BY PROACTIV

Clear acne with the power of Rx, without a doctor’s visit!

• this is not a question because i’ve done my research but ...15 Answers
  • I will receive it in a voxbox. I'm so excited.14 Answers
  • Just got home to this goodie ! 🙏🏻 si exited to try out th...17 Answers
Buy on Proacti...
Genesis M.
Far Rockaway , NY
So I’ve been using this since I’ve received it. Skin care products vary per person. I was super excited to try it. After my first use I noticed my skin felt dry. And after my 2nd day, my face would begin to burn when applying my makeup which never happened before. I’ve discontinued use about 5 days ago and I guess my skin is adjusting to not using it and my skin is peeling on sections of my face (the picture attached). Step 1 of the kit is a daily wash which is an exfoliator and suggested to be used twice a day but nobody should be exfoliating twice a day. The first time I used it I thought it’s too harsh but continue because it’s proactiv and they have a good reputation but it’s just definitely not for me.
This is an update of my review, my skin has been destroyed from this. I have burn marks now and I hope it doesn’t scar my skin. And my skin is now peeling everywhere, my cheeks, my chin, my forehead, the skin under my eyebrows. And I have a bunch of smaller pimples on my forehead, my acne is worse than when I started. My face is very sensitive now, it only burns when I wash my face now. I will NEVER use this again.
Ashlyn S.
Kempner, TX
I'm going to go ahead and review because I don't see this getting any better...

I have been using Proactiv MD ever since it came in the mail. I was so thrilled. I've struggled with acne for most of my life and I heard so many good things about this new product. The first few days were fine. The face wash left my face feeling very clean. I liked the sunscreen and gel too.

However, after a week, my skin was screaming. It was so dry and it burned. It almost felt like I had a sunburn. Even on day one, after washing my face, I put on the sunscreen and it burned when I put it on. The biggest issue with this whole system that was sent to me is...the face wash. I followed directions precisely. The directions on the back of the face wash tells you to use twice a day, every day. The problem with this is that it is an EXFOLIATE. You are NOT supposed to exfoliate every day. I tried to follow directions exactly, but I had to stop. My skin was scaly and cracking and just PAINFUL.

So, I had to take a full 24 hours off of this stuff just to get a break. When I started again, I only used the wash once a day and tried using the gel twice a day. I haven't used the sunscreen again because it is just too painful. It helped relieve the dryness for a few days, but it is right back to being dry and scaly. On top of the dryness, I'm more broke out than when I started. I tried to just keep using and wait for my skin to get better, but I just don't see it happening. I'm going to keep using with moderation until my supply is out, but then I'm going to seek other help for my acne.

I had high hopes for this product. I laugh when I see the ads that say how hydrating it is. I hate my skin sometimes. Lol. It didn't work for me, but maybe it will for you.

"Received the 3-Piece Acne Treatment System with Adapalene complimentary from ProactivMD, but all opinions are my own."
Nikita P.
Pine Grove, WV
I have oily/combination skin. It’s super dry and oily at the same time.

I’ve been using the #proactivmd for almost 2 weeks now. So far I am loving it, I am starting to notice a decrease in breakouts around my chin and neck area. I really love the cleanser. I love a good exfoliating cleanser and it is the perfect combo of gentle but scrubby!! The retinoid gel hasn’t dried out my skin either. I will definitely be purchasing in the future!!

After using this for a month now I am still loving the system. I used the cleanser mostly once a day unless I woke up and my face was super oily. The gel is amazing. I used it all over my face since a retinoid can also helps with aging. Most of my breakouts are on my chin/neck area. As long as I used the gel my breakouts were at a minimum. I wasn’t such a fan of the moisturizer. I didn’t like the smell of the sunscreen in it. I still loved the system as a whole. I will be purchasing!!

#proactivmd #atfirstglance #contest #ad @proactiv @influenster #influenster

“Received the 3-Piece Acne Treatment System with Adapalene complimentary from ProactivMD, but all opinions are my own.""
Kali C.
Lafayette, IN
When I received my Voxbox, I was so excited. I have a combination skin type with a little acne. Before I started using this all I was doing for my facial routine was washing my face with my Shea Moister coconut & Hibiscus, Firming & Toning Body wash (which I love), and moisturizing with the lotion. Wasn't necessarily fixing my acne but was getting my skin clean and giving it a more even skin tone. The first few days of trying Proactive MD skin regimen was promising, I loved the texture, the scent, and the fresh feeling the wash was giving me. Unfortunately, by the end of the first week I had to stop using it bc it was abnormally making my skin sensitive, burning, and with WAY more acne than I had in the first place. Now I know most acne medicines will dry you out a bit but my face would be burning all day and night, I wasn't able to put on my normal moisturizer which is very gentle. My skin tone was very red, irritated and left dry patches that looked like ring worm. I am on day 3 of not using it and my skin is skill burning so bad, I can't moisturize, I can't wear make up bc 1 it burns and 2 it looks flaky bc my skin is so dry and patchy. Honestly, I'm embarrassed to step out of the house, it looks like some type of allergic reaction on my face. I'm sure this product may work for some skin types but for me, this is a hard pass.
Tanisha R.
Louisville, KY
First impressions of this product: WOW. I have combination skin so I’m always confused as to what products to use. However, Proactive MD is amazig just from the first use!! The cleanser is very gentle but effective. My skin felt smooth and clean but still VERY moisturized! I was in shock. The moisturizer with SPF 30 sunscreen left my skin feeling very matte and minimized nearly ALL of my oil. It’s been over an hour and not one ounce of oil has appeared on my skin. It feels so soft without being super oily and i only used two small pumps! I had a couple pimples on my face when I used the acne treatment and the consistency of the product felt very nice and absorbed into my skin very quickly. I will update in a few days on how effective the third product is but my initial experience with it was very positive. This is something I can see myself using quite regularly because even though I don’t have a ton of acne, my skin gets very dry, flaky, and oily but this product makes my skin feel SO GOOD.

***Received the 3-Piece Acne Treatment System with Adapalene complimentary from ProactivMD, but all opinions are my own.***
Demi R.
Palm Bay , FL
Unfortunately this was not the treatment for me. I went in having such high hopes but was gravely disappointed. During the weeks I used the three products my face started to dry out completely. My skin felt raw and my face started to peel near my mouth and in between my brows. My acne did not go away, in fact it got worst. I stopped and now my face is healing. I usually have combination skin, oily T zone and the rest of my face being dry. Now my face is dry and now I’m wishing for the oiliness to come back. I tried drinking lots of water to keep my body hydrated but ehhh who knows if it helped or not. I know a few people who’ve had success with the product so I don’t discourage anyone to not at least try, it just wasn’t for me. I posted a picture and even though it doesn’t tye extent of how dry my skin got, you can see there’s whiteness around my nose and a little around my mouth and that’s the beginning of when it started to peel.
Hunida Y.
Las Vegas, NV
When I first started using this 3-Step Acne Treatment my face was fine. I've never had really bad acne but my nose has some noticeable blackheads and my chin has a few white heads. I thought I'd use this treatment system to see if it could get rid of those.
I was using First Aid Beauty's Face Cleanser and I did continue to use that every night while I subbed in Step One of this routine for every morning.
At first, I didn't see a difference right away. I would apply the Adapelene Gel on right after my face dried from the wash. This didn't cause any positive or negative reaction for me.
I had forgotten the Daily Oil Control (Step Three) the very first day I started with this but remembered the next day. Not too long after applying the Daily Oil Control to my face; I became extremely itchy. I was worried that I was breaking out into a rash so I kept checking my face in the mirror but was happy to see there had been no breakout.
On day 3 of this routine, I noticed the skin around my nose became very chapped and even start to peel. My face was super itchy still, too. I could no longer stand using these products. I tried this routine for one more day because I read on the bottles that it could get worse before it got better but the worse part was too much for me.
This face care routine has completely dried out my face and has actually made my pores larger and blackheads more noticeable. I do not recommend this routine.
Like I stated above; I rarely get acne but when I do... I use a Korean Face Mask that focuses on ridding acne and immediately it is bye-bye pimples... it leaves my face soft and moisturized afterwards, too. Try those instead.

*I received the 3-Piece Acne Treatment System with Adapalene complimentary from ProactivMD, but all opinions are my own.*
Dinisha G.
Livingston, NJ
I was excited when I received my proactiv MD box to help with my cystic acne. I was previously using Differin so I was excited to try proactiv's version of the aldapalene gel. I also love how the kit came with sunscreen which is extremely important with using aldapalene gel since my skin is much more dry and sensitive. However, I did not like the deep cleansing face wash that it came with, since it was more of an exfoliator that made my skin even more dry. Honestly, i did not notice much of a difference between Differin and the proactiv version so I would suggest getting Differin because it's cheaper and more accessible. Overall, I did not notice much improvement with my acne and would not recommend this to others especially since hydration is KEY for acne prone skin.

Krista L.
Wilmington, NC
I’ve been waiting for the third week to write a review because I wanted to give this product a good chance before I voiced my opinions. I received these products free to try on my own! First off the packaging is beautiful! It’s pretty blue and white bottles that I don’t mind leaving on my vanity instead of stashing away. The sunscreen tube has a pump which I love!

Now on to the products... I have to admit the cleanser scared me after the first use when I realized it contains small exfoliating beads and is intended to use twice daily. I normally exfoliate my skin only twice per week so everyday seemed a little harsh. However the beads are micro and just gently run across the surface to remove dead skin and has left my face baby soft! It cleanses so well and I’m in love with the scent. Overall I’ve come to love the cleanser.

Now the sunscreen....This is such a great product! Normally sunscreens can be heavy and greasy and just not sit well under makeup. This one however is a dream, it provides sun protection and also moisturizes. It sinks into the skin quickly and leaves a matte finish which it claims on the box, so huge plus there!

Lastly the adapalene... I’ve read so many reviews and seen so many comments that this burnt people’s skin and sent them to the ER. I think people are failing to realize that this is a Retinol Treatment! It’s not going to be safe for all skin types and you have to monitor how your skin reacts when first using it. As with all Retinol products, use sparingly and back off if you experience irritation. You will gradually be able to use the recommended amount once your skin has a chance to adapt. Some skin types however just won’t be able to use this as it is a strong product. I have combination, acne prone skin and have started to see a difference with this product. My blemishes have began to shrink and dry up and my skin feels tighter and smoother. Seems to be working well for my skin texture and acne scars as well so I’m excited to keep using and see the results!

Sylvia D.
Redlands, CA
ProactivMD® 3-Piece Acne System I received a free sample of this system and initially loved it. I tend to have lots of little bumps/pimples and within two days using the system they started to go away. A couple more days later I noticed that the skin around/near my eyes was tender after washing, but chalked it up to maybe menthol or something. But at about a week it would actually hurt/burn near my eyes for several minutes after washing even when avoiding the area. The skin around my nostrils was dry, peely, and flaky and later than I unwittingly rubbed my ear it felt a pain right at the edge where my earlobe starts. I looked it the mirror and that spot was also dry and flaky and had cracked. I guess it really worked at drying out my skin. It’s taken almost a week of non-use and applying face lotion after every wash to take away the dryness and flakiness. If it weren’t for that part I would’ve been extremely happy with it because it did clear up my face a lot. Maybe the ‘regular’ Proactiv would work better for me?
Stephanie W.
Fran B.
Springfield , MO
Fernanda L.
Niya_post P.
St louis
How do I get a free sample?
Angela m.