to hold the tale together, and the story is ultimately moving, and yes, romantic. see more...

P.S. I Love You (Blu-ray) (Widescreen)
  • "I would watch it again even though it's a tear jerker, but only on tv." in 3 reviews
  • "I can not even begin to say how many times I have watched this movie." in 1 review
  • "Total chick flick with GREAT actors...not cheesy at all!" in 1 review
Amor C.
Rego Park, NY
I love this movie, it's so romantic and sad at the same time, it's one of the movie i tent to watch on valentine days, belive me i have a few movies for that day, but this one isspecial for me!!
Kristin B.
Grove City, PA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
At first it took me a while to understand this movie but when I did it was heart wrenching and I was crying. this movie is a great I want to make myself cry movie... watch it by yourself so you don't look foolish! I'd watch it again tho because maybe it could happen?
Angela L.
Millersport, OH
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
What an amazing love story. This was a very emotional movie. Make sure you have a box of Kleenex handy while watching this movie. Just when you think you are done with the tears something else hits but such a beautiful story!!
Amber D.
Gilbert, AZ
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I can not watch this movie without crying. The characters are all so relatable and lovable, you really feel connected to them by the end of the movie. It doesn't hurt that Gerard Butler is beautiful.
Mandy W.
Pop Culture Expert Level 4
I love Romantic movies like these and I actually want to re-watch it since it's been a few years seeing this movie. But I remember watching it and I just loved it. It's a movie to always watch a few times in your lifetime. :)
Kaitlynn L.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I cry every single time I watch this movie! Total chick flick with GREAT actors...not cheesy at all! Sweet, romantic, and funny...which is why my husband likes it as well! Plus who doesn't love Gerard Butler and Hilary Swank?!
Audrey T.
Concord, NH
THIS MOVIE DESTROYED ME!!!!! IF YOU WANT TO CRY FOR FOURTEEN DAYS STRAIGHT WATCH THIS MOVIE! I ONLY WATCHED THIS MOVIE FOR GERARD BUTLER AND SPOILER HE DIES IMMEDIATELY. HILLARY SWANK IS GREAT THO I GUESS! MUST WATCH A CLASSIC.
Melanie S.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This love story was so sweet and upsetting I cry every single time I watch the movies, it one of my favorite chick flick, big fan of gerard butler and hilary swank
Carlie M.
Clarkston, MI
I can not even begin to say how many times I have watched this movie. It incorporates the perfect balance of love and heart bake and still keeps you laughing.
erin H.
Franklin, OH
I love this movie. So touching and shows real true love. Watch this movie every time I see in on TV and own the DVD. Be warned, it's a big time tear jerker!
miranda D.
Vanceburg, KY
I have never watched this movie. Is it worth buying?
Kathy D.
Definitely a chic flick, loved it..sad and sweet...
gabriela v.
ilha
definitely a good film, i love it