BY PROACTIV #22 in Acne Treatments

Clear acne with the power of Rx, without a doctor’s visit!

• this is not a question because i’ve done my research but ...14 Answers
  • I will receive it in a voxbox. I'm so excited.14 Answers
  • Just got home to this goodie ! 🙏🏻 si exited to try out th...15 Answers
Buy on Proacti...
Britny G.
Matawan, NJ
This product wasn’t quite for me. I received the 3-Piece Acne Treatment System with Adapalene complimentary from ProactivMD (but all opinions are my own). Based off the questionnaire I thought this product was geared towards dry skin. Although the ingredients are better for dry skin, it is geared towards acne prone skin, which I do not have. This made me nervous to try the kit on my skin every day. I use the cleanser when my skin feels a little congested. It feels very similar to Clean & Clear Morning Burst Facial Cleanser. It has that same tingling sensation. It didn’t make my skin feel very clean, but my pores felt more open. I used it prior to applying a face mask and felt it did help my skin better absorb the mask. As for the Sunscreen, I like how it felt very light weight on the skin as opposed to make facial sunscreens. It didn’t leave an oily or greasy feel. It was hard to test how much it protects the skin though considering it is winter and the sun is not strong here in Jersey right now. Lastly for the acne treatment, I used it when a spot appeared and noticed it cleared up relatively quicker than the standard spot treatment. The products seem just okay to me, but it is hard for me to post a true review when the products did not match my skin type and since I am so sensitive I did not feel comfortable testing long term or using every day.
Kimberly C.
I was lucky enough to have been chosen to receive a these products in a voxbox by influenster and was really excited to try them out. Unfortunately, after the first three weeks I actually started to breakout even more all around my face which never happens. I breakout in the middle of my forehead, by my temples and the outline of my jawline and i got pimples on my nose, chin,t-zone, cheeks and all across my forehead. At first I thought it might just be hormones mixed with stress from my classes or an allergic reaction so I stopped using the products and went back to my normal skin routine. I will be trying them out again just to make sure if it was my body causing me to breakout or the products and post an update. I will also be trying the products out on my sister who has oily skin, maybe it'll work better on her.

PS: I actually really like the facial cleanser. It had a gritty texture to exfoliate my skin and I feel like it did a good job at cleaning my skin. It had a subtle clean smell to it which was also nice.
Bonni C.
Heiskell, TN
I've been using this for a little over a month now. I have extremely stubborn whiteheads and blackheads on my forehead and along my jawline.  Oh and on one cheek.  Pillowcase much.  Anyway the cleanser is by far the most effective cleanser I've ever used.  It's got grit so in the morning it can be harsh.  I just am very gentle with it.  Normally I wouldn't use it in the morning because of sensitivity however it's so effective that if I don't I'll end up with break outs before breakfast.  I love using it in the evenings though.  It's got menthol I'm sure because it gives me that clean tingle I love.  The retinoid has been working however very slowly.  I did purge after about 2 weeks in so I skipped a day on weeks 3 through 4 and just started everyday to see how it works.  I love the sunblock.  It's not heavy at all and keeps my oil production in check.  It's great under makeup.  It hasn't pilled at all.  I do use other products than just these 3 so as far as the effectiveness of the 3 alone I can't completely attest to.  I use the Cane and Austin 2/10% twice a day and I always use a sleeping mask because the retinoid is slightly drying.  It's not near as bad as others I've tried though.
Kristina L.
Fair Lawn, NJ
◇The first step (Deep Cleansing Face Wash) really exfoliated my skin nicely. The exfoliating beads are a good size and don't simply just move around your skin, you can feel them providing a deep clean. I messaged it into my skin for 1-2 min and the longer I did, the more I felt a nice cooling sensation (menthol is an ingredient). It also has aloe & camellia sinensis (tea) in the ingredients which can calm the skin.
◇The second step (Adapalene Gel 0.1%) is the acne treatment. Adapalene helps to normalize/regulate skin cells and has an anti-inflammatory effect which is supposed to reduce acne formation. A thin layer is applied to the skin once daily in the evening (it is not a spot treatment). After applying it to my face it felt a bit tacky but quickly dried down to a smooth finish.
◇The 3rd step (Daily Oil Control Moisturizer with SPF 30) is an important one. Adapalene can make your skin more sensitive to the sun so it is important to use SPF. It can be applied as needed and can be used under makeup.
◇Overall I am enjoying these products and hope to see improvement in my skin over time
Ashley C.
Alabaster, AL
I have always wanted to try Proactiv products so thank you so much Influenster for this opportunity! I have been using this product morning and night and I am very pleased with my results. I have noticed my skin's texture get a lot smoother. My occasional breakouts have been kept at bay also. The daily oil control moisturizer is by far my favorite product that I received. It's so hard to find a moisturizer with sunscreen that doesn't make your face oily, but this does just that. I couldnt be more pleased with my Proactiv MD VoxBox!
Received the 3-Piece Acne Treatment System with Adapalene complimentary from ProactivMD, but all opinions are my own.
Jasmine R.
S Richmond Hl, NY
I really wanted to give this product a fair shot, but I am finally posting this review. While I did enjoy some benefits of the products I wasn't totally happy with the results. I really enjoyed the deep cleansing face wash because of the exfoliating beads and the cooling effecting it gave. It really woke me up in the morning and worked with my oiliness. I also enjoyed the spot treatment. I didn't really like the moisturizer. Although it's target is to control oil, I felt that it tended to clog my pores causing my skin to become more oily. In summation, I did like some benefits of the products, but not enough to further invest in it.
sammy r.
Algonquin, IL
I want to start this review by saying I have really sensitive skin so that plays a huge factor in my review. I think this would work really well for oily skin, in fact, I'm having my boyfriend test it out to see if it works for him. The topical was nice but my skin is so sensitive that it became too strong and dried out my skin to the point that it burned to put moisturizer on. The sunscreen was nice. The face wash was really refreshing but I can't use harsh exfoliants on my face so I can't use it. I blame my weird dry hypersensitive skin for my reactions, not the products! This set was so nice but my skin just wasn't compatible! I will update this with my boyfriend's results :)
Kailee L.
I got the ProactivMD as part of my voxbox. In it was the Deep Cleansing Face Wash, Adapalene Gel 0.1% Acne Treatment and the step 3 Daily Oil Control SPF 30.

Okay so I really do love the face wash but for me it's not a daily face wash I can use. By day 4 my skin was drying out and under my nose I have red spots! But it got rid of my blackheads completely and reduced my pores SO much. So for me, this is a once a week face wash. Also, I love how refreshing it feels and it has beads in it that helps exfoliate your face. I felt like it tightened my skin afterwards too. I loved the Adapalene Gel as well! I applied a small amount all around my face and anywhere i saw a pimple it would get rid of it! My face was so smooth after applying. The step 3 Daily Oil Control I didn't like very much. After applying it I felt my face was burning almost like I had a sunburn on my face and after having it on for a bit it feels a little itchy.

I used this skin care line for a week and I love the results it's just not something I can use everyday or it completely strips my face dry. If you have really bad acne this is the product for you. I don't have bad acne just stubborn blackheads and random pimples and it got rid of them! ProactivMD® 3-Piece Acne System
Rebecca M.
Orlando, FL
Let me start by saying, I've always had pretty good skin.  I never had any issues with acne, beyond the typical teenager stuff.  I still get small breakouts here and there when I'm stressed, but nothing crazy.  I've never needed any heavy duty acne meds, and maybe because of that, I shouldn't have messed with it.

So the first time I used the cleanser, I thought "wow, this is great, my skin is so smooth". and that's about where that ended.  I kept using it and after a few days, my skin was no longer smooth.  It was bumpy and EXTREMELY dry.  I'm talking, use moisturizer SEVERAL times a day and it's still dry.  I've increased my water intake, and nothing.  I legitimately have scabs on my face because my skin was so dry that it cracked.   I read on the Proactiv website that you need to keep using and it's  just your skin getting adjusted, so I've been trying.  But with how much it's ruined my skin, I don't even a little bit want to.  It's AWFUL! I would seriously take back every Vox Box I've received in order to not have had this happen.  I'm afraid coming off of it is going to be even worse on my skin.
(I received this product for free in exchange for an honest review)
LaQueshia D.
Orangeburg, SC
I have dry, sensitive skin with mild ezcema along with acne breakouts. Unfortunately this box/products wasn't for me. As I opened my box off the rip I saw I couldn't use the sunscreen (major pain). So I used the cleanser and acne treatment for about a week and an half. I really liked the cleanser and the exfoliating beads it really deep cleaned my face and I seen the glow after each cleanse but shortly afterwards I realized it started to burn and irritate my face and dry it out even more that made it difficult to put the acne spot treatment on afterwards. I didn't know what hurt most the fact I couldn't enjoy this box or the fact it made my face BURN, irritated, dry, red and botchy looking. I only gave three stars because yes the cleanser/acne spot treatment really worked my breakouts was minimumly if not completely gone but however my minor breakout turned into a major one. I couldn't even put lotion on my face for nearly an week after my breakout. I will keep the products on hand however but this is something that I cannot use on the daily.
Stephanie W.
Warren, OH
Fran B.
Springfield , MO
Niya_post P.
St louis
How do I get a free sample?
Fernanda L.