BY PROACTIV #41 in Acne Treatments

• I've been hearing that before your acne gets better it gets worse...2 Answers
  • I have never used this, does it work well?1 Answers
Ariba W.
Mcdonough, GA
I didn’t really have bad acne growing up. Towards my senior year in high school I started getting small breakouts and it freaked me out! I bought this set hoping to get rid of it since Proactiv is so well known for acne and blemishes. The products weren’t expensive especially with the specials they have going on but the auto delivery was annoying! I had like 4 extra sets because of it (i ended up giving them away to friends). I had relative success due to the salicylic acid in the product but it did dry me out really bad! My skin was dry before but never lile this! It was peeling and getting splotchy. I had to discontinue use.
Ellen N.
I only gave 3 stars which I don't like to do, but only gave 3 stars as it didn't not work for me, and with acne products everyone is different, I have cystic acne with some little normal pimples, the older I get the oiler my skin gets and the worse my cystic acne gets, so with that being said this product did not make a difference on my skin, did not make it worse nor better, keep in mind with acne products I do give it 90 days minimum before giving review, if you have not tried this product I would at least give it a try as it may work for you.
Shannon D.
Largo, FL
First of all I join the service because I was under the impression that it was $20 for this three months supply however when you receive this three month supply you were told that it will be $60 because it’s $20 a month. The soap is a bit harsh and the scrub beads have the ability to scratch. It also will bleach out any fabric that you used to wipe your face off even after you have rinsed. The toner is a bit harsh and I use it sparingly, but the spot treatment works very well overall I feel it is too expensive and too difficult to cancel this subscription.
Keri D.
Starke, FL
I Spent so much money on these products and they never worked. I have cystic hormonal acne and that’s the one state of acne it doesn’t cure. I swear it probably just made it worse. I did like having a full skin routine like it comes but for the actual price it’s not worth it. For full size amounts it’s pretty expensive. They kept charging my account even after I canceled and kept begging me to come back even when I told them it didn’t work for me. Too pushy for me. But someone tat has light acne this would probably work great for them!
sofia v.
Vivian, LA
I'm over my 30s and have been having some acne that seems to be a little difficult to deal with. I saw a Proactive commercial and decided to buy the product. It has been working wonders!! At the beginning is a little harsh with the skin but I think happens till your skin receives the product. I use it only at nights that's is when I have enough time to go through the whole routine. Also they have a detox mask that I use twice a week. Many people have notice the difference in my skin, looks very healthy and fresh.
Andrea U.
Guntersville, AL
Tried proactive because my face decided to play a mean joke on me and give me adult acne! Saw the commercials and decided to give it a try! I followed the directions and got it all on! Went on easy had a pleasant smell felt light on my face not Cakey ! I went to bed! Woke up the next morning itching all over my face! My face was partially swollen! I had a reaction to it! Which was wired because I have never had a reaction to any face cleanser or cream before and my skin is not sensitive!
Bethany L.
Lexington, SC
I truly miss the orginal proactiv set; It makes me nostalgic just thinking about it and how much it did for me while I was in middle and High school battling bad acne. I left Proactiv solutions when I couldn't afford it anymore and regretted it every single day. Since returning to Proactiv, I have now tried their original, Proactiv +, and ProactivMD, AND honestly I'm truly impressed with all of them. Thanks Proactiv.
Elizabeth H.
Boonville, NY
I haven't used this product in a while but I didn't like it at all. It left my skin feeling so dry afterwards and plus I ordered it from the actual company so it kept sending me reorders even if I didn't want them. So it definitely turned me off from ever using this again. I had like dry skin all the way down on my chin around my mouth I just wasn't a good product at all and I used all four stops like they told me to.
Holly H.
Hermon
I absolutely love Proactiv! I’ve been using this product off and on for a few years now. It’s the only product that can calm my skin down when I’m experiencing a bad breakout. The repairing lotion (step 3) is also very effective at keeping your face from drying out too much from the cleanser and toner. It leaves my skin feeling soft and refreshed. I don’t think I’ll ever turn back from Proactiv.
Celina N.
Quartz Hill
Honestly proactive is a scam in my opinion. It’s pretty pricey and I’m pretty sure that they follow suit with a lot of other acne companies and add ingredients that make you break out over time so you have to continue with your subscription. I cleared up significantly for about two weeks and then my skin started breaking out in huge cystic pimples that absolutely ruined my skin and I am still dealing with the scars. Don’t waste your money on Proactive.
Annii V.
So I have really oily skin and I've been having so much trouble with my acne and I have so many dark spots. I've tried sooooooo many different acne products and have been wondering what products to use for my dark spots left behind from my acne? Help..I'm really just considering buying anything on TV saying it will work at this point .
Kristine P.
Lafayette , IN
Is it really worth the $? I see the hype on TV, but it seems like I can get face wash for 1/3 of the price elsewhere.
Blanche R.
Santa Ana, CA
I've been hearing that before your acne gets better it gets worse. Is this true? and if so how bad does it get?
Melissa A.
Monrovia, CA
Does this actually work ?
Kaitlyn  .
I have oily skin and I always hear mix things about this product. I have moderate acne and my face tends to get dry patches. Should I try this or stay away?