BY PROACTIV #73 in Acne Treatments

After 30 years as a prescription-only acne-fighter, the clinically proven retinoid Adapalene takes center stage in our newest innovation – ProactivMD, the complete healthy skin regimen which includes cleansing, toning, hydration and sun protection, all in one easy-to-use system.

• The last time I used proactive my face broke out worse th...3 Answers
  • So been wanting to order this and see if it will help my ...1 Answers
  • Has anyone tried this line of Proactive?! WhT did you thi...1 Answers
Kristy G.
Greenacres, FL
I had extremely stubborn acne that would not clear up no matter what I used. I was extremely hesitant purchasing ProactivMD considering I purchased many of their other formulas and it has never helped my acne in the slightest. After about 3 weeks of use, I can happily say that I do not regret this purchase. They're active ingredient in this particular line is aldapelene gel, which was perscription only up untill recently. The face wash is a gentle exfoliant, with a refreshing minty smell to it that leaves my skin feeling so soft and clean. As for the balancing toner and mousturizer, I am beyond impressed. Almost all moisturizers (even the ones for acne prone skin) make me break out, but I use this daily and not a single blemish has shown up. The face serum is a daily retinoid treatment. That's where the aldapelene gel comes into play. I apply it over my entire face at night (not just as a spot treatment, remember we want to use this to PREVENT furture breakouts as well) and it works it's magic while I sleep. It took only two weeks for my face to clear up completely, and just 3 days for me to start seeing results.
this formula is definitely more powerful than any other Proactiv system on the market, so if you have extremely sensitive skin I would proceed with caution while using this, and recommend a patch tests before applying the serum.
the only negative thing is that I wish the bottles were a little bit bigger considering the cost... but I can honestly say when it comes to the product, I was floored by the results. It was definitely worth the money, and when I run out I will definitely be purchasing again.
Danielle E.
Pittsburgh, PA
I purchased the 30 day trial for my daughter and after only 2 weeks of use, her face noticeably got worse so I contacted them to cancel.  A week and a half later I was sent a 3 month supply and a bill for $100. I contacted customer service to address this and was told they would send me a return label so I could send it back and the first installment charge I was automatically billed would be refunded. 10 business days passed and I still hadn't received the label so I called them back. Again I was told they would send a return label and to give it another 3-5 business days. A week elapsed and still no label, so I had to call them a third time. The rep said because I was waiting, they would issue me an immediate credit and send out another label. That label never arrived (despite verifying my correct address and me NEVER having issues with packages or letters being delivered), but since I received my refund I didn't call back. I still have the stuff in the original packing sitting in my office. It'll never be used, but at least I didn't have to pay for it.
Sharyn F.
Port Reading, NJ
I am 34 and when I was 23 used the original ProActiv. I was good the first go round and then they changed the formula which caused a reaction. I am allergic to benzoyl peroxide. I canceled my membership and started shopping for all natural products. This year I tried ProActiv’s Rodan & Fields for for $200 it was incredibly hard for me to continue. I’d like to say it worked but saw no changes with my face.
I saw an ad for ProActiv MD that stayed there is no benzoyl peroxide in the new system. Being that I was all over the place with products I dove in and bought it. $34 tax included is the monthly price. You start with a 30 day supply then 4 weeks later you’ll receive a 90 day supply but will pay $34 a month. It’s 90$ basically and you’re paying monthly which I actually like. $34 is a great monthly price for skin care! Rodan & Fields was double that!

I broke out a day before I started ProActiv MD so I was hopeful it would help. I’ve been using it for 2 weeks now and love it! I know the acne gel is strong so it’s important to use it once a day (I use it at night) and apply the lotion afterwards. It dried out the zits almost immediately. My skin feels softer and looks clearer already.

Everyone’s skin is different so what may work for some won’t for others. I’ve tried clearasil, the body shop, Rodan and Fields, Differin and Aveeno. ProActiv MD gave me results fast and cost not much! I even got a free gift when I made my first purchase. Also, almost forgot... the orders are customizable so if you need more or less you can change it up!
Adrian B.
Moses Lake, WA
I was hesitant to start using proactiv at first because I didn’t want to stop and have my face break out super bad like I’ve heard. I finally decided to buckle up and order it. I used it for 6 weeks religiously before I saw changes in my skin. I’ve tried many products and I still cannot get my blackheads to go away but proactiv makes my pores smaller than they were before. If I could get my blackheads to dissolve, even after trying blackhead eraser gel id give it a perfect 5 star review. I will continue to use this as it works for my skin and cleared up my redness.
Becca M.
Boiling Spgs, SC
I started breaking out about a year ago. I’ve tried everything that said it would take care of at me. Drunk elephant. Derma Logica. La Roche (sp?). Nothing cleared up my skin. So as soon as I started using this and my skin cleared up with in a week. I would recommend this to anyone who has mild to moderate acne issues. If you have cystic acne that something you probably need to see a dermatologist for. But This brand is the only brand that has ever works for me as far as my uncontrollable at me when it gets crazy.
Isabella B.
I use to have the most amazing smooth skin as a child but started getting acne in about 8th grade on my forehead. I cleared my skin for the most part freshman except for chin which would literally always have at least 1 pimple on it. By sophomore year my skin was bomb. I supper confident with my skin and didn’t have to wear makeup around other people. But then over Christmas break my skin started to break out. All over my right side of the face and forehead, which is unusual because I hadn’t had pimples on my forehead since 8th grade. I still don’t know what caused it but this kit has helped so far. I suggest going to their website if you want more info because they give like a whole weekly rundown on what you should expect. It’s helped a lot so far because the gel is a prescription product but proactiv got it approved to be in their product. I would suggest getting the whole kit because that is what is supposed to make your skin clear the fastest so if your interested get this kit
Samantha M.
Enosburg Falls, VT
Worked at first.. then my skin became used to it. Now that I don't use it anymore, it has taken months for my face to calm down. It flared up awful for a while. It's a product you shouldn't use for short term. This is a life long thing! Too expensive for me for very little results. My skin is sensitive, so i would only be able to use it once a day. I could never make it to 2x a day. Morning and night would dry my face out so bad it would peel for a week. Just not for me!
Layla d.
salina
Be prepared cause there is a lot I need to say. First about the facial cleanser/scrub, it really worked on cleaning the little bumps I would have around my hair line, but I found that it dried out my skin TERRIBLY. Like I'm a medium girl and my face would literally be white!! I really like the adapilene gel. It really does prevent breakouts. I found that using it with the clean and clear persa bensiol peroxide cream really would vanish my pimples. The timer was ok. Not my favorite. And the other product I didn't even get. I know weird
Whitney M.
Wichita, KS
I struggled with hormonal acne after getting off of birth control a year ago. I had never really experienced acne before that, so I bought ProActiv in hopes it would clear it up quickly. After 4 1/2 months of using ProActiv my acne did not get any better, if anything it was worse. I then went to see a dermatologist and she gave me a prescription acne medicine and had me quit taking the ProActiv. My face then cleared up in 3 weeks. I don’t recommend ProActic.
Zachary H.
Mcallen, TX
As a Proactiv skincare loyal customer I was ecstatic to try Proactiv’s latest line ProactivMD! My skin has been breaking out lately and I thought this would be everything I loved about Proactiv and more. Sadly I was wrong. My skin only had a few blemishes, but wasn’t bad at all. And this only after a weeks use caused my skin to be covered in bumps and zits. I thought it might be my skin purging itself and was going to cause my skin to become worse before it got better, but even after 3 weeks my skin was breaking out worse then it ever had. I stopped using MD and tried using products from both the original formula and the + version and even on day one I could already tell this was helping clear the damage ProactivMD had caused. And instead of causing more breakouts it decreased them more and more each day. I would never use Proactiv MD again and wouldn’t recommend to any skin types.
Natalee K.
Eugene, OR
The last time I used proactive my face broke out worse than what it was initially. I wonder if this set does a better job than the normal one.
Melissa J.
I used proactive years ago receiving a package every month but instead of getting rid of my acne it got worst. Is it the same formula since the beginning or has it changed? I used it last in 2002
Claudia B.
Does it really help ?
Dorinda G.
Taft, CA
Has anyone tried this line of Proactive?! WhT did you think of it and pro's & cons! Any help is greatly appreciated