Food & SnacksSoups & BrothsProgresso
Soup, Vegetable Classics, Tomato Basil Soup, 19 oz Can

Progresso Soup, Vegetable Classics, Tomato Basil Soup, 19 oz Can

Gluten Free Progresso Vegetable Classics Tomato Basil Soup is Vegetarian. Our recipe includes no artificial flavors, no colors from artificial sources and no added MSG.

Anyone else make grilled cheese with this? Had it for lunch today 😍
Start your review of Progresso Soup, Vegetable Classics, Tomato Basil Soup, 19 oz Can!
Sandy J.
Chandler, AZ
Purchased at: Target
This is the only soup we buy. It's pretty thick and not just a broth . I love putting a can of tomatoes or some vegetables. It makes a nice easy meal on a cold day with a grilled cheese sandwich.
Mitch C.
Minneapolis, MN
Progresso Soup, Vegetable Classics, Tomato Basil Soup, 19 oz Can uploaded by Mitch C.
Purchased at: Walmart
Wow this was really just bland and average. Not very flavorful. I recently tried Campbell’s tomato basil and that was a fresh tasting burst of flavor. I couldn’t taste the basil enough and it was very watery and didn’t pack that punch of tomato that I walkways love in a tomato soup. This tasted kind of like watered down tomato sauce. I didn’t strongly dislike it and if it was served to me I’d eat it again but it didn’t stand out enough for a repeat purchase.Progresso Soup, Vegetable Classics, Tomato Basil Soup, 19 oz Can
Jacqueline S.
Brooklyn, NY
A classic soup perfect for a winter day. It has a great tomato flavor and it is affordable, not super expensive. I would make the can a bit easier to open to avoid the tomato splatter when opened. The nutrition is ok, aside from the high sodium content, but overall a good product.
Alexis B.
Thornton, CO
This is a fantastic tomato 🍅 soup 🥣 I love ❤️ the hint of basil 🌿 in this. It goes fantastic with some crackers or a grilled cheese 🧀 sandwich 🥪 and I love the fact this is a healthy choice for a comfort food 🥘
Sally J.
Guin, AL
Purchased at: Walmart
Wowed by this soup! I had some tomato basil at a fancy restaurant in the Atlanta area and loved it so when I saw the Progresso Tomato Basil soup I had to try it out and it did not disappoint. I actually have begun to buy all Progresso soups to eat as a quick meal for myself, as I had sort of outgrown the other brands watered down or super salty tasting soups. But this one is so nice for a change of taste and I had ever even noticed it before I had it in the restaurant. It is very flavorful and smooth tasting. I think you’ll like it.
Melissa H.
Hayes, VA
Hands down better than Campbell's® Classic Tomato Sipping Soup, 11.1 oz. Cup (Sorry Campbell’s) Progresso’s Tomato Basil tastes so much more natural and has become our go-to with #grilledcheese We keep this stocked in our house ever since making the switch and I highly recommend. If you get the large can and are having with grilled cheese my husband and I are able to split one can between the two of us and it’s enough since Progresso’s cans also run larger than Campbell’s.
Monica C.
Sn Bernrdno, CA
This is the only tomato soup I will eat or buy. The flavor and soup consistency is perfect ( not too thick). Love eating this on a cold day paired with grilled cheese sandwiches .
Chilly S.
Spring Lake
I eat this soup every once in a while when I don’t feel like making my own tomato soup. Great with grilled cheese sandwich and it’s not too salty with a good flavor. Would like for them to reengineer this recipe because I think the flavors can be much better, cleaner, more bold and fresh like the real tomato. Or maybe offer it refrigerated instead of in the can. Otherwise, it stands alongside all the other can soups in terms of flavor.
Alisha N.
Shawnee, OK
Progresso Soup, Vegetable Classics, Tomato Basil Soup, 19 oz Can uploaded by Alisha N.
I absolutely love this soup. I put some shredded colby jack cheese in it. The Taste is are good I love the basil taste in tomato soup. Smells good when it's cooked. And I also dunk bread in it which is awesome sauce.
Lauren C.
Bentonville, AR
Perfect for cold winter days with a grilled cheese sandwich. One can makes plenty of soup and the taste is as good as any restaurant version.